Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Y
Y
Hi Tim,<BR> Thank you for the wonderful idea for this post. I am historically an optomistic and very appreciative person. After 5 months of hell which we all understand, and some paxil, I am finding myself again. There are the moments of desperation and depression, but overall my attitude is looking up.<P> I live in beautiful Colorado. I'm out on the plains, but with a mountain view at least and 300+ days of sunshine. We have two gentle horses, two healthy rambunctious children, two loving canines, and two schizophrenic cats (aren't they all)<P> I really do have a wonderful, energetic, fun-loving, spontaneous, hunk of a husband, who is trying to remember all my good points at the moment. Hopefully it will all come back soon!!!!<P> I have soooooo many caring, compassionate friends, such a sincere, humble, loving, respectful, caring, deicated family (including my 2 older brothers that I would never have imagined saying that about as a kid)<P> I love my part-time work as an OB/GYN nurse practitioner and spend most of my time with patients now talking about their relationship, kids, intimate time together, etc.....and have found that to be so rewarding. I'd even like to teach a his needs/her needs class someday. But better straighten my own marriage out first.<P> I have found a renewed strength in my faith, and hoping my husband will. Mostly, I have truly determined the most important values in life.....family, friends, helping others, and striving to live by Jesus' teachings (I'm NOT a bible beater, some may prefer Buddha, whatever...) and Stephen Covey's high principles and morals. And to continue to find internal strength and love and to share that with others.<P> Thanks again for the idea for this post. We must feel the negativity in our experiences, but we can continue to focus on the positive, and give thanks everyday!!!!<P>Jenn<P>------------------<BR>

Y
Y
Hi Tim,<BR> Thank you for the wonderful idea for this post. I am historically an optomistic and very appreciative person. After 5 months of hell which we all understand, and some paxil, I am finding myself again. There are the moments of desperation and depression, but overall my attitude is looking up.<P> I live in beautiful Colorado. I'm out on the plains, but with a mountain view at least and 300+ days of sunshine. We have two gentle horses, two healthy rambunctious children, two loving canines, and two schizophrenic cats (aren't they all)<P> I really do have a wonderful, energetic, fun-loving, spontaneous, hunk of a husband, who is trying to remember all my good points at the moment. Hopefully it will all come back soon!!!!<P> I have soooooo many caring, compassionate friends, such a sincere, humble, loving, respectful, caring, deicated family (including my 2 older brothers that I would never have imagined saying that about as a kid)<P> I love my part-time work as an OB/GYN nurse practitioner and spend most of my time with patients now talking about their relationship, kids, intimate time together, etc.....and have found that to be so rewarding. I'd even like to teach a his needs/her needs class someday. But better straighten my own marriage out first.<P> I have found a renewed strength in my faith, and hoping my husband will. Mostly, I have truly determined the most important values in life.....family, friends, helping others, and striving to live by Jesus' teachings (I'm NOT a bible beater, some may prefer Buddha, whatever...) and Stephen Covey's high principles and morals. And to continue to find internal strength and love and to share that with others.<P> Thanks again for the idea for this post. We must feel the negativity in our experiences, but we can continue to focus on the positive, and give thanks everyday!!!!<P>Jenn<P>------------------<BR>

Y
Y
New here! I try each day to look in the mirror and remember the good in my life. Mostly right now I have a beautiful daughter who is 2 1/2 and she brings me much joy. I had a real good conversation with my ex and found out that his live-in is bad mouthing me and just livid that we are communicating. I don't say anything bad about her and hope one day my ex will take me back. Oh geez, I got off the topic. Today is Friday...I have the whole weekend with my daughter and if it works out I just may run into my ex at breakfast on Sunday!! My health is good. LOVE my job, great boss! My mom lives close and she is wonderful. Of course I'm her favorite, we just don't tell my two sisters!! The sun is shinning right now and I can't wait until June 1, 2000....that WILL be our 15 year wedding anniversary and I hope that is the day we remarry! hang loose....((hugs))

M
OP Offline
M
Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys. LONG day at work. I was on the "streets" today and we had our butts handed to us. Put in 14 hours. <P>Hi Desperado,<P>I'm sorry to hear of your break up. I told the W that whoever gets me nest will get a great partner and lover. I have learned so much here and in my reading. Only you can say whens enough is enough.<P>NSR,<P>Great list. I have most recently turned to Him too.<P>Cl!<P>Don't even think of honing in on my thread girl.......Just kidding.<P>RWD,<P>Our kids are our legacy. Sorry but I only follow the Yanks. This situation affects all parts of our life. Have been reading of your ups and downs. It WILL all turn out for the best.<P>Carol,<P>What an extremely touching post. I am so sorry for your most recent loss.<P>Marlo,<P>JUST kidding about the dang cats thing. Val took our dog when she left. Damn I miss them both. We MUST put ourselves first and grow as individuals.<P>TNT,<P>You slay me! A most impressive resume. WOW great story. Did I tell you that I invented toothpaste?<P>Kalise,<P>Alot of people say about getting back with Toni [first W]. Her included. She was with me everyday I was at the hospital with my Mom after the heart attack. Thanks for the prayers.<P>Liz or shoud I say POGP,<P>Glad to hear of your success story. We all need to know it can and does happen. Thanks for the hug. I needed that too.<P>Robilar,<P>You say it doesn't sound like much. It sounds good to me. If you could only post that you get up everyday, that might be considered not much. Looks like you do have things to be thankful of.<P>Jennifer,<P>Good to hear you attitude is looking up. I was a basket case for the longest time [ 6 months] and pulled myself up by my boot straps.<P>Bikermom,<P>First welcome. I was told never say never. If you build it they will come. Have a GREAT week end with your daughter.<P>Thanks to all for posting. I hope this question was thought provoking for you all. Don't stop being thankful for all the good in your life when this gets buried in the archives. Every morning I look in the mirror and reflect [no pun intended] about what is going well for me.<P>Once again thanks for your participation.<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic

C
C
Well, currently H and I are NOT divorced as was supposed to happen on Wed...because jerk of a judge would not approve our already agreed upon joint custody arrangement. So, we have to go back to court and go through a custody assessment. Please say prayers that judge will "See the light". Anyway, I have so many wonderful things in my life. <P>First of all, my 3 beautiful children, who are so strong and so loving and absolutely thriving despite all of this turmoil.<P>My wonderful family, who even though they can be judgemental and stiffling sometimes, really, truly love me and want the best for me and are there to support me.<P>My friends, especially, my best friend J, who has been my rock over the past few months. I couldn't have done it without her.<P>My husband, who has shown me myself over the last 6 months. He has enabled me to see us as we were and to really work on me. We are getting a long so well, and some things that happened last week are evidence of that [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. Anyway, despite his actions (betraying), I have learned a lot. He is a great dad and I am lucky to have him as a father to our children.<P>Finally, God. He has truly "carried" me lately. I woke up the other day and realized that I am "ok", not happy, but "ok". It has taken a lot to get to that and God has truly taken the burden when I just couldn't. <P>And thanks to all of my MB friends. It isn't over yet, but we are all getting there and getting healthier!<P><P>------------------<BR>Rachel :)<P>

M
OP Offline
M
Hey Cam,<P>Have been reading your posts of the upcoming court date. This bites baloney. I see that the divorce is not final. Some folks say that things happen for a reason. I believe this sometimes, other times I just think it is because this sucks worse that life itself. Maybe you are not meant to divorce quite yet. Depends on how you look at it. Is the glass half full, or half empty. As long as there is beer in the glass I am happy, works for me.<P>Thanks for the response. Hope things go the way YOU want them too.<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic<P>

A
A
Somedays (ok, many days) it is hard to find the good. But it's there if we look.. For me its:<BR><BR>My son, who is doing so well in school and work. He is what keeps me going.<BR><BR>My family, especially my sister, who is always there for me, even when my actions disappoint her.<BR><BR>My girlfriends...they help keep me sane, and never judge.<BR><BR>Believe it or not...the fact that H is doing his best to keep me and son in our home. He says he doesn't want to pull the rug out from under us. And that he & I can be friendly to each other.<BR><BR>That so far I find the strength to get thru another day, and I am still alive, after being plagued by thoughts of just checking out.<BR><BR>OK, yes, my dogs and cats.... I love them dearly, especially when I am crying and they nuzzle me and lick away my tears.

M
OP Offline
M
Hey ATW,<P>Wondered where ya were. Yes, some days it is very hard to find the good things in our lives, but, damn it they are there. Thank God "those" days are getting fewer and fewer for me. Almost down to none.<P>I had two neighbors ask me how things are going for me. They all see that Val is not at home presently. I shocked the poop out of them with my new attitude. "I couldn't be better" and I really mean that. <P>I had a second date with Michele tonight. We took my son back up to college. We stopped to eat and chat. Came back to the house to watch a movie. Great time was had by all.<P>Well, back to you. Sorry I ramble a lot lately. I'm slowly feeling my life returning to me. I think Val sucked the life out of me. I'm glad to hear of your support network.<P>Hang in there it DOES get better!<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 579 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation