Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25
N
N
Is there a 3 week accelerated program, I'd kind of like to get this over with:).

Not sure about three weeks, but a WS experiencing that "What the hell was I thinking?" epiphany, and doing all possible to help, will shorten the cycle.

D
DBD Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Those poor people were literally afraid for their own lives, and you are saying it was appropriate for MTW to take pleasure in that?

Why not? I sure am enjoying the situation, and I did as little DIRECTLY as he did to make it happen!!!

NO (legal) THING that ruins an AP's life will ever cause me to feel remorse. If this complication leads to POSOM getting fired, I see Chuck Norris making a PSA for the NRA from the account!

I sin every day. I did not insinuate it was right, but it sure as hell brought me pleasure. I was the apitomy of respect and they started pissing their pants because of their own wild imaginations. Have you read Proverbs 6? And for the record, they knew the OM was trying to get my wife in bed--the guy I called even said as much when I spoke to them. I have to specifically name them and their actions in my prayers of forgiveness every week or so just to stay sane. Guilty and scared for good reasons--none of which are due to me.

Still, who cares about all that, I have a marriage to save and need you're help--lets focus on that.

Me: BH 42
Her: WW 41
Married 23 years
D-Day March 2, 2013
E-Day April 8, 2013
5 Kids ages 16-22, 3 boys & 2 girls
M
M
Having timetable and expectations will only disappoint and discourage you.

This works, but it is not an exact science.

The outcome is not a forgone conclusion.

Not trying to discourage you, just be realistic.

This is the common double edge MB sword. Not MB fault, but it happens over and over.

You come here without hope and a plan. Here you find both. So the outcome is guaranteed, because you want it so much. Not so much.

Take care of your side of the fence. Keep expectations in check.

Like manna in the desert, only one day at a time.

Once again, a blast from the past

Originally Posted by bigkahuna
and Herb if you see every little thing as "giving you some hope" you will be an emotiuonal wreck soon.

You have to learn not to get your validation from her. Know who you are in Christ. Be happy.

M
M
It will make this much harder if she goes to stay with her mother. She will be able to contact the OM from there too. And since your MIL is not very savvy, contact will be easier, not harder. You can't stop her, but I sure wouldn't encourage it!

You might want to just take a neutral approach to her going away so she doesn't use leaving as a punishment.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
DBD Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
and Herb if you see every little thing as "giving you some hope" you will be an emotiuonal wreck soon.

You have to learn not to get your validation from her. Know who you are in Christ. Be happy.

Oh, that is huge. How did you know I was hanging on her every word, touch, facial expression for some sign of improvement???

I'm trying to get this concept down--but I fluctuate in and out of it.

Me: BH 42
Her: WW 41
Married 23 years
D-Day March 2, 2013
E-Day April 8, 2013
5 Kids ages 16-22, 3 boys & 2 girls
P
P
Originally Posted by MTW
I have a marriage to save and need you're help--lets focus on that.

As a self professed military guy , you will appreciate this oldie-but-goodie MB post. The Art of War - Sun Tzu
Force is the control of the balance of power, in accordance with advantages.

In Plan A ... the BS restores their power to affect change. Plan A gives the BS an advantage with their intimate knowledge of their spouse's ENs.

Warfare is the Way of deception.

Deception meaning .... showing more strength than you might possess at that given time ! Hiding your weaknesses. Plan A ... not begging, crying, pleading ... standing tall and presenting a self ready to battle & fight for the marriage.

Therefore, if able, appear unable,

Plan A ... let your WS provide you with things that save your energy for future need.

if active, appear not active,

When snooping about like a squirrel searching for seeds of the affair, appear calm & serene ... Plan A snooping is done quietly & without announcing >>> "Ah-Ha ... Look what I found !". Be stealth.

if near, appear far,

Plan A ... keep your WS guessing where you are.

if far, appear near.

What seems just out of reach is sometimes more attractive. What seems a sure thing, is taken for granted.

If they have advantage, entice them;

Offer the WS goodies ... as in meet their ENs.

if they are confused, take them,

Plan A is confusing to the WS. They would prefer the BS appear ugly & unattractive in order to justify their cheating. It is confusing for the WS to see an attractive BS.

if they are substantial, prepare for them,

Plan A ... get all your ducks lined up. Legal preparations. Financial preparations. Spiritual preparations. Etc.

if they are strong, avoid them,

Plan A is not plan doormat. They can wipe their feet elsewhere, but not on your back. Accepting abuse is not an attractive trait.

if they are angry, disturb them,

LOL .... this is precicely responding to fog talk" .... The WS speaks with foggy tongue, disturb them with fog talk responses

if they are humble, make them haughty,

If the WS is over-confident, they become sloppy & make errors.

if they are relaxed, toil them,

Keeping an affair going is exhausting to the WS. It's like a juggling act. Throw the WS another ball to keep in the air. The affair will fall when the juggler becomes exhausted by the added effort.

if they are united, separate them.

Do not become the fool that encourages both the WS and the OP to join forces. If you act insane during Plan A, they have a common enemy to fight ~~~> YOU !

Attack where they are not prepared, go out to where they do not expect.

Do the UNexpected in Plan A. Keep the WS guessing & wondering.

This specialized warfare leads to victory, and may not be transmitted beforehand.

Do not give away your plans.... do not show the WS your books. Do not invite the WS to this site. Stealth.

Before doing battle, in the temple one calculates and will win, because many calculations were made

Plan ... you must have a Plan or you will suffer & be defeated.

before doing battle, in the temple one calculates and will not win, because few calculations were made

Don't waste time flailing about .... get organized & recruit helpers.

many calculations, victory, few calculations, no victory, then how much less so when no calculations

Do not proceed by your feelings alone. Develop your plan.

By means of these, I can observe them, beholding victory or defeat!

The BS who refuse to develop & follow a plan, are most likely to fail.

We go to war against adultery, not against the spouse who is lost.

M
M
Originally Posted by MTW
Oh, that is huge. How did you know I was hanging on her every word, touch, facial expression for some sign of improvement???

I'm trying to get this concept down--but I fluctuate in and out of it.

Been there, done that.

You are not alone.

Last edited by mmmherb; 04/10/13 01:19 PM.
P
P
This link is to encourage you in your prayer life. It was written by another Christian warrior who battled his wife's infidelity .... and WON!

Mortorman -[color:#CC0000] Walls and Doors[/color]

P
P
I wrote this, inspired by our pastor one Sunday ... and I adapted Pastor's sermon to these forums. It's linked in my sig line.

Originally Posted by Pepperband
"Sin in it's ordinary progression first deceives, next hardens, and then destroys." - John Thornton

Thinking about this quote in the context of a wayward mind ....

1. Deception.
We talk about wayward "fog", which is verbal expression of the self deception that goes on in a wayward mind. Deception which allows a so called "normal" person to commit adultery. "The enemy" is the ultimate liar. What deception does is this, deception makes swallowing a deadly poison seem like a desirable choice. This is the point in adultery where the waywards telling themselves lies might be shocked into reality by exposure. perhaps not, but it is possible. Truth & light are kryptonite to the deception. I am talking about the wayward losing his/her mind.

2. Hardening.
Now, about the wayward's heart. It hardens. The wayward heart becomes callous. The wayward heart becomes closed off and insensitive to the pain and devastation their adultery causes. The wayward can even accept the broken hearts of their own children if that pain supports their adultery. The wayward becomes impervious to empathy. Cry all you want, your tears have no meaning for the hardened heart of a lost wayward. Your tears, your pain only annoy the hardened wayward heart.

3. Destruction.
And finally, the wayward's soul. The sin of adultery destroys the wayward's soul. The spiritual essence of humanity is nowhere to be found in the wayward. Integrity has been cast off in order for the adultery to continue. The wayward does not go on his/her merry way unscathed. The wayward is the most wounded of all. The destruction of a once beautiful soul, now made ugly by sin, is heartbreaking.

There is a progression to this loss.
Humans are vulnerable to temptation.
Temptation feels good.
But, giving into the sin, and living in the sin is life changing.
Soul changing.

We can actually SEE it sometimes.
We can actually SEE the cold eyes of the hardened heart.
We can actually SEE the lifeless eyes of the soulless.

Last edited by Pepperband; 04/10/13 01:32 PM.
P
P
Originally Posted by MTW
She got news about the OM catching crap at work.

Have you been able to verify who this news came from?

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

J
J
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Those poor people were literally afraid for their own lives, and you are saying it was appropriate for MTW to take pleasure in that?

Why not? I sure am enjoying the situation, and I did as little DIRECTLY as he did to make it happen!!!

NO (legal) THING that ruins an AP's life will ever cause me to feel remorse. If this complication leads to POSOM getting fired, I see Chuck Norris making a PSA for the NRA from the account!

I don't know whether you are deliberately missing my point, or so defensive about this topic that you genuinely missed it. I've said repeatedly that OM's colleagues--who've had nothing whatsoever to do with this situation--shouldn't have been made to fear for their lives. If I worked there and heard a rumor that an enraged, betrayed husband might barge into the office and go postal, I'd have been afraid, too! When you have an enormous collection of knives, guns, and ammunition, common sense dictates that you shouldn't go around saying you want to kill someone. That is almost like yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theatre. This is not a gun debate; this is about respecting people's right to feel safe. So get off your high horse.

P
P
Originally Posted by MTW
Still, who cares about all that, I have a marriage to save and need you're help--lets focus on that.

The BH has made a request that we help him with his M.

M
M
Jessica, where did he threaten to kill anyone? I have read through this thread and must have missed it. The impression I have is that this man - THE VICTIM HERE - has been treated like a killer only because he owns guns. How retarded is that?

The threat to these people comes from the OM since he brought all this drama on the rest of them. Getting beat up and/or killed is a JOB HAZARD of screwing someone's spouse. It was the OM who created this risk, not this man. This BH did not have an affair, he did not ask for this situation.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Jessica, where did he threaten to kill anyone? I have read through this thread and must have missed it. If I read it correctly, MTW told his wife that he wanted to kill OM. Then she told OM that her husband had extensive collection of firearms and wanted to kill him. My concern was for the OM's colleagues who heard that rumor and were literally afraid to go to work. Those people are innocent bystanders who didn't deserve to be made afraid like that, and creating that kind of impression probably won't help MTW to win his wife back.

P
P
J.U.S.T S.T.O.P.

J
J
My basic point is that you can't justify yelling "fire!" in a crowded movie theatre just because POSOM happens to be one of the people in the theatre.

If MTW is in Plan A, he should be trying to make himself more appealing to his wife, not scare her away by making threatening statements that make her fear he is coming unhinged.

Okay, I'm done now. I'll stop.

B
B
Originally Posted by MTW
How do I keep the heat on the OM on an ongoing basis? Do you mean by confronting him every time something is found? Letters? Glassing his house when he leaves in the ams? Putting an airbag initiator on his gas tank and programming it to my wife's cell number? Sending him a counterfeit aids testing letter from the county health department? Chaining his axle to his swimming pool filter? Putting a dead fish in his ac evaporater? Better clarify because I could get a little carried away.

I thought this was quite creative! And I thought immediately of NG! Well I kind of like the dead fish idea. Was it on here that I read the story about the smelly stuff in the curtain rods? Ha. I agree that MTW is likely venting and not dangerous at all. Though I don't like guns AT ALL. How does your wife feel about guns?
I agree that a symbolic gesture of quitting your hobby before you get around to discussing it will be greatly appreciated. And the diamond ring, well let's just say diamonds are a girl's best friend. So yeah... good suggestion!

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
M
M
Trust the Kahuna

S
S
Originally Posted by JessicaClaire
My basic point is that you can't justify yelling "fire!" in a crowded movie theatre just because POSOM happens to be one of the people in the theatre.

If MTW is in Plan A, he should be trying to make himself more appealing to his wife, not scare her away by making threatening statements that make her fear he is coming unhinged.

Okay, I'm done now. I'll stop.

I've gone back and read EVERY ONE of MTW's posts. He said that his WW had said she was scared he would kill OM. He said the OM was scare of him hurting him. I think he said a man he told at OM's work may have put out that he was angry and coming to the workplace. MTW said he has never made any threats at all. If I am wrong, I would be happ to be corrected, but from my perspective it is ALL in the OM and WW's minds and they are gaslighting these others. Don't blame MTW for what OM and WW are doing!

Last edited by sstnt2; 04/10/13 03:42 PM.
B
B
oh gee I posted before I read page 2! Um yeah, love that kahuna post, and agree that WW should stay home. Can you get MIL to say now is not a good time?

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 198 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation