Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
OP Offline
L
I have been to this site before but it's been more than 5 yrs. When I was here last, I was the offended spouse. Now, I'm ashamed to admit, I'm the wayward spouse. My boyfriend & I are not married yet, but have discussed it. I have cut off all contact with the OP. But the girlfriend of the OP continues to text my boyfriend with info she has gotten from her wayward bf. I have told my bf the complete truth, made no excuses for what I did, definitely did not blame him for any of it, apologized & have started the road to recovery by doing all I can to fill up his Love Bank. When the affair was discovered, I did what I knew I should to start making things right.

My question is... should the OP's gf continue this contact with my bf? I feel we can't move any further down the road to recovery if she keeps trying to prove I'm lying because her bf won't tell her the whole truth.

P
P
Originally Posted by lostafter24yrs
My question is... should the OP's gf continue this contact with my bf? I feel we can't move any further down the road to recovery if she keeps trying to prove I'm lying because her bf won't tell her the whole truth.

You are not married.
The woman you offended can do whatever she needs to do in order to try and navigate her situation with clarity.
Who knows which liar she should believe? <~~~ See that? That's your problem.
You wedged yourself where you had no business. You became one of the two liars.

It's interesting that you did not mention how YOU have implemented your own EPs to prevent another offense.

Extraordinary precautions.

P
P
You never mentioned it, but I suspect you did not volunteer a confession on you own.

The other GF ratted you out. Didn't she?

P
P
When I was here last, I was the offended spouse. Now, I'm ashamed to admit, I'm the wayward spouse. My boyfriend & I are not married yet, but have discussed it.

You're not a spouse yet.

I looked at your first post as a betrayed wife.
I am shocked!
** link **

Your previous experience with cheating/betrayal concluded with a suicide and threats of more suicide !!! And you still decided cheating on your current BF was a good idea! Really? Can you please explain your thought process? I am actually very interested in how you made this choice knowing how much destruction adultery can cause.

Originally Posted by 2007 YOUR POST
2 weeks ago her d-i-l sent my DH a message that she was suicidal. Yesterday she (the lover) saw my husband at a gas station & started calling him, saying she couldn't live without him & she was going to commit suicide because he wouldn't talk to her. I should add that on March 2 of this year, her husband committed suicide at the front gate of my husband's job with her watching so she is now free.

M
M
Oh brother....... crazy

At least take the biblical references out of your signature..

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Are you actually divorced?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Are you actually divorced?

Oh- GREAT question !!!!

L
OP Offline
L
Actually, she didn't rat me out. My bf found out by other means. I have cut off all contact with OP. My bf has the passwords to all my accounts (i.e. email, phone records, facebook, etc.) I give him my phone whenever he asks for it. He regularly checks all these things. By the time my bf found out, I had already ended it with OP several months back. I am completely honest with him about everything, always let him know where I am & he can snoop as much as he likes, I actually tell him to look. I am taking EP to make sure it doesn't happen ever again.

No, I am not married & haven't been for almost 6 yrs. I guess the problem I'm having with it is when my WH did this to me, I was told then not to have contact with the OP or anyone to do with OP. That my WH should be the one to answer my questions.

I came back to this site because it helped me before even though we divorced. I am totally committed to my bf & we are planning a life together. I want to do all that is necessary to have a good marriage this time around.

P
P
What thought process allowed you to cheat, knowing that it could lead to a suicide?

L
OP Offline
L
I have been divorced since June 20, 2008. My ex moved to another town to take a job in December 0f 2007. That was our final separation. We had to wait 6 mths for his job to allow him to be in court.

P
P
Originally Posted by Pepperband
What thought process allowed you to cheat, knowing that it could lead to a suicide?

This is actually very important.

L
OP Offline
L
My thought process at that time was not good. We were apart for long periods of time, maybe only seeing each other once a month, due to work & things. I have been working 2 jobs since December of 2007. We talked daily & there were things that, if I mentioned them, he just didn't want to discuss.

As I said... I am ashamed to admit that I cheated. Especially after all that happened the first time. I never got all the answers I wanted from my ex. There have been significant changes in my life in the last year that have led to wanting to make this work.

I do know how she feels. She was not living here at the time. And I say that, making no excuses for what I did.

All I want to do now is make sure it never happens again & have a better marriage than I had before.

Last edited by lostafter24yrs; 04/29/13 04:05 PM.
P
P
My thought process at that time was not good. We were apart for long periods of time, maybe only seeing each other once a month, due to work & things. I have been working 2 jobs since December of 2007. We talked daily & there were things that, if I mentioned them, he just didn't want to discuss.

None of this describes a thought process. If you do not understand the errant thoughts that allowed you to violate your own ethics - then you remain risky.

Try again. What were you thinking? As in:

"I was thinking that if I had sex with OM that _______ would be alright."(fill in the blanks).
"I was thinking that I deserved to have sex with OM because ______".

If you do not understand yourself, you cannot make the appropriate self correction.

You have wrong thinking. Point it out to yourself.

"Gee honey, I'm very sorry & it won't happen again." <~~~ You should not allow yourself to get away with such a frivolous response after what you went through the first time.

P
P
I don't care that you feel ashamed.
I don't care that you feel sorry.
I don't care that you apologized.
I don't care that you are not trying to make excuses.

I have a hunch about your motivation & thought process, but it is better if you come up with it on your own.

P
P
Here is a hint, written by Dr Harley.

Why would any of us hurt the one we promised to love and cherish?

L
OP Offline
L
I was thinking at the time that I just wanted to be with someone. It was never about sex. That's just the price I paid for a little companionship.

I have known both of these people since high school, so this was not a complete stranger.

And no, I did not offer an insincere apology like that. I fully expected him to end it with me & accepted that. He wants to make it work also. We have talked things over, spent many hours talking & I have done more than just apologize.

P
P
I was thinking at the time that I just wanted to be with someone. It was never about sex.

Then, why didn't you go have lunch with a girlfriend?

That's just the price I paid for a little companionship.

This is bullcrap, and you know it. If I feel like some companionship, I call my sister, or my daughter, or my friends.

I have known both of these people since high school, so this was not a complete stranger.

Are you saying you betrayed a lifelong girlfriend?

P
P
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Here is a hint, written by Dr Harley.

Why would any of us hurt the one we promised to love and cherish?

Try again.
Why did you choose to hurt 3 people that you cared about?

L
OP Offline
L
No. She was not a lifelong girlfriend, just someone I went to school with. My kids have their own lives & don't have much time for me. I don't have any close friends. My friends were the wives of my ex's friends.

But on second thought... Never mind. My question won't get answered here. Being honest & looking for help, as usual, gets me nothing. But then... I screwed up this time.

L
OP Offline
L
I did not hurt 3 people I care about, only one. And I know he's throwing me under the bus so she won't kick him out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 279 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation