Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 59 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 58 59
M
M
Originally Posted by OddJob123
This is good stuff.. I love you guys. thanks so much. I am way to emotional perturbed right now to think of this stuff on my own.

That is the beauty of having folks who are not emotionally invested help you... We can be objective and strategic about your situation because our emotions are not clouding our thinking. grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I can almost feel her grabbing for the crack pipe as I pull it further away.

Do you see how you are kindly, and sweetly, throwing some stink bombs into Affair Land? grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
And do you see how you effectively changed the subject from her fogbabble to the STARK PROBLEMS IN AFFAIRVILLE?

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
Yes, I do!! Even if I don't end up reconciling with her, I can see how going through this process is going to teach me so so much. And I'm getting excited to become a regular here to help others as well once this is over. It will be nice if one day I can put my recovery status in my signature, as far away and as hopeless as that seems at the moment.

Me: BH, 28
WW, 26
Married September 2005
D-Day: April 7, 2013
A started in February, 2013, and is ongoing
M
M
I like posting to you young kids. You post really fast!! laugh

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
She hasn't responded yet, so she is either typing a novel, or she is too pissed to respond.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
M
M
She hasn't responded yet, so she is either typing a novel, or she is too pissed to respond.

Or she is screaming at OM!! rotflmao

Exposure 101

B
B
When will you be able to talk to OM's parents?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
OJ, do you see how OUTRAGED she is at the prospect you would speak to his parents about the affair? Now do you understand how effective this would be in causing problems in their affair? Your wife is going CRAZY over this issue and that is GOOD GOOD GOOD!!

This is because if she will not be accepted into his family, it greatly complicates the future of the affair. This really bothers WW's because they fantasize about being integrated into the OM's family. That has been ruined here!!

You have hit a very soft target with the parent issue.

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
She still hasn't responded to me. Ya, she is pissed, and probably talking to OM.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
O
OP Offline
O
And the best part is is I never said I talked to his parents. So I never lied or anything.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
M
M
She still hasn't responded to me. Ya, she is pissed, and probably talking to OM.

dramaqueen <-------------> OM

All hell done broke loose in Affairville! stickout

Exposure 101

M
M
And the best part is is I never said I talked to his parents. So I never lied or anything.

yep!

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

I can't go over to their house until Wednesday, but I may try calling them tomorrow evening after their church is over. I have their house phone number.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
M
M

I can't go over to their house until Wednesday, but I may try calling them tomorrow evening after their church is over. I have their house phone number.

Great idea! The sooner the better. You don't want them to get to the parents FIRST and spin some story about some crazed ex husband.

Exposure 101

B
B

Can you call them tonight?

With them going to church tomorrow, their son's sins will weigh heavy on their hearts.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Her story will go like this:

"my husband and I have separated because of his abuse and I have filed for divorce. We are just waiting for the divorce to be final. He is furious that I have left this abusive, terrifying marriage and is calling up all my friends and family trying to get them to make me come back!"

So when you do call them, they will be forewarned and will hang up on you beucase they won't believe you.

See, almost all wayward WIVES portray their husbands as "abusive", ie: satan incarnate because they need to portray themselves as victims.

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
I just called, talked to OM's sister. She took my # and the mother is going to call me when she gets home if she isn't too tired. If I don't hear from her tonight, I will try calling tomorrow after church.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
O
OP Offline
O
I would be absolutely SHOCKED SHOCKED SHOCKED if my wife told anyone i was abusive. That would be the up-most definite proof that she is gone absolutely crazy.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
K
K
you notice how she went from saying she "had been thinking about it for a long time" to "I didn't plan this"
Fog

Me: 34 BH
Her: 31 FWW
DD (6)
DS (3)
D-day 2/2/13

Page 14 of 59 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation