Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 59 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 58 59
M
M
OJ, another thing this will highlight is the fact that the OM can't support her. I bet he has next to nothing financially and can barely afford to get himself an apartment AND pay for his wife's home. This will make her realize that you can provide a home for her and he can't. You have TWO homes and he has NONE. He lives with hims momma and daddy.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
I actually went to the new house to check to see if anyone was trying to get in. No one there.. In all likelyhood she went and spent the night at her best friends house (remember that guy that confessed his love to her?) and actually it's not his house, it's his GF's house.

Me: BH, 28
WW, 26
Married September 2005
D-Day: April 7, 2013
A started in February, 2013, and is ongoing
O
OP Offline
O
Are me and my Dad right in assuming that I just made my WS a huge burden for OM?

WW, 26
Married September 2005
J
J
Originally Posted by OddJob123
She is texting OM like crazy of course. I went upstairs into another room to get out of her way... I think I've done enough damage.

Are you paying for her cell phone? If so then cancel it. If its on your account cancel it.

BH: 46
FWW: 44
3 DD: 20,17,11
Married 24 years
PA/EA: 5/08
DDay: 6/08
NC: 8/08
Previous EA 1998 confessed 8/08
In Recovery
T
T
Are me and my Dad right in assuming that I just made my WS a huge burden for OM?

Yes you are.

M
M

Oh yes! You just inserted reality into the affair. An affair can't withstand the pressure of reality for long.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
Been chatting with her best friend a bit this morning. He is so confused as to why I'm doing the things I'm doing. He says he just thinks I'm pushing her farther and farther away, and that in fact she told him that I'm just pushing her farther and farther away. That she thinks I'm just trying to alienate her from all her friends and family and make her a sad lonely person. He said he won't even tell me some of the other things she has said, which I'm sure are things like "I am NEVER going back" blabla.

Is it normal for the WS to think this?

WW, 26
Married September 2005
O
OP Offline
O
He is convinced that before she left me that the OM was nothing but a flirtatious co-worker, and he had absolutely nothing to do with her leaving me.

I told him that her relationship was more serious and had been going on longer than he knows. He then said, "If that's true, then that means she's been straight up lying to me". And I said, "You're beginning to understand."

I hope this wasn't a mistake on my part.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
N
N
All right, enough self-congratulation and back-patting!

What's on tap for today, OJ?

1) You should "update" the folks on your exposure list to inform them of last night's developments, asking for their aid in refraining from offering WW assistance, and interceding if feasible in her self-destructive path.

2) If, as you suspect, WW is with this pathetic suitor-in-waiting, you have a whole separate exposure string to begin, of his friends and family, including his gf's contacts.

3) Now would be a good time to commence a documented history of everything that is happening. Dates, times, who said what, etc. If this does go to divorce, you want a cogent story that clearly displays her culpability in the progression.

It's been a helluva four days, has it not? The roller coaster you have been compelled to ride is not finished. Until it comes to a complete stop, keep your lap-belt fastened, and your arms and legs inside the car.

O
OP Offline
O
the suitor-in-waiting's friends are already on the exposure list.

So should the exposure letter look like this?

Dear friends / family -

I love WS with all my heart, and I am continuing to do everything I can to save my marriage. Last night I moved back into the house where WS was staying so that she could no longer use it as a place to continue her affair with OM. I asked her to stay and live in the house with me, but unfortunately she decided to leave that very night. I am saddened by her decision. If you have any influence on my wife, please urge her to end this affair that is hurting so many people. Urge her to come home so our marriage can recover.

I'd appreciate your support and prayers

-BS

WW, 26
Married September 2005
O
OP Offline
O
She also told him that she thought the way I was acting last night was "creepy", since I was being so nice and calm, and just playing guitar and stuff. Hope that's not bad.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
N
N
"creepy" is wayward-speak for "unclear to me". Good enough - stay "creepy".

As for your status letter, if you think all the addressees have her cell number, you need not include it. If not, do so.

O
OP Offline
O
Hmm.. I'm worried if I do that that she will change her cell phone number. Then I will have no way to contact her at all.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
O
OP Offline
O
Lol, and her suitor-in-waiting told me that OM's reason for leaving his wife for my WS is that "He hasn't been happy for a long time in his marriage".. ROFL......

WW, 26
Married September 2005
N
N
Which reminds me, do you wife's family/friends know that the BW of POSOM is fighting CANCER?

They SHOULD!!!

O
OP Offline
O
Yes, they all know. It was in my original exposure letter.

Is the wording of my update letter sufficient?

WW, 26
Married September 2005
N
N
...she will change her cell phone number.

More confusion, more complication, more goodness for you......

(And how long do you think it will be before you discover the new number?)

O
OP Offline
O
Hmm... There are really only TWO people she would give it to that I can talk to, and I don't think either of them would give it up to me if she asked them not to.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
O
OP Offline
O
That figure of "two" i just making me realize how much she is alienating herself from everyone.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
D
D
OJ you are doing good keep it up as for that [censored] she calls a friend, he is obviously an enabler and probably wants her as well. Cancel that cell phone you are facilitating the affair. If she gets a new number, so what? I put money she will ca you and you will have it. WWs aren't very smart when they are foggy. As far as being creepy she was fishing for an argument keep cool as a cucumber, sir. She expects your reaction to be violent and angry so she can JUSTIFY her transgressions. She will say anything to press your buttons just remember being angry is a choice, not a good choice but a choice nonetheless.

Page 26 of 59 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 715 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation