Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 59 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 58 59
P
P
Originally Posted by MrWondering
You win no matter the outcome. You wife, on the other hand, is going to have a miserable life if she doesn't come back to you. She's the pitiful one here...not you.

VERY important !!!

M
M
Originally Posted by OddJob123
Ya, I will back off completely for a few weeks. Within that time there is a good chance she will give me divorce papers, should that happen, should I still tell her I won't talk divorce, only M, and that if she sues me for divorce, I will counter-sue on grounds of adultery?

Just tell her you won't sign anything and won't cooperate. Tell her if she files for divorce that you have been advised to countersue on grounds of adultery. Another key thing is to let her know that you won't be her "friend." You will be amazed at how this bothers her because she has fantasized that she can replace you as a husband and you will still be her friend.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Ya, I will back off completely for a few weeks. Within that time there is a good chance she will give me divorce papers, should that happen, should I still tell her I won't talk divorce, only M, and that if she sues me for divorce, I will counter-sue on grounds of adultery?

Just tell her you won't sign anything and won't cooperate. Tell her if she files for divorce that you have been advised to countersue on grounds of adultery. Another key thing is to let her know that you won't be her "friend." You will be amazed at how this bothers her because she has fantasized that she can replace you as a husband and you will still be her friend.

Well in her "I'm leaving" letter you noticed she said she hoped we could remain friends. But right now I don't think she ever wants to see or hear from me again, haha. Hopefully that will change in a week or two.

Me: BH, 28
WW, 26
Married September 2005
D-Day: April 7, 2013
A started in February, 2013, and is ongoing
O
OP Offline
O
MW, I loved your post so much I printed it out and hung it in my office. I think it will serve as a good motivator, and boost for when I'm feeling down.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
M
M
She will want to keep you as a "friend" when it all dies down so she won't feel so guilty. You have to tell her that if you end up divorced, you can't be her friend. First reason being that you don't want a cheater and a liar for a "friend" but also because it would harm your future relationships with other women.

Wayward wives have second thoughts when their betrayed husbands tell them they won't be in any contact with them if this ends in divorce.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
That makes sense. Good ammo for when she brings me the papers.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
O
OP Offline
O
Should I tell any of my friends who are currently "hanging out" with my wife and her OM that we cannot be friends anymore? I have a suspicion that two of my friends who supported me at first, may have spent time with them at a get together.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
M
M
Should I tell any of my friends who are currently "hanging out" with my wife and her OM that we cannot be friends anymore? I have a suspicion that two of my friends who supported me at first, may have spent time with them at a get together.

I would tell them to go to hell. Sheesh, they are not your friends!!

Exposure 101

N
N
What the hell kind of crowd do you run with?

"two of my friends" and "spent time (with WW and OM)" are oxymoronic concepts.

O
OP Offline
O
Will do, if it turns out I'm right.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
O
OP Offline
O
A dysfunctional crowd, apparently.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
G
G
OJ,

tells me that she actually may be a little bit scared of me right now in a way. Desperate to get rid of me, for me to stop all this, to just let her go.

She may sense just how fragile her affair is, and not only do all affairs start off dishonestly, but now she can't even hide that fact. There is a really good chance you have dealt a mortal blow to this affair, and it will slowly die from it's wounds.

Her decent friends might no long speak with WW, and the friends who approve are likely to cheat with OM on WW. The path back to an honest life for WW goes through you.

Even if WW gets divorced, then dumped by OM and tries another relationship with another OM it is also likely to start with dishonesty as I doubt she will tell how her marriage ended.

God Bless
Gamma

Last edited by Gamma; 05/08/13 02:05 PM.
O
OP Offline
O
It's a slippery slope for her, that's for sure. I wish I would have surrounded her with better influences all these years.. I'm really finding out the true character of some of my "friends" through all this.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
It's a slippery slope for her, that's for sure. I wish I would have surrounded her with better influences all these years.. I'm really finding out the true character of some of my "friends" through all this.

Dude...it is a cold reality to face. Been there done that.

Many of my friends and even family are still on the post-A battlefield�.never to come back.

Matter of fact my SIL is out of our lives. People show their true colors under adversity.

Support me and the W..great you are in the inner circle�don�t? Too bad you are out!!

N
N
Matter of fact my SIL is out of our lives.

As is my middle child out of mine......

O
OP Offline
O
I just did something that I should have asked you guys about first.. So it's too late to go back, but tell me what you think. I told this to my WS' best friend "suitor in waiting" that I talked about awhile ago -

I have made a decision, xxxx. And I am sorry it comes down to an ultimatum, but I am left no choice. If you continue to hang out with WS and OM while they are together, you are simply supporting and enabling her affair with him, and by doing so become a detriment to my marriage, which is the most important thing in my life. I cannot have anyone call themselves my friend if they continue to work against me by supporting this ongoing affair. I hope you make the right choice. If you were truly WS' friend, you would not support her making such a rash, wrong decision that has hurt myself and so many other people by hanging out with her when she is with OM. I know you feel like you are squeezed into a tough spot, but that is the reality. Look at it this way - telling WS you refuse to hang out when OM is around will not end your friendship with her, but NOT doing that will most definitely end yours with mine.

Please note that this guy has been telling me he doesn't want to lose my friendship over this for awhile. He desperately doesn't want to lose me as a friend. Even still, I'm still pretty sure, knowing the kind of guy he is, that he won't stop hanging out with them. Especially since the scumbag has eyes for my wife. I still felt it was a text worth sending though. I'm letting him know that I am standing for my principles, and if he doesn't support me, then goodbye. That way the issue is resolved, and he can stop sending me messages and texts letting me know he wants to save our friendship. I've given him a path to "save" it, if that's even possible after what he's done.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
I just did something that I should have asked you guys about first.. So it's too late to go back, but tell me what you think. I told this to my WS' best friend "suitor in waiting" that I talked about awhile ago -

I have made a decision, xxxx. And I am sorry it comes down to an ultimatum, but I am left no choice. If you continue to hang out with WS and OM while they are together, you are simply supporting and enabling her affair with him, and by doing so become a detriment to my marriage, which is the most important thing in my life. I cannot have anyone call themselves my friend if they continue to work against me by supporting this ongoing affair. I hope you make the right choice. If you were truly WS' friend, you would not support her making such a rash, wrong decision that has hurt myself and so many other people by hanging out with her when she is with OM. I know you feel like you are squeezed into a tough spot, but that is the reality. Look at it this way - telling WS you refuse to hang out when OM is around will not end your friendship with her, but NOT doing that will most definitely end yours with mine.

Please note that this guy has been telling me he doesn't want to lose my friendship over this for awhile. He desperately doesn't want to lose me as a friend. Even still, I'm still pretty sure, knowing the kind of guy he is, that he won't stop hanging out with them. Especially since the scumbag has eyes for my wife. I still felt it was a text worth sending though. I'm letting him know that I am standing for my principles, and if he doesn't support me, then goodbye. That way the issue is resolved, and he can stop sending me messages and texts letting me know he wants to save our friendship. I've given him a path to "save" it, if that's even possible after what he's done.

Hey..I respect you for saying that. If he doesn't, then oh well.

Personally, I agree with your position.

You made it about you and him which was excellent. Good for you.

Again though, giving this situation some time too cool off may work to your advantage. Poking the fire might not be the wisest move to make.

O
OP Offline
O
Ya, that's what I thought.. I probably should have waited. I should have asked here first. Oh well. Hopefully it won't be too detrimental, if at all.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
D
D
You sir are very wise!

O
OP Offline
O
So apparently WS came by the old house today while I was at work to get some more of her things. My cousin was here and they talked a bit. She told him how her brother was pissed at me for the facebook mass exposure, and how upset she was about it. And apparently my cousin told her "WS, you need to be grateful that is the worst thing that's happened. If you would have been my wife, OM would be in a wheel chair by now."

WW, 26
Married September 2005
Page 31 of 59 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation