Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 59 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 58 59
O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by Justlooking24
Originally Posted by OddJob123
I am willing to put in that work, even if the recovery took 5 years, or even longer. It's the not knowing, and honestly the feeling of no hope that she will ever commit to R that has me down. I am naturally a very forgiving person. Will there be resentment on my end? Of course, but if I can get to R, I am most definitely willing to put in the work.

Odd,
Regardless is your marriage recovers or not you have a bright, full future ahead of you. You are going to be okay either way. Learn this and understand this. Its frees you from daily guessing and wondering. It really doesn't matter what she does now or if she recovers or not. You are fine.

Yes, I keep trying to remind myself of this. I have MrW's epic post hung up in my office, and I will read it every day to remind me.

Me: BH, 28
WW, 26
Married September 2005
D-Day: April 7, 2013
A started in February, 2013, and is ongoing
C
C
Originally Posted by Justlooking24
When I heard she was telling people she's "happier than she's ever been", that hurt more than anything she has actually did, because that meant she was HAPPY about hurting the one she used to profess to love more than anything could ever hurt him.

My wifes similar statement was:

"Just lost 200lbs of dead weight in a divorce and I'm ready to have fun".

Ouch............. Do Men WS' say and do these things too?? So horrible!

Of course they do. And worse. What is amazing is that when a WS un-fogs, they often do not remember saying these hurtful things. Taffy still thinks I am making some stuff up. Takes a lot for a BS to let go of that resentment....

Best if concentrate on YOU at this point, you cannot control her actions. (I know you know this, but it bears reminding yourself.)

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
N
N
Oddjob,

Try to look at it from a different prospective, your WW isn't really going to go around saying she is doubting her choices and is not happy now is she?

She is trying to justify her bad conduct to everyone and trying to get them on side by babbling on about how happy she is.

She's not happy, she has just left her marriage for someone who abandoned his sick wife, and made a pass at a married woman, not exactly Prince Charming material.

She will never feel secure in that relationship and she will have no where to turn to to complain about the OM when things get tough as she's too busy trying to show off her affair in a good light.

Your WW is not rational right now so do yourself a favour and ignore all the fog talk. It means nothing and it is best ignored.m

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Married: 2000
DD1November 22 2008 - DD2 October 2014
PA Duration September 08 - November 08
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

Was misled into thinking we were in recovery for 6 years.

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

O
OP Offline
O
Thanks NB28 - makes perfect sense.

So I just had a chance encounter with my WS. I came home, and noticed her dog was here.... She must have dropped him off during the day or something. Knowing that she would have to come back and get him, I put on a nice shirt, sprayed myself with some smell good stuff. Right then she walked in the door.

I said - "Hey WS!"

She said - "Hi"

I said - "The dog pooped downstairs, do you have any poop cleaner here I can use?"

She said - "I don't know, check under the sink."

She then immediately took the dog and left, obviously not wanting to be near me one second more than she had to.

I was really nice, calm, cool, and composed - as short as the conversation was. And she did look at me, and I know I look good right now, so hopefully she noticed.

My cousin was in the other room, I asked him how the conversation sounded, he said I sounded perfect. (He is mostly aware of the MB plan).

Last edited by OddJob123; 05/09/13 06:15 PM.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
O
OP Offline
O
Hmm.. Now she is going to associate me with dog poop. She wanted to rush out the door, so I had to say something practical, lol...

WW, 26
Married September 2005
M
M
Do you know where she is staying and why she would leave the dog there?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
I have no idea where she is staying. I suspect she is probably staying at another guy friend's house from work. I REALLY hope she is not staying with OM's parents. If that were true, then OM's parents would have basically been lying to me, but I highly doubt that is the case. As far as why she is leaving the dog at our house during work house - I am guessing whoever she is staying with doesn't want the dog staying at his house unattended. So she let's him poop in my house instead......

WW, 26
Married September 2005
O
OP Offline
O
I also have a slight suspicion that she might be coming back to the house for lunch for quickies... I have no evidence of that, but I suspect it. I want to change the locks, but I know part of plan A is to make home a warm and inviting place...

WW, 26
Married September 2005
B
B
I also have a slight suspicion that she might be coming back to the house for lunch for quickies... I have no evidence of that, but I suspect it. I want to change the locks, but I know part of plan A is to make home a warm and inviting place...
Can you put a VAR or camera in your house?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

O
OP Offline
O
Yes, I suppose I could. Let's say she's sneaking him in there, then what? Do I tell her I'm filing a restraining order?

WW, 26
Married September 2005
O
OP Offline
O
Or would I just tell WS that I know she's sneaking him in there, and then say if I find out he's been there again, then I will file a restraining order?

WW, 26
Married September 2005
M
M

BUT the goal is not to facilitate the affair. I would change the locks and welcome her in the house when you are there. You don't even want that scumbag in your home ever again. Tell her that since she has had her creepy OM in your home that you have changed the locks. She is welcome to come for visits, but she is not ever to have the OM in your home.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Change the locks. It would be obvious that your cousin's girlfriend would feel uncomfortable with a predatory male having easy and regular access to her abode.

Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Change the locks.

Like yesterday.

If an OM would come into MY home?....well lets just say it would only happen 1 time.

M
M
Originally Posted by 20YearHistory
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Change the locks.

Like yesterday.

If an OM would come into MY home?....well lets just say it would only happen 1 time.

AMEN.. If my H brought an OW into my home the SWAT team would have to rescue her.

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
Should I still offer to let her keep her dog there during the day if she can catch us there in the morning? I honestly don't *want* her keeping her dog there during work, it really pisses me off. But I want to do whatever the MB plan says I should.

WW, 26
Married September 2005
M
M
Should I still offer to let her keep her dog there during the day if she can catch us there in the morning? I honestly don't *want* her keeping her dog there during work, it really pisses me off. But I want to do whatever the MB plan says I should.

Just change the locks and send her a message that she is still welcome in your home but only when you are there. Just leave it at that. If she wants to leave the dog there, let her ask about it. And I don't think I would agree to let her leave the dog there. Since she wants to be separated, she needs to figure that out on her own.

Exposure 101

O
OP Offline
O
Okay, so I'm thinking this will be the text I send to her.

WS, I am just letting you know that I have changed the locks on the old house. You are welcome to visit ANY time I am there, and of course you are welcome to move back in with me at any time. If you still have some stuff here that you need to get, just let me know, and I will try to make sure I am there or cousin is there to let you in so you can get in.

Seem okay?

WW, 26
Married September 2005
N
N
...I have changed the locks...

You are getting the hang of this, quickly! Note the difference in tenor/tone between this and the mousey, "I plan to change the locks..."

Yours is a declaration; the other, more like a request.

You are rapidly earning your "Brass Balls" certification, my friend!

M
M
"Dear Sally, just wanted to let you know that I have changed the locks on the house so you can make other arrangements. You are welcome in the house anytime I am home - would love to see you."

Exposure 101

Page 34 of 59 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation