Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 62 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 61 62
M
M
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Originally Posted by Anointed
You did see where I posted that I'm basically a WW?

I'm sick.

I didn't think exposure would set me back so hard.

It wasn't that exposure set you back - in fact, it's been an anchor aroud your neck this entire time - it's just that doing it so long after brought the past into the present.

In addition, that present includes a very low love bank balance related to a demonstrated lack of care by your husband.

So... the result is a wife in withdrawal/conflict on the precipice of a plan FU.

Step back from the edge and focus on your goal.

This was my own takeaway too. Your H has behaved so badly that you are running on empty. You could fall for a tree right now if it waved back.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
You did see where I posted that I'm basically a WW?

I'm sick.

I didn't think exposure would set me back so hard.

It wasn't that exposure set you back - in fact, it's been an anchor aroud your neck this entire time - it's just that doing it so long after brought the past into the present.

In addition, that present includes a very low love bank balance related to a demonstrated lack of care by your husband.

So... the result is a wife in withdrawal/conflict on the precipice of a plan FU.

Step back from the edge and focus on your goal.

This was my own takeaway too. Your H has behaved so badly that you are running on empty. You could fall for a tree right now if it waved back.

There was an analogy I heard a comedian use about a politician one time, as follows;

It's like a woman who just got divorced, and she was previously married to an alligator with AIDS. All the next guy has to do is not try to eat her, and not give her aids... and he's an improvement!

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
C
C
Your H has behaved so badly that you are running on empty. You could fall for a tree right now if it waved back.

[[[[ snort ]]]]

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
N
N
Anointed, you sound like you're emotionally drained and exhausted, running on empty, that's why I suggested emphasizing having fun with your kids. You need emotional connection. How about making plans to do something fun with the baby/the kids, meeting a woman friend, preferably with the kids like at the park so they can run off some steam, and plan a date night activity with your H? Then you'll stop distracting yourself with this "oh how could I have talked to this guy at the store" stuff.

This good-guy/bad-guy blame and shame stuff is more renter mentality. "If Anointed shows how she acts up, then Ship will feel less imbalance." Y'all aren't bad, you are doing the same things we all did that mess up these huge blessings we've been given. But hopefully that's okay because now you know and you can totally eliminate the SDs, DJs, AOs, AHs. Consciously bring peace into the home with a focus on RC and conversation about the things that are both of your favorite to talk about.

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks NED.

Having a hard time caring about much right now.

Feeling some anger, rebellion, self-absorbed.

Trying to focus on caring for the kids.

Ship said he listened to the radio show yesterday. I listened to yesterday's show just now.

Ship is trying to take care of me. I'm shut down.

Married 20 yrs
Me:FBW
Him: FWH
4 children
M
M
Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley
"Instead, he wants you to suffer in silence without support while he is free of consequences. His approach to your marriage has been very one-sided, and it has now caught up with him."

Anointed, I would also remind you that your husband is not the victim here. Dr Harley is right about that. I have no sympathy for your husband. All of my sympathy is reserved for his victim, YOU. He brought this all on himself.

That goes double for me. And probably for Prisca as well.

He can and should solve this problem immediately. Has he given you a written UA schedule yet?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
Ship is trying to take care of me.
How?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M

Does that mean he's scheduled out 15 hours for the two of you to spend together next week? If not, it won't work, and he's barking up the wrong tree.

I'm talking to you, Ship. Glad you are listening to the radio show. Schedule the hours.

Schedule the hours.

Schedule the hours.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by markos
Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley
"Instead, he wants you to suffer in silence without support while he is free of consequences. His approach to your marriage has been very one-sided, and it has now caught up with him."

Anointed, I would also remind you that your husband is not the victim here. Dr Harley is right about that. I have no sympathy for your husband. All of my sympathy is reserved for his victim, YOU. He brought this all on himself.

That goes double for me. And probably for Prisca as well.

He can and should solve this problem immediately. Has he given you a written UA schedule yet?

no

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by Prisca
How?

Telling me he is sorry for my pain, asking me what he can do for me.

Holding me. Giving me as much SF as I want bc my need is off the charts right now.

But the actions that will make long-term change? Not sure

Married 20 yrs
4 children
M
M
Originally Posted by Prisca
How?

Telling me he is sorry for my pain, asking me what he can do for me.

When he asks this, answer that he needs to give you a written UA schedule and then follow through on it.

Don't settle for crumbs.

M
M
Repost. Reread this and make sure he does these things:

Originally Posted by markos
I agree that we should spend time together as a family, but I do believe Ship has committed to 15 hrs/week UA time (real UA time)

Don't believe this until he produces a written schedule for those hours with you and starts carrying them out.

I believe he has committed to learning to eliminate all DJs and AOs.

Again, look for actual actions. Look for him shutting up and/or leaving the room when he realizes he's starting to feel frustrated or disrespectful. Look for him being open to you letting him know when he's been demanding, disrespectful, or angry. Write these incidents down and give him a report once a week and look for him to welcome the information so he can eliminate them.

A
OP Offline
A
I went to a new hairdresser today and I picked a male because they said he was the best.

He was good looking, married, and had 2 children.

I was open, and he knew it. Once my appt was done, I knew that I could see him later if I wanted to.

I came home, told Ship, cancelled my next appt and changed my contact info to Ship's cell #.

I played with fire. I knew what I was doing.

I didn't even feel sorry.

And I decided to climb out of my hole and do what is right. And now I have a glimpse into the wayward mind.

Very ugly.

Still cannot be trusted.

Last edited by Anointed; 06/28/13 07:45 PM.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
M
M
I was open, and he knew it.
Whether or not you were "open" was your choice. Evidently you CHOSE to be open.

How did you know he was married with two children? Were you actually chatting with this guy?? (EN = conversation)

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

K
K
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
I was open, and he knew it.
Whether or not you were "open" was your choice. Evidently you CHOSE to be open.

How did you know he was married with two children? Were you actually chatting with this guy?? (EN = conversation)

This.

You're as open and vulnerable as you choose to be. You seem to be pushing yourself to wanting to receptive to this thinking. As miserable as my marriage once was, I never pushed myself or put myself in situations like you seem to want to be in lately. I've always worked around a lot of women but relationship talk was never brought up and I for sure never thought "I could totally be with her". Possibly because the last thing I wanted was another woman when I was having problems with one already.

It's also possible that you are reading more into these men. I'd assume your hair dresser might be like when I was when bartending...if I was funny, complimenting, and lightly flirty I made better tips from women. I wasn't going to sleep with them though.

You seem to be grasping for attention.

Last edited by kilted_thrower; 06/28/13 08:30 PM.

Husband (me) 39
Wife 36
Daughter 21
Daughter 19
Son 14
Daughter 10
Son 8 (autistic)

M
M
I was open, and he knew it. Once my appt was done, I knew that I could see him later if I wanted to.

If you are not serious about all this, then why come here?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L

It seems that you are having troubles with boundaries now that you've exposed. Why?

Take a deep breath, get calm, and stop thinking about other men or how they look at you. Your focus needs to be on your marriage right now. 20 hours a week, with UA on RC, affection, conversation, and SF. Are you discussing plans on how to do this?
If not, a Plan B letter may be in order, but not this spiral down to an affair of your own. I don't want to offend you, but is this a move to kind of "scare Ship straight"?

Stay strong and on the MB path.

xFWW(me)-48
Married-14 years
D-Day~23-May-11
NC- 14-Apr-11
1 DS 15
Online course July '11 to July '12
17 sessions with S. Harley Feb '12 to Sep '12
Divorced Jan 21, 2013
M
M
Anointed, I am at a real loss as to why this sidetrack. Can we get back to the problems at hand, here?

M
M
I went to a new hairdresser today and I picked a male because they said he was the best.

He was good looking, married, and had 2 children.

I came home, told Ship, cancelled my next appt and changed my contact info to Ship's cell #.

I played with fire. I knew what I was doing.

I didn't even feel sorry.

And I decided to climb out of my hole and do what is right. And now I have a glimpse into the wayward mind.

Very ugly.

Still cannot be trusted.

This is very easy to solve with some simple therapy:

There, now that that's handled, could you please GO BACK and answer my questions? Has Ship given you a UA schedule, or not?

M
M
Originally Posted by LifetimeLearner
It seems that you are having troubles with boundaries now that you've exposed. Why?

I think she decided she needed to throw Ship a bone by making herself look bad. We explained to her that his complaint that she never made herself look bad was BS, so I hope she'll let us move on now.

Okay, marriage in crisis, quit making hairdresser appointments, and go get after Ship to give you that UA schedule.

Page 53 of 62 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 1,065 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation