Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 54 of 62 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 61 62
L
L
Originally Posted by markos
Originally Posted by LifetimeLearner
It seems that you are having troubles with boundaries now that you've exposed. Why?

I think she decided she needed to throw Ship a bone by making herself look bad. We explained to her that his complaint that she never made herself look bad was BS, so I hope she'll let us move on now.

Okay, marriage in crisis, quit making hairdresser appointments, and go get after Ship to give you that UA schedule.

That's a perspective I didn't consider. All I can say is that it seems unreal, like it's not even her making the posts. And if you're right, then that's more mind gaming than I can wrap my head around.

xFWW(me)-48
Married-14 years
D-Day~23-May-11
NC- 14-Apr-11
1 DS 15
Online course July '11 to July '12
17 sessions with S. Harley Feb '12 to Sep '12
Divorced Jan 21, 2013
M
M
Anointed, I would like to repeat my wife's earlier suggestion that you see your doctor about the possibility of short term antidepressants. You need your wits about you right now, and you need to focus.

Front burner: ABUSE. NEGLECT. UA SCHEDULE. RELAXATION TRAINING.

Back burner: Getting hair done.

Stay on the front burner stuff please.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
Anointed, I would like to repeat my wife's earlier suggestion that you see your doctor about the possibility of short term antidepressants.
I'll repeat it again, too. Note that it would only be short-term, just for a few months to help you stay calm and focus right now.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

P
P
And stop toying with the idea of an affair.
You're toying with it.
You know what EPs are. Use them. And STOP toying around.
FOCUS.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
I was open, and he knew it.
Whether or not you were "open" was your choice. Evidently you CHOSE to be open.

How did you know he was married with two children? Were you actually chatting with this guy?? (EN = conversation)

Yes.

I did choose to be open. You are correct.

Married 20 yrs
Me:FBW
Him: FWH
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
I was open, and he knew it.
Whether or not you were "open" was your choice. Evidently you CHOSE to be open.

How did you know he was married with two children? Were you actually chatting with this guy?? (EN = conversation)

This.

You're as open and vulnerable as you choose to be. You seem to be pushing yourself to wanting to receptive to this thinking. As miserable as my marriage once was, I never pushed myself or put myself in situations like you seem to want to be in lately. I've always worked around a lot of women but relationship talk was never brought up and I for sure never thought "I could totally be with her". Possibly because the last thing I wanted was another woman when I was having problems with one already.

It's also possible that you are reading more into these men. I'd assume your hair dresser might be like when I was when bartending...if I was funny, complimenting, and lightly flirty I made better tips from women. I wasn't going to sleep with them though.

You seem to be grasping for attention.

You are right. I don't think I'm reading into anything, but what difference does it make?

Stupid.

It was just stupid.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Anointed
I was open, and he knew it. Once my appt was done, I knew that I could see him later if I wanted to.

If you are not serious about all this, then why come here?

You are right. I've been very unsure for the last couple of days.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
It seems that you are having troubles with boundaries now that you've exposed. Why?

I think I just got super angry and was doing really damaging things.

Take a deep breath, get calm, and stop thinking about other men or how they look at you. Your focus needs to be on your marriage right now. 20 hours a week, with UA on RC, affection, conversation, and SF. Are you discussing plans on how to do this?
If not, a Plan B letter may be in order, but not this spiral down to an affair of your own. I don't want to offend you, but is this a move to kind of "scare Ship straight"?

Stay strong and on the MB path.

I got out of focus, but I'm getting steady. I'd like 20 hrs UA time focusing on all the right things. I'm frustrated because I have no control of whether Ship will truly participate.

I don't think I did it to get Ship's attention. Maybe a little? But truly I just was feeling very destructive and hateful...maybe spiteful?

I'm frustrated. I'm nervous. I'm angry.

I'm tired.

Last edited by Anointed; 06/29/13 12:05 AM.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
I went to a new hairdresser today and I picked a male because they said he was the best.

He was good looking, married, and had 2 children.

I was open, and he knew it. Once my appt was done, I knew that I could see him later if I wanted to.

I came home, told Ship, cancelled my next appt and changed my contact info to Ship's cell #.

I played with fire. I knew what I was doing.

I didn't even feel sorry.

And I decided to climb out of my hole and do what is right. And now I have a glimpse into the wayward mind.

Very ugly.

Still cannot be trusted.

This is very easy to solve with some simple therapy:

There, now that that's handled, could you please GO BACK and answer my questions? Has Ship given you a UA schedule, or not?

Ship and I watched the video together. Thanks for lightening my mood a little.

I thought I did answer you. Sorry. No plan for UA schedule yet.

We did go out tonight for about 2.5 hrs. He gave me his full attention, asked lots of questions, gave me lots of affection. It was really nice.

Last edited by Anointed; 06/29/13 12:16 AM.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
Anointed, I would like to repeat my wife's earlier suggestion that you see your doctor about the possibility of short term antidepressants. You need your wits about you right now, and you need to focus.

Front burner: ABUSE. NEGLECT. UA SCHEDULE. RELAXATION TRAINING.

Back burner: Getting hair done.

Stay on the front burner stuff please.

Ok. Front burner.

I'm considering what you said because I've been shocked at my own attitudes, thoughts, and behaviors.

I wanted to keep my feelings from you all. I hated to disappoint you, but I truly have been in a very, very dark place. And I just wanted to hurt myself in every possible way.

Pretty selfish really.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by Prisca
And stop toying with the idea of an affair.
You're toying with it.
You know what EPs are. Use them. And STOP toying around.
FOCUS.

I know. It's hard for me to respond to these posts because they are obvious no brainers.

Of course I don't need to go off and have a hypocritical affair of my own.

Just been doing/thinking some really stupid things.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
When I exposed I felt a sense of relief.

Then we talked about divorcing, then decided to try again.

Then I got super anxious and angry, and I was hurting badly on the inside.

I haven't been eating until tonight and I've been drinking too much before bed.

I don't know. Maybe I do need meds.

It surprised me at how quickly this dark cloud swooped in on me.

Sorry to disappoint you all.

I think I'm done with my hissy fit, so on with MB.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
M
M
No plan for UA schedule yet.

Doesn't look like he's really doing anything to me, then.

Don't settle for crumbs.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
A
OP Offline
A
Ok. No crumbs.

Real change. Action.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
Ship put together a UA plan.

M- Workout 1
Chat & share 1

T- workout 1
Date 2
SF .5

W- workout 1
Chat & share 1

Th- workout 1
SF .5

F- workout 1
Date 4

S- workout 1
SF .5

Su- walk/talk 1
Chat & share 1

Married 20 yrs
4 children
M
M
Do you enjoy the activities he has proposed? Will you be able to talk during them?

A
OP Offline
A
Yes I like to workout, but I told him only if there are smiles and laughter and high fives...butt grabbing. You get the picture.

In the past it has been a get 'er done type thing with little interaction.

As far as walking, talking, sharing. Yes if we follow the friends of conversation.

I can't answer about the dates because I don't know what he has in mind.

I wouldn't mind doing fun things like going to a trampoline park, hiking, aquarium, I would LOVE to start biking together but we don't have bikes.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
Im hoping SF can involve dancing in our room, massage, things like that. Mutually fulfilling things of course.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
I know I can be stubborn and have been a mess.

Thank you for your time, and thanks for sticking with me.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
M
M
Tell him right away that you are fine with the working out as long as there is a LOT of interaction like this. I would say you are willing to try it, but if it goes back to little interaction, he needs to come up with something else.

And, since I know Ship is reading, let me just add this, and I hope I don't make anyone blush: "butt-grabbing." Ship, it's a rare woman whose that overtly comfortable with being grabbed - use it, friend!

Page 54 of 62 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 543 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation