Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 58 of 62 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
L
L
Originally Posted by Anointed
When I say draining, I mean literally draining your life from you.

I told Ship last night that I was dying. I could feel it deep down inside. It's true what you say.

I kinda feel like I'd rather stay too long and die than leave too soon and make a huge mistake.

I'd rather take it on myself than hurt anybody.

There is no mistake in separating a little early - I've never heard Dr. Harley say anything about that, but I have heard him state that one can try too long - and the consolation prize of that is that when you leave, you leave with no love left in you. It's up to you: do you want to save what love you have left for Ship just in case he turns around, or do you want to make sure that when you separate, you're done?

I don't mean that question in a rhetorical sense at all.

xFWW(me)-48
Married-14 years
D-Day~23-May-11
NC- 14-Apr-11
1 DS 15
Online course July '11 to July '12
17 sessions with S. Harley Feb '12 to Sep '12
Divorced Jan 21, 2013
M
M
I just don't want Ship to feel like it's all on him.

But it IS all on him, Anointed. It is all up to him at this point. You have done your part.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by LifetimeLearner

I told Ship last night that I was dying. I could feel it deep down inside. It's true what you say.

I kinda feel like I'd rather stay too long and die than leave too soon and make a huge mistake.

There is no mistake in separating a little early - I've never heard Dr. Harley say anything about that, but I have heard him state that one can try too long - and the consolation prize of that is that when you leave, you leave with no love left in you. It's up to you: do you want to save what love you have left for Ship just in case he turns around, or do you want to make sure that when you separate, you're done?

It is pretty clear that there is ZERO risk of separating too early here.

A man can always win his wife back from a genuine Plan B, by the way.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M

Plan B does not hurt Ship. It protects you from being hurt.

M
M
It is clear that Ship is NEVER going to get off the fence unless he has to do so for the rest of his life to keep his wife. And it is clear that he will ALWAYS have to know that if he stops at any time, he will lose his wife.

What is not clear is whether even that will get him off the fence.

But YOU need to be protected. Ship's failure to build a marriage with you is killing you.

L
L
I have slipped back into some very bad habits. AOs and DJs.

Shouldn't we do this together?

Well, it's always a good idea to control your own lovebusters, whether in recovery or in separation or even in divorce. If you feel you need a refresher and you want to do that together with him, then by all means do so.

However, be careful that this isn't some more stringing along.

You could always go over lovebusters on your coffee dates during your separation wink

xFWW(me)-48
Married-14 years
D-Day~23-May-11
NC- 14-Apr-11
1 DS 15
Online course July '11 to July '12
17 sessions with S. Harley Feb '12 to Sep '12
Divorced Jan 21, 2013
P
P
By taking it on yourself, you are hurting your children. You are depriving them of a healthy, happy mother. And you are hurting them.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

B
B
Can you email Dr. Harley?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
You could always go over lovebusters on your coffee dates during your separation wink

Very good idea!

A
OP Offline
A

So if I stay, I risk him continuing to deny what I need in this marriage and then hating him for it. (and having severe physical problems)Or he may follow thru on the action plan and we recover.

If I go, I risk divorce since it increases the chances but it may be the catalyst we need.

Married 20 yrs
Me:FBW
Him: FWH
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by markos
I just don't want Ship to feel like it's all on him.

But it IS all on him, Anointed. It is all up to him at this point. You have done your part.

I'm not perfect. How have I really done my part? I have decreased LBs (until lately) but we've never had a fulfilling relationship from Ship's perspective either.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by markos

Plan B does not hurt Ship. It protects you from being hurt.

What if I don't care? What if I just. don't. care. if I'm hurt anymore.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
I have slipped back into some very bad habits. AOs and DJs.

Shouldn't we do this together?

Well, it's always a good idea to control your own lovebusters, whether in recovery or in separation or even in divorce. If you feel you need a refresher and you want to do that together with him, then by all means do so.

This is my fear

Married 20 yrs
4 children
N
N
We dated at the end of our separation, last summer, but I did Not know about OW during this time. I only found out when I was already back in the home, after I asked to come back,he agreed, and I told my husband this won't work if you keep contacting OW. Now we are trying to recover. It is not going as well as expected since original issues are reoccurring: arguing, denial of OW and extent of what actually transpired, refusal to get counseling, and working too much, not enough time together. What are we to do? Had I known he was dating during our separation pending a divorce that never happened and was mutually agreed to put on hold, I would have stayed out of the home until he proved he was ready to dedicate himself to the marriage. Saying so and doing nothing or not enough is not working. I do not want to move out again. What now?

P
P
Or he may follow thru on the action plan and we recover.
This is very doubtful. He has promised to follow through before, and hasn't. What's changed?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by Prisca
By taking it on yourself, you are hurting your children. You are depriving them of a healthy, happy mother. And you are hurting them.

I'm hurting them no matter what I do. I hurt them if I stay and become a wreck.

I hurt them if I leave.

There is hurt around every corner, and I see no way out.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Can you email Dr. Harley?

I already did. No response yet. I didn't tell him about the suicidal stuff because frankly, it's embarrassing.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
P
P
What if I don't care? What if I just. don't. care. if I'm hurt anymore.
Do you care about your children? If you don't care about yourself, do you care about them?

I'm hurting them no matter what I do. I hurt them if I stay and become a wreck.

I hurt them if I leave.
They will be more hurt if they lose you. Right now, they have lost you. You are checking out. You cannot be there for them when you are despairing like this.

You need to get out and get healthy FOR them.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by nellandjackson
We dated at the end of our separation, last summer, but I did Not know about OW during this time. I only found out when I was already back in the home, after I asked to come back,he agreed, and I told my husband this won't work if you keep contacting OW. Now we are trying to recover. It is not going as well as expected since original issues are reoccurring: arguing, denial of OW and extent of what actually transpired, refusal to get counseling, and working too much, not enough time together. What are we to do? Had I known he was dating during our separation pending a divorce that never happened and was mutually agreed to put on hold, I would have stayed out of the home until he proved he was ready to dedicate himself to the marriage. Saying so and doing nothing or not enough is not working. I do not want to move out again. What now?

You may want to make your own thread so others can come to help. Have you read Surviving An Affair?

Have you exposed to your family, his family, and the other woman's family? This is VITAL.

Married 20 yrs
4 children
P
P
Originally Posted by nellandjackson

Welcome to MB Nella. Sorry for your pain frown
I suggest you start your own thread, and posters will then be better able to help you in your situation.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Page 58 of 62 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 528 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation