Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 37 38
C
OP Offline
C
no I can't put spyware on her phone because she and I are now separated...un-legally. I am most likely going to see an attorney today after work...the day before my birthday...happy birthday to me.

He doesn't have a drug or criminal background

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

For jealousy arouses a husband's fury, and he will show no mercy
J
J
Concentrate on plan a.
What emotional needs can you meet today?

C
OP Offline
C
That makes sense. A day before my birthday and they came over with an ice cream cake, and some McDonalds lunch. We talked about a whole bunch of stuff.

I replaced the kitchen faucet, cleaned up the house and dress in a certain sweater and she gave me a compliment on it.

I am not sure how to meet her other emotional needs, because I can't hold her hand or anything, or she won't let me. I did compliment her on her outfit.

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

B
B
Is the phone in your name? If it is, have you called your provider?

What are her top ENs? What did you do when you were dating?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
J
Just remember, as you try to make small love bank deposits, AVOID love busters like disrespectful judgements and angry outbursts (which cause massive love bank withdrawls)

C
OP Offline
C
Her top emotional needs would be attention and admiration and affection would be at the top probably.

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

B
B
Originally Posted by ChristianSamuari
Her top emotional needs would be attention and admiration and affection would be at the top probably.
What did you do when you were dating to meet her ENs? Does she like when you write her notes/letters?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

C
OP Offline
C
I am starting to understand; It's like I am moving almost pass the affair and into recovery mode alone while she is in the fog. I do the things that make her draw to me and then she wakes up and she starts to work on herself and then back into the mode to recovery of the marriage. I believe that's what I am understanding.

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

M
M
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Dr Harley says that in Plan A, you should unconditionally love your wife (while strongly opposing the affair)

"Unconditionally love your wife" is not something Dr. Harley says, actually.

What's wrong with unconditional love? Part I

What's wrong with unconditional love? Part II

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

C
OP Offline
C
Thank you Mrs.W.

I am grateful for all the support but I think I might of messed things up. The affair is over as far as I know and today on my birthday we spent some time together. As I was taking her back to her parents house I said Can I have a kiss for my birthday. She seem to be shocked and asked that you would want a kiss from me, and I said it would make it a great birthday. Well... I got a kiss and then some. We end up having sex...

For some reason I think I messed things up by having sex with her. What is your opinion on this?

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

B
B
What does she say when you ask her to come home?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
J
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Dr Harley says that in Plan A, you should unconditionally love your wife (while strongly opposing the affair)

He absolutely did say this in a recent radio show.
He also explained that unconditional love cannot last in marriage and that is why he typically recommends a 6 month cap on unconditional love

Last edited by Jedi_Knight; 11/15/13 11:27 PM.
J
J
Thank you Mrs.W.

I am grateful for all the support but I think I might of messed things up. The affair is over as far as I know and today on my birthday we spent some time together. As I was taking her back to her parents house I said Can I have a kiss for my birthday. She seem to be shocked and asked that you would want a kiss from me, and I said it would make it a great birthday. Well... I got a kiss and then some. We end up having sex...

For some reason I think I messed things up by having sex with her. What is your opinion on this?

As a general rule, in Plan A this would be favorable because you were hopefully meeting her emotional need of sexual fulfillment. Emotional needs being met = love bank deposits.
On a more practical side, om may be sleeping with prostitutes and others and you just exchanged bodily fluids (including any STDs with him and all of them)

However you should not consider the affair ended until she has agreed to never see or speak to him again.

In my case, during my wifes first break up with OM, she hugged me and iy was comforting. I was an emotional wreck.
But she was secretly still in contact and ended up returning to OM so don't consider it over until she agrees to recovery

C
OP Offline
C
I have not asked her to come home. I figure that would be a negative deposit and be a Love Buster. I didn't think sexual fulfillment would be one of her needs and it does worry me about the STD's... and then my mind was like, am I better lover than him. I had a nightmare/bad dream and I was filled with anger during it.

In my dream the OM apparently had keys to my house. I was going to go over there and demand he give me the key to my house. Such a horrible feeling/experience.

Last edited by ChristianSamuari; 11/16/13 08:11 AM.

ME\30
WW\28
DD\3

M
M
Originally Posted by MrsWondering

He absolutely did say this in a recent radio show.
He also explained that unconditional love cannot last in marriage and that is why he typically recommends a 6 month cap on unconditional love

Ahhhh, okay. Thank you for the further explanation, Jedi -- less likely to be misinterpreted. Much appreciated! smile

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
Thank you Mrs.W.

Not a mistake to have SF with your wife, CS -- though I would take precautions to protect your health in this department. Do all that you can to confirm and insure that the affair is indeed over.

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

J
J
I have not asked her to come home. I figure that would be a negative deposit and be a Love Buster. I didn't think sexual fulfillment would be one of her needs and it does worry me about the STD's... and then my mind was like, am I better lover than him. I had a nightmare/bad dream and I was filled with anger during it.

In my dream the OM apparently had keys to my house. I was going to go over there and demand he give me the key to my house. Such a horrible feeling/experience.

I've had similar dreams.
You're doing a good job.
Arr you seeing her tomorrow?
What emotional needs can you meet tomorrow?

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
Found some more clips of a BH Plan A'ing from afar.
Radio Clip on a BH Plan A'ing his WW from afar
Segment #2
Segment #3

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 3 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 298 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation