Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
M
M
Originally Posted by eden13
I am going to modify the temporary restraining order, to request temporary custody, and possibly no contact (right now she is allowed to contact me. What do you recommend about allowing her parenting time? I was thinking supervised by her mother. Is this crazy?

That sounds perfect.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
I would fight for full custody.
Let yhe court or your wife arrange for supervised visitation.
I would stop relying on the in laws. With rare exception, most side with their blood

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
So my inlaws say they will not provide childcare for me as long as my wife and I are separated. I am trying to clarify if they won't also provide childcare for her under the same conditions. I did not get to the court today to modify the restraining order, so we still both have custody. I have to work tonight at 6. and can not really take off. I don't have any sick or personal time left to take, and need the income so I look to the state like I am doing what I can to support the kids. My parents out of state said that they would possibly be willing to house me and the kids but they won't be able to come down to watch kids before I am scheduled to work. I think I may have to hand kids over to wife before I go to work. I think that she may be shaken up enough not to take them to see OM but can't be positive. Also think she would keep them in the area since she has to work. She does have an uncle on her father's side down in florida who I did not expose to, but don't think she would actuall take kids there, I hope. Not sure if we could agree onn when she would geve kids back to me. Have note talked to her today. Does she have to hand them back to me if I ask? If she leaves them in someone else's care is that person required to give them up to me if wfe is not there? I still have not talked to lawyer, no one will lend money, I have no credit. I am going through process to get free legal aid, and will be able to speak to someone before my restraining order hearing next wednesday, but wont be til monday or tuesday.

M
M
I would find a babysitter NOW. GEt off the internet and start making calls. DON'T hand your kids over to your crazy, reckless wife.

You are going to have to be more proactive here and stop allowing life to "happen" to you. That is an alcoholic trait that I see going on here. You have children that must be protected.

I did not get to the court today to modify the restraining order, so we still both have custody.

This needs to be of utmost importance and is not something that can be put off.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I don't have any sick or personal time left to take, and need the income so I look to the state like I am doing what I can to support the kids. My parents out of state said that they would possibly be willing to house me and the kids but they won't be able to come down to watch kids before I am scheduled to work.

You NEED to take care of your kids. Will your parents come down and stay with you? Why not ask your parents to come down now and just call in late for work? One way or antoher, you need to start looking for solutions to your problems and then acting on them with more initiative and resolve.

Exposure 101

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I am on it. When is it ok to let my wife back with the kids. When she signs NC order to OM?

B
B
I am on it. When is it ok to let my wife back with the kids. When she signs NC order to OM?
Does your WW have an anger problem?

Also have you seen this?
DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M

FOR NOW, just go along with supervised visits [WITH YOU] until she can demonstrate trustworthy behavior.

And you need to follow through on the plans here. For example, get that custody order signed. Get the background check run. Don't put this off anymore. It is real imporatnt that you follow through and be very action oriented, ok? Your kids need you to step up now.

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Eden, can you go listen to the radio show from yesterday? It plays over until noon. Dr Harley describes a betrayed husband who moved with his children to another state to get them away from his wayward wife who was having an affair with a meth dealer. The children were being abused by the boyfriend. [a very common occurrence] The betrayed husband moved to another state and was able to win custody of the kids.

I am not saying this is the right solution for you, but you should do everything to protect your kids. You can also do a background check on the OM. Jedi did the same and found out the OM in his case was a convicted felon who had beaten his own daughter.

Do you have daughters?
I'm not sure which segment MelodyLane is talking about, but here they are.
Radio Clips from 11-11-13
Segment #2
Segment #3
Segment #4
Segment #5

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
OM background check came up clean. Checked the two states he's lived in. I ended up dropping the kids at neighbor of my inlaws and wife picked them up. I went to work tonight. I asked her when I could expect them back. She said Sunday night or monday morning, or never. She questioned whether I was able to properly watch my son during the day.

Child protective was here again today after speaking with WW and said WW was concerned that I relapsed with alcohol a few months ago. WW, me and kids will be subject to psychological evaluations, and I will go for substance abuse evaluation (which I'm not too concerned about).

I did check in to transferring my job to another loation in the same company that is close to my parents' house, but this is out of state, so am waiting to consult lawyer next week to see if that is even legal. They are willing to house us. I would be able to make a quick transfer, but my income is so low. My father in law lawyer says state come down hard on people who are not making enough to support kids. This has been an ongoing problem even with my wife's income and mine combined. I am doing what I can to get day hours and more pay,but not quick enough.

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
I would not trust the in laws.
There is an old proverb: Blood is thicker than water.

I suggest you email the school psychologist:

Dear Psychologist,

During the past few weeks my wife has been having an affair and leaving the home.
Last night she assaulted me and the police issued a restraining order.
I am concerned these recent events may be stressful for my child.
Please let me know if you notice any concerning behaviors or have any suggestions.
Thank you

Should I be this blunt with the guidance counselor? I have not yet told her the details but my wife has told her that �we have agreed to divorce�. This is a consistent lie she has been using. Now I�m positive that is what she was telling OM the whole time. WW says I am being slandered, that people are saying I am an alcoholic and drug addict. OM�s wife apparently says I am a terrible father. Don�t know that my wife actually heard it from her though. She is concerned for my reputation. I am not so concerned, but I probably should just not be answering her calls.

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
[quote=MelodyLane]

You are going to have to be more proactive here and stop allowing life to "happen" to you. That is an alcoholic trait that I see going on here. You have children that must be protected.

[quote]

This certainly is something I have been dealing with my entire life, though I am finally changing that and feel good about standing up to my wife for my kids' sake instead of living in fear of her. This is the second time she has assaulted me in this magnitude, though the frst time I did not report it. She is not very often that violent but she does have a tendency to anger.

N
N

Dear Psychologist,

During the past few weeks my wife has been having an affair and leaving the home.
Please let me know if you notice any concerning behaviors or have any suggestions.
Thank you

Should I be this blunt with the guidance counselor? I have not yet told her the details but my wife has told her that �we have agreed to divorce�. This is a consistent lie she has been using. Now I�m positive that is what she was telling OM the whole time. WW says I am being slandered, that people are saying I am an alcoholic and drug addict. OM�s wife apparently says I am a terrible father. Don�t know that my wife actually heard it from her though. She is concerned for my reputation. I am not so concerned, but I probably should just not be answering her calls.

Yes you should be this blunt. Why on earth wouldn't you?? You are fighting for your kids here you need to tell the councellor the truth.

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Married: 2000
DD1November 22 2008 - DD2 October 2014
PA Duration September 08 - November 08
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

Was misled into thinking we were in recovery for 6 years.

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

M
M

Yes, tell the full truth. And it is very typical that waywards will malign their spouses. That is why it is important for you to get the full truth out there. Your wife is not the least concerned about your reputation, that is ridiculous. She is saying this in order to scare you into silence.

Exposure 101

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thanks all. I think my defences have been down a bit since i have not been sleeping much. My parents offered me use of one of their vehicles and i am on my way to get it now. I will try to get some rest tonight.

J
J
OM background check came up clean. Checked the two states he's lived in. I ended up dropping the kids at neighbor of my inlaws and wife picked them up. I went to work tonight. I asked her when I could expect them back. She said Sunday night or monday morning, or never. She questioned whether I was able to properly watch my son during the day.

Child protective was here again today after speaking with WW and said WW was concerned that I relapsed with alcohol a few months ago. WW, me and kids will be subject to psychological evaluations, and I will go for substance abuse evaluation (which I'm not too concerned about).

I did check in to transferring my job to another loation in the same company that is close to my parents' house, but this is out of state, so am waiting to consult lawyer next week to see if that is even legal. They are willing to house us. I would be able to make a quick transfer, but my income is so low. My father in law lawyer says state come down hard on people who are not making enough to support kids. This has been an ongoing problem even with my wife's income and mine combined. I am doing what I can to get day hours and more pay,but not quick enough.

Your FIL is full of nonsense.
Half of the country is on food stamps and we have massive unemployment.
I haven't had the government knock on my door and take my kids away because I am low income

J
J

Dear Psychologist,

Thank you

Except for the assault, the email I suggested is the exact email I sent to my kids school during my ex wife's affair

J
J

That won't be worth the paper its written on

J
J
So my inlaws say they will not provide childcare for me as long as my wife and I are separated. I am trying to clarify if they won't also provide childcare for her under the same conditions. I did not get to the court today to modify the restraining order, so we still both have custody. I have to work tonight at 6. and can not really take off. I don't have any sick or personal time left to take, and need the income so I look to the state like I am doing what I can to support the kids. My parents out of state said that they would possibly be willing to house me and the kids but they won't be able to come down to watch kids before I am scheduled to work. I think I may have to hand kids over to wife before I go to work. I think that she may be shaken up enough not to take them to see OM but can't be positive. Also think she would keep them in the area since she has to work. She does have an uncle on her father's side down in florida who I did not expose to, but don't think she would actuall take kids there, I hope. Not sure if we could agree onn when she would geve kids back to me. Have note talked to her today. Does she have to hand them back to me if I ask? If she leaves them in someone else's care is that person required to give them up to me if wfe is not there? I still have not talked to lawyer, no one will lend money, I have no credit. I am going through process to get free legal aid, and will be able to speak to someone before my restraining order hearing next wednesday, but wont be til monday or tuesday.

As a general rule,
You are married so you both have custody.
If ahe leaves them with a third party you can appear and take your kids.
If anyone resists call the Police.
Do NOT let her take control of this. You NEED to take control immediately

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I seems like i am in an unplanned plan B here.

Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation