Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21
J
J
If you like you can email Dr Harley directly for advice
Typically he places child safety above marital recovery

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
The implied custody is that specified in restraining order. Final custody would have to be determined in a custody hearing, separate from restraining order hearing. It is still a bit confusing to me and am trying to clarify with lawyer.

J
J
Civil order of custody is what I have.
You want the police order. It carries a lot more weight

J
J
If you drop the restraining order, she will possibly get the kids and get an order against you.
So for the sake of your kids don't drop it

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
The legal counselor brought up that if my wife is represented by a lawyer tomorrow, they may propose what is called civil restraint. It can be similar in terms to a restraining order but is not enforced by police if it i broken. Instead if one party vilated civil restraint, the other party has to file a motion with the court and then monitary restitution is paid.

J
J
Originally Posted by eden13
The legal counselor brought up that if my wife is represented by a lawyer tomorrow, they may propose what is called civil restraint. It can be similar in terms to a restraining order but is not enforced by police if it i broken. Instead if one party vilated civil restraint, the other party has to file a motion with the court and then monitary restitution is paid.

Then you need to tell the judge: "I need protection because she is violent towards me"

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
How do I get to e-mail Dr. Harley directly?

J
J

Send your email to: mbradio@marriagebuilders.com.
Include your phone number so he can call you if needed.

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thanks Jedi_Knight

B
B
Email your questions to Joyce Harley at mbradio@marriagebuilders.com. When your email question is chosen to be answered on the radio show, you will be notified by email directing you to listen to the rebroadcast. If you would like to consider being a caller, include your telephone number. You will be called by us to explain the procedure to you. Every caller will receive a complementary book by Dr. Harley that addresses their question.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
In my state restraining orders are permanent, they are not reviewed or renewed as in some other states. Though my online research shows that they can be vacated by the court given certain criteria. It is likely that much time would have to pass and would admit to not fearing her anymore. I am considering adjournment to give more time t plan and think. I could not take them out of state though during adjournment.

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
The other consideration have to make is if I don't finalize RO and pursue custody, I may not get custody if WW comes up with enough on me to keep that from happening. I have heard that courts generally side with mother in custody cases.

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
What are your thoughts on whether or not taking kids to my parents would be best for kids.Financially it is right now because they would help with childcare. But I am concerned about lovebusting in their home.

J
J
I don't think the court will allow you to leave the state, possibly not the county.

I suggest you contact the local welfare agencies for assistance

J
J
Do you attend a church?

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I do not regularly attend church, though my kids go to religious education. My wife had been teaching my son's religious ed class. I don't know if she is able to still teach with her pending charges. She did not teach last Sunday, according to my son.

J
J
What are your thoughts on whether or not taking kids to my parents would be best for kids.Financially it is right now because they would help with childcare. But I am concerned about lovebusting in their home.

Just a quick clarification:

In Marriage Builders terminology, "lovebusting" and "lovebusters" refer to behaviors which can diminish feelings of romantic love between spouses. Since the terms refer to behaviors within the context of a romantic relationship, they don't apply to parent/child relationships.

J
J
I do not regularly attend church, though my kids go to religious education. My wife had been teaching my son's religious ed class. I don't know if she is able to still teach with her pending charges. She did not teach last Sunday, according to my son.

Have you exposed her affair to the church and religous ed parents?
If not do so immediately.

I encourage you to reach out to a church, one that has family programs.
They can help you, as they have I, with raising kids

M
M
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
If you like you can email Dr Harley directly for advice
Typically he places child safety above marital recovery

This is correct. Protect your children first. You don't have to email Dr Harley to find that out, he is very clear on that.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
Originally Posted by JessicaClaire

Just a quick clarification:

In Marriage Builders terminology, "lovebusting" and "lovebusters" refer to behaviors which can diminish feelings of romantic love between spouses. Since the terms refer to behaviors within the context of a romantic relationship, they don't apply to parent/child relationships.

Actually the terms apply to the behavior.
In the article below, Harley describes the child's behavior as "Love Busting"
The term is not exclusive to married couples.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5031b_qa.html

Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation