Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21
E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I have been a lot better about not giving in to her selfish demands. She has filed requesting sole custody yet she texts me to bring her toilet paper because she can't get out of the house with my sick son. I have really come a long way, with your help and the help of my friends, in seeing her demands as BS.

In regard to me requesting sole custody, my attorney says that it is not likely, and that it would probably just end up costing more money to end up with the same result (most likely joint custody).

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I am just wondering how to communicate with her about the kids while going through this process. Certainly phone calls and in person are not working. I guess it may have to be through the lawyers, though the more communication that goes through them, the more it costs.

E
E
Find a friend who can be an IM for you.

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I am wondering how to deal with my wife's birthday which is this coming Sunday. I totally forgot about it until now, with all the BS going on. I am not planning on doing anything for her but I am wondering if I should have the kids do something, a card, or gift?

Wife's attorney has not responded to my attorney's proposal for interim parenting time. My wife assumes that I should have them only every other weekend, and I of course feel differently. My attorney has advised me to "keep the peace" in the interim. I pick the kids up every day from school and a couple nights this week my wife has had outbursts when she has come banging on my door demanding the kids go with her. I have let her take them, to avoid her outbursts in front of the children. Last night I let her take them with no fight. I contacted our child protective case worker and of course she asked me what would be best for the children. I agreed that the less of my wife's outbursts the kids see the better. so that is why I let her take them last night.

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen
Find a friend who can be an IM for you.

I don't really have any friends I would feel comfortable acting as an IM. What about a family member like my sister in law? That would probably make my wife's head explode. Jedi Knight did offer to act as an IM a while back but I did not take him up on the offer.

J
J
Originally Posted by eden13
I contacted our child protective case worker and of course she asked me what would be best for the children.

Wasn't Child Protective Services supposed to make a formal recommendation after completing the children's psychological evaluations? And wasn't that supposed to have occurred already?

Given the legal issues regarding your case, it seems strange that your Child Protective caseworker would make a decision based solely on what one parent believes what would be best for the children.

E
eden13 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Cps worker did not make the decision. I did to avoid a scene in front of children. My wife rescheduled her evaluation for february, so we are still waiting for psych recommendations until after that.

J
J
Originally Posted by eden13
I am wondering how to deal with my wife's birthday which is this coming Sunday. I totally forgot about it until now, with all the BS going on. I am not planning on doing anything for her but I am wondering if I should have the kids do something, a card, or gift?

Wife's attorney has not responded to my attorney's proposal for interim parenting time. My wife assumes that I should have them only every other weekend, and I of course feel differently. My attorney has advised me to "keep the peace" in the interim. I pick the kids up every day from school and a couple nights this week my wife has had outbursts when she has come banging on my door demanding the kids go with her. I have let her take them, to avoid her outbursts in front of the children. Last night I let her take them with no fight. I contacted our child protective case worker and of course she asked me what would be best for the children. I agreed that the less of my wife's outbursts the kids see the better. so that is why I let her take them last night.

Sir, WTF are you doing?
"I dont want my kids to see my crazy wife's outbursts so I let her take them????"

Good grief!
If she can't control her anger DONT GIVE HER YOUR KIDS!

You are quickly loosing what little advantage you have in this arena.....and its all YOUR fault!

J
J
Heres what you should have told CPS:
"My wife continues to have uncontrollable angry outbursts in front of our children and I am concerned for their safety. I will not release them to her care and custody because I dont feel she is fit to supervise them and I will call the police when she can't control her anger.
How can your agency help protect my children?"

Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 594 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation