Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
catwhit #2781298 02/05/14 03:04 PM
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by catwhit
Originally Posted by Alada
I'm so afraid to be madly in love with hubby and have him so unattached to me. I feel we are reaching that treshold for me, but not for him. I feel so vulnerable and afraid to be hurt again.

What are your husband's top EN's?

1. Af
2. Ad
3. SF
4. AS
5. HO

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
HoldHerHand #2781300 02/05/14 03:05 PM
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
15 hours is to MAINTAIN romantic love once it has been restored.

You need 25+ hours each week to restore it!

That is where your focus should be.

That is so true HH, but as I said he is obssesed with work now. If I ask him to come home early he will, but not enthusiastically and eventually he will call it out as a SD. I think we are doing better this week, we have 8 hrs so far. With little kids is hard to schedule 20 hrs or more.

Another caveat is that my older daughther is behaving really strange lately. I asked her and she said she misses his dad. Hubby was a SAHD for almost 3 mos. So DD7 needs also time with his dad.

We ususally have field trips from my work during the weekends, but we are free this and next weekend, I hope I can put more hours into our UA time.

Alada,

This program does not work when UA is not taken seriously.

Dr. Harley has refused to work with people who will not fulfill the UA requirement.

25+ hours a week to create/restore romantic love, and 15 hours a week to maintain it.

Even people who have had recovered marriages for years can tell you that they can feel when UA is off for just 1 week.

It is critical to your marriage, and more important to your recovery than anything else that has been posted in the past several pages.

If you do not get in your UA time, your marriage will not recover.

If your husband won't commit to UA time, he is not committed to recovery.

UA time is not a selfish demand.

I hear you on this one. We have scheduled a one hour UA today, I will work with hubby on the schedule for the rest of the week.

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
Alada #2781644 02/07/14 03:03 PM
I
I
Today I caught FWH in a lie, I think he is a compulsive liar.

When I got home from work, he told me he had looked up on the web tips on how to stop being and avoider. He elaborated on what he found. He also looked for birth control methods.

Later today he left to get the car and I opened the computer on the history tab. No signs of he searching for any of the above. When he got home, I asked him about it, andhe stated again he did searh, maybe it got deleted from the history. It took me about 10 mins of me asking to get the truthh out of him. He finally admited he did not do the search and he made up the story. His argument is that he wanted me to admire his action. He said he did tought of doing the search but got caught up on a sports web page and forgot about it.

The big issue for me, is that he is still lying, I have no confidence now on his confession. I wrote his confession and got him to check it. He did. I later asked him to write his own confession and he said he did not remember any more and did not want to write a lie...

It's been six weeks since Dday, and I need to get all the truth. I have no access to a polygraph, my only way to make sure he is saying the truth is contacting OW, but I can't trust her either. There is some stuff I know for sure I have the truth, and I was thinking of asking OW her own version of it,to see if it matches and then from there...what am I saying, I feel we are back to square one. Don't know what to do.

Alada do you have spyware on the computer? You've caught him an lie about internet usage and the history was deleted. I would certainly install spyware. His explanation is fairly credible but I just think it's a good idea and would give you an added way to see him earn trust.

As for meeting his PA need, did he get specific about how he wanted you to look younger? Different styles of clothes for example or does he mean something else? You can't act on a vague instruction...

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

indiegirl #2781752 02/08/14 03:43 PM
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Alada do you have spyware on the computer? You've caught him an lie about internet usage and the history was deleted. I would certainly install spyware. His explanation is fairly credible but I just think it's a good idea and would give you an added way to see him earn trust.

As for meeting his PA need, did he get specific about how he wanted you to look younger? Different styles of clothes for example or does he mean something else? You can't act on a vague instruction...

Indiegirl, he is no longer using the comp without me next to him. But maybe I would do good to get one. He is never alone at home. Either my mom is here, or me.

PA, yes he said hair and clothes. I just need to stop overthinking it. Sometimes in the mornings I get really anxious about him really getting PA from me. As I said he is very unexpressive, so unless I�m wearing something super duper he won�t compliment me.

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
Alada #2781756 02/08/14 04:44 PM
C
C
PA, yes he said hair and clothes. I just need to stop overthinking it. Sometimes in the mornings I get really anxious about him really getting PA from me. As I said he is very unexpressive, so unless I�m wearing something super duper he won�t compliment me.

Here is a good opportunity to use the phrase, "I'd love it if..." For example:

"I'd love it if ... you would let me know when you think I look good."
"I'd love it if ... you would tell me when you think my hairstyle suits me."
"I'd love it if ... you would indicate which of my outfits you prefer."

Make sure you PRAISE HIM when he does this.

It is unlikely that he will magically change into Mr. Expressive. But he CAN let you know when he likes what you are wearing! And this will give you a clue.

What do you think?

Me: BW, 57 fWH: 63 (Taffy1) Serial cheater
Presently on the Recovery Road, in the Online program.
catwhit #2781946 02/10/14 10:11 AM
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
We had a great time this past weekend. Our kiddos got sick, so we had no UA time on sunday, but the rest of the week summed up to a total of 21 hours.

I can feel the difference already.

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
Alada #2782079 02/10/14 10:43 PM
B
B
I can feel the difference already.
Wonderful news! You two keep on with it!

How about a UA schedule for this week? Sorry to read that the kiddos were sick yesterday, but did you get a chance to plan out your UA time for this week?

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by BlindSighted2013
How about a UA schedule for this week? Sorry to read that the kiddos were sick yesterday, but did you get a chance to plan out your UA time for this week?

We usually follow the same schedule for UA time every week, is so much easier. We don't forget and we don't have to plan it either. If we need to, we revise it.

The kidos have activities thru the week, so we just make it a must for both of us to go drop them off, and enjoy some UA time while they are busy. We do have big plans for Vday. We have never ever celebrated it before, not even when dating. It sure will be fun

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
Alada #2782507 02/12/14 11:47 AM
B
B
We usually follow the same schedule for UA time every week, is so much easier. We don't forget and we don't have to plan it either. If we need to, we revise it.
I like this idea. I can see how that could work well, especially since you have three little ones.

Enjoy your special Valentine's Day date! smile

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I'm sending new job applications today. I need to include a teaching statement, and I was wondering if I should include something about the A.

In my phone call to Dr. H. he suggested I did include information about it, but I don't know how to do it, here is what I have so far, can you give me some input

I have had many experiences, both positive and negative with undergraduate students, which have helped me realize my real role in teaching undergraduates. One student was involved in an affair with my husband, this incident thought me a tough lesson not only about my personal life, but about my role as a professor. I have since conducted myself in a more xxx

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
Alada #2783637 02/17/14 04:50 PM
K
K
Sorry, going to edit and reply later.

Last edited by kerala; 02/17/14 04:51 PM.
kerala #2783641 02/17/14 05:01 PM
K
K
Ok, my recollection of your call is that Dr. H suggested that you mention the affair to speed the process along, and also to explain your desire to relocate as soon as possible. I did not understand him to suggest that you mention it in your general "sell", ie., what makes you particularly competitive. I also recall that Joyce sounded dubious. smile

I am a tenured professor and have been involved in lots of hiring. At the culling stage (reviewing paper applications) you want to avoid seeming like an outlier (other than of the "super genius" kind).

I was trying to think of a way to mention it obliquely as a plus (say, "overcoming difficult situations") but it's hard to refer to it without copping to the fact that you had a challenging or bad experience in your current position. Again, that can count against your application.

If you WANT to talk about it, I would wait until the interview stage when you are almost certain to get the "how do you deal with adversity/challenges" question.

But, on a purely professional level, I don't think you need to talk to about it at all.

kerala #2783660 02/17/14 08:46 PM
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks Kerala, both for your recollection from the radio show and for the hiring process.

I do remember Joyce being a bit dubious as well. Maybe as you said I should wait until the intervew process .

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
Alada #2783739 02/17/14 11:23 PM
B
B
Was this the only time you've written the Harleys?
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Here's your question.

Radio Clip of Alada's Question

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

BrainHurts #2785213 02/24/14 01:51 PM
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I emailed Dr. H about it, this is what I got

Hi Cuau,

All I was suggesting is that if they ask for a reason that you left your last job, simply explain that one of your students had an affair with your husband, who was also a student, You were required to continue teaching that student if you stayed at that University. It was something you could not do, so you had to find a teaching job somewhere else. In the meantime, both you and your husband have established boundaries to prevent that from ever happening again.

Thanks all for your suggestions

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
Alada #2786363 02/28/14 02:37 PM
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
This week I have been feeling a disconnection with DH.

We are getting our UA time and we are working on the H&O chapter, a lot has been going on, but I thought we were doing fine.

Our last SF sessions were a bit awkward, and last night DH had technical problems. He was worried it was something physical but I was sensing it was more of a psychological problem. I asked him if something was bothering, he came up with a lot of excuses, which really didn't add up to something this big.

He finally admited he wants to talk to his mom. I totally get it, he is worried about her. But if you remember her sister is in an adulterous relationship and we are NC with her right now. Since she lives with her mother, it means DH doesn't talk to his mom either. DH's mom does not have a cell phone or any other way to get a hold of her, unless we go to her house.

To tell the truth it hurt me to hear this. First, he has been thinking about this for almost two weeks, I can see now why he has been distant with me. He resents me for not seeing his mom.

Now according to the program, I should be glad he told me the truth. And don't get me wrong, I'm glad, actually very happy he had the nerve to tell me what was going on. In fact, after he told me, I said "I know it is hard for you not to talk to your mom, and I'm very thankful that you are taking care of me and my feelings"

BUT!! he has been thinking about this for about two weeks, all the while me asking him how he is doing, and he has never ever mentioned anything. He has not been honest. It's a big trigger for me. He still has the ability to look me into the eye and lie to me.

How do we approach this? Do we need to POJA something about his mom? Do I tell him how much his dishonesty hurts me? Do we just let it go?

His mom does know about DH's A, but she does not know all the details. She does not know why we are not going to her house. Or at least DH choose not to tell her, maybe his sister filled her mom in, but I highly doubt it. DH's mom is enabling the sister's A.

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
Alada #2786365 02/28/14 02:39 PM
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Oh I forgot to add one more detail.

Dh has forgotten his cell phone -with gps tracker that is- everytime he goes to drop the girls to school. His mom leaves a few blocks away from the school

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
Alada #2787443 03/06/14 03:58 PM
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I'm back again with a question, I really hope some of you can help me. Sometimes I feel so lost on the recovery road.

This issue is along with the last one I posted. DH's mom.

When I did exposure, I sent notes to his sister,s but not to her mom. I never talked to her mom. When hubby came back home, he said he told her about his A. SO I just let it go.

Hubby told me a few days ago, that he did told his mom, but he softened the story. I don't know exactly what he told his mom. Last night his mom called, WSIL's boy is having a bday party soon. They are bringing the invitation soon.

I feel conflicted, some part of me, does not want to deal with his family for now. But I also want him to tell the truth to his mom.

I don't know if I even want to talk about what dh did told his mom. It is going to be a trigger, I'm sure. But I also need to encourage him to be honest.

what do you think?

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
Alada #2787445 03/06/14 04:08 PM
M
M
I think you need to tell her, rather than relying on him. Tell her and get it done and over.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2787471 03/06/14 06:18 PM
A
Alada Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks Markos, I do think that will give me some closure.

How do I go about that? Can�t show up at her placer, WSIL is there ALL the time.

Calling her is not an option either. The only means to talk to her is to call WSIL�s cell phone.

FBW 36 (me)
DH 35
DD6,DD4,DS1
On Recovery
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 518 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation