Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30
B
OP Offline
B
That's my plan. Good bit of advice from a friend 'let her get on with it'!

B
OP Offline
B
Sundays, usually a low day for me. Even before the A. Usually stuck at work and W off, waste of possible time together. Anyway woke this morning with that usual pit in the stomach feeling like somethings missing. But knew I would finish early today so can get a run in (kind of addicted now, missed the last 2 days due to work, like the routine).

Get to seafront and sorting my headphones ready to start. A lady comes jogging past on her way back from her run, sees me ready to start smiles and says 'you'll enjoy it tonight, its lovely out there'. I smile back, say I hope so and thank you.

And it was lovely out there. I didnt think about her (WS) I didnt even think about me. I just ran. I went Forrest Gump (well almost). I ended up doing 12 miles while still keeping my average pace of 10 a minute. At the start of this month I signed up for a 10 mile race in October to give me a focus. I still have this focus. Now I know its achievable I can work on doing it better.
Also I will be raising money for the British heart foundation.
Please someone see the irony in that!

J
J
You should run some half marathons

B
OP Offline
B
33 days since my exit. So where am I? Well 7 miles in 1hour 2mins today! Target that under an hour then improve. Physically I feel great and actually keeping a steady healthy weight. Mentally....
Still cant work it out. Think thats normal as when do we ever have it all worked out. Strange place I am in. Kind of enjoy the isolation but crave attention. Got an App that posts my run stats, been getting good comments and encouragement. Albeit one or two who know my situation and are helping me maintain focus. It is after all good for the heart!
Still feeling part of me is missing. Still think of W first and last thing. Mostly fond thoughts, mostly down to my departure time. I dont hate her neither do I wish to. Its just sad she has chosen the path she has.
Silence reigns in NC its almost as if shes doing the same. Even her attention grab FB post of our separation died quick with the fairweather friends soon blowing away. I know I should not dwell but its good to voice my thoughts. Friends have been good in their silence either to help not remind me or to avoid me whining!! She is still avoiding some good friends (ones I would call friends of marriage), yet still keeps in with her 'fog folk'. Just got tho let her get on with it, even if it seems she is burying her head. Ive done nothing wrong and I still cant change her feelings or her choices to make. Like mine to step away and fight to stay positive. Its hard but I wont let this break me.
So where am I really? Same place as 33 days ago just with less of the drama and a slightly stronger foundation.

J
J
Sir, I've been in Plan B (and divorced) for 2 years....and it still feels strange to me too!

B
OP Offline
B
Sorry got to say it. Guess its a Marathon not a Sprint!

B
OP Offline
B
Wobble time! Just passe wife (in Car) she was stood outside restaurant having a smoke. Brief eye contact made. I swung round to take a second look she was gone. Ducked inside. Stirred me up had to resist going back again. Feeling urge to contact but I wont! It will get her thinking of me? Better put a film on and try and switch off

B
OP Offline
B
Ignore wobble! Shower and a smoke clears the mind. I'd be worried if I didn't feel anything. Better that I drove away. What was I going to do drive up and down trying to catch a glimpse or park up and stake her out! 4 weeks ago maybe!!! There's going to come closer encounters than this possibly and the polite smile and carry on I can do. The fact she disappeared so quickly says she's still hiding from the truth, she won't forget about me! Anyway back to that film. Alien maybe?!?

B
B
Did you know she was going to be at that restaurant?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B
No idea she would be there pure fluke. Even the gossips have been quiet and I've stopped asking. Wish I'd smiled and waved rather than staring like an idiot!

B
OP Offline
B
I have a week off work next week. Debating whether to get a last minute deal and spend a few days abroad. Good idea or will I just be stewing elsewhere?

J
J
Originally Posted by Bluebeck
I have a week off work next week. Debating whether to get a last minute deal and spend a few days abroad. Good idea or will I just be stewing elsewhere?

I think you should have a vacation. it's a good idea.
But stay out of trouble

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
But stay out of trouble
I hear you!!
Done, booked paid. 10 years ago a my best friend died. At the time I didnt know what to do or where I was going. I did this then. Flew off abroad for a few days on my own to grieve, to find myself, to get some space. I'm not sure what but it helped a little.
The situation is similar here. Again I have lost my best friend but this trip is more about restoring my pride and my confidence. Also a swollen ankle has stopped me running so why not rest it somewhere I can rest my mind too.
I was apprehensive at first about this idea as it seemed like running away and not facing what life would be like divorced or on my own but I realise we can all draw strength from every positive action we take.
My trouble is resisting the urge to constantly post updatesto FB all the time Im away!!

J
J
Do you have access to a pool?
Try to run in the pool if you can.

B
OP Offline
B
I keep breaking the rules! Cos it feels right?!? I'm on holiday now but just had a message from W. 'why did you send me that'? What I sent was 'glad you found your yellow dress you look fabulously beautiful'.
A year or so ago we were shopping for outfits for a big event. She got her heart set on a yellow dress but we couldn't find anything right. Couple of days ago I got shown pictures of W in a new yellow dress for a friends party. Couldn't help myself had to tell her she looked good. She had now changed this to her profile pic.
My final response was to tell her she has and always will be my friend and I'm trying to limit contact as I don't agree with her choices.

J
J
Why would you promise to be friends with her when she commits adultery in front of you?

Do you like friends that take advantage of you, stab you in the back?

B
OP Offline
B
She knows she's doing wrong just wont admit it to herself yet. Call me soft call me weak but out of the A she is actually a good person.

B
OP Offline
B
I want my wife back! She doesn't love me she had moved on with new man. Even started to introduce him to some family! Should I still fight?

J
J
Originally Posted by Bluebeck
I want my wife back! She doesn't love me she had moved on with new man. Even started to introduce him to some family! Should I still fight?

You should remain in Plan B.
She is a freeloader and you have laid forward a path to recovery. Her affair will likely die within 6 months of exposure

B
OP Offline
B
Yes plan b. it's dark, dark for me. But I need it. If only to sort my own head out

Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 761 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation