Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 30 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 29 30
Darkguy #2802637 05/20/14 07:38 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Yes not thinking. Reacting not taking time to think things through! Lucky no work tomorrow/today can't sleep. However one thought may help me. With my right on property claimed she can't transfer deed or refinance. Neither can she refinance without a job. Although could be pressured into being the bad person forcing sale of house if she pursues divorce. I can't be pressured into that. It is possible I can be awarded my 'claim' at a later date.
I should worry about this as and when.
For now reiterate plan B through IM?

J
J
Originally Posted by Bluebeck
I left most of my old stuff there and only took a prayer book that has been in the family since 1858. Now I've not been one for praying much but feel I should make one on making the right choices now.

I encourage you to pray and attend a church this weekend.

EDIT: There is a Prayer Request thread near the bottom with daily Devotionals posted also

Last edited by Jedi_Knight; 05/20/14 09:14 PM.
J
J
Originally Posted by rocksolid
How does she keep getting through to you? What do you need to do to stop this contact?
She keeps getting through because I keep letting her. Only through FB and this I can rectify with one click. With regards to lost job and financials she said she can manage. So I should let her. Bill in my name I can sort. I forgot plan B is more about protecting me mentally. She said I hope we can be friends again one day!
Can I successfully restart plan B?

Just delete your Facebook account. You can survive without Facebook. mankind survived for 15,000 years without it so you can manage for a few months.

You really need to enter Plan B.

B
OP Offline
B
Went round yesterday to tie up loose ends! First thing asked is can I fix toilet? Needs replacing I told her. Oh great she says and I have no money. Left that one, not my problem. Gathered my last few bits. Shared purchases/house stuff she asked about what I wanted. I told her I would leave them for her to decide. She commented that I only took a few items and I mentioned Im not really that materialistic. She knows its not about the money for me. Things still pleasant, she did still say we are not getting back together and I need to let her know about house claim. With no job I reminded that time is on our side. We did have lunch and pleasant conversation about family and friends and I showed concern about her while avoiding talk of OM and our relationship etc. She knows I still care. Left with a hug and peck on cheek.
Later messaged her to say I had sorted last bill and gave her last payment dates.
Message back this morning asking who is going to pay this, is it coming out of her bank account. I replied yes. Then I deactivated Facebook. Other than physically coming to find me I believe that should be the last communication gap closed!
Yes it all feels counterintuitive. I still care for her and feel guilty for abandoning her while she has no job. But I also know she would of been able to play me silly. I would of caved eventually and bailed her out. Not my problem.
It was a mistake rushing round although I didnt fall at her feet!
I know from this I am stronger than I was but not strong enough yet.
I nearly sent another, adapted plan B letter but thought better of it. she knows what is required.
So anyone want to run a book on how long I last this time?

J
J
You need to be in plan A or Plan B.
You are not in either

B
OP Offline
B
She was fishing for my new phone number yesterday which I didn't give and I also told her I was coming off of Facebook. Other than physically tracking me down the only contact she can have is through IM.
So effectively I am starting plan B again.
Another letter I thought would be overkill as she already knows the idea by testing and by me breaking my resolve

J
J
She was fishing for my new phone number yesterday which I didn't give and I also told her I was coming off of Facebook. Other than physically tracking me down the only contact she can have is through IM.
So effectively I am starting plan B again.
Another letter I thought would be overkill as she already knows the idea by testing and by me breaking my resolve

Sir, you have never been in Plan B! You keep contacting her and I dont understand why you went to the apartment to see her.

She is used to walking all over you and apparently you invite that treatment

B
OP Offline
B
I certainly am a glutton for punishment. I hope now I have cut off all routes of contact. I can only try again. What more can I do?

J
J
I certainly am a glutton for punishment. I hope now I have cut off all routes of contact. I can only try again. What more can I do?

Have you watched Star Wars: Return of the Jedi?
In it, the great Jedi Master Yoda says: "Try? There is no try. Do or do not do. There is no try."

B
OP Offline
B
Wise words.
I also like the one about fear. I've been spending too much time worrying about what other people think and second guessing what she is doing in fear of what is next. I've not been looking at what I've been doing.

H
H
How is you staying away from alcohol doing?

me, DH
all the children
B
OP Offline
B
Booze has been the easiest of my addictions to give up. At the start of all this it was the first thing to change. With my emotions all over the place I know drinking will do more damage.
This went hand in hand with wanting to get in shape. To show that I can change. At first I admit in an attempt to win back my WS but more so now for myself. It's a focus. I'm even checking my diet as the weight was flying off and not just through exercise. I get strangely anxious if I have not been for a run in a while!!!
Guess I've swapped one addiction for another!
Exercise does help with the depression. Along with a little home weight training I feel in good shape working towards great! Still a bit of work to do elsewhere.

B
OP Offline
B
Booze has been the easiest of my addictions to give up. At the start of all this it was the first thing to change. With my emotions all over the place I know drinking will do more damage.
This went hand in hand with wanting to get in shape. To show that I can change. At first I admit in an attempt to win back my WS but more so now for myself. It's a focus. I'm even checking my diet as the weight was flying off and not just through exercise. I get strangely anxious if I have not been for a run in a while!!!
Guess I've swapped one addiction for another!
Exercise does help with the depression. Along with a little home weight training I feel in good shape working towards great! Still a bit of work to do elsewhere.

B
B
Are you in AA? Do you have a sponsor?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B
No not in AA. Never seen it as a problem. Always been able to refuse a drink when I want to. I don't want to drink. I find it hard sometimes to focus as it is right now without the fug of booze.

R
R
Are you in Plan B now? You can do this!

Me: FWW/BW - 38 yrs
XH: FBH/WH - 41 yrs
Plan B
DS: 9yrs old (with H)
DD: 20yrs old
Divorced Dec 2014
WXH still living with POSOW

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
B
OP Offline
B
Yes plan B. Doing it

R
R
Great news bluebeck. You are doing the right thing. Are you still running?

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
B
OP Offline
B
Stopped for a sit down and a cup of tea!
Yes still running at least 3 times a week. Keep getting plagued by niggling little injuries so have to take it easy while they heal but then will power on!

R
R
Sounds like you are in a calmer state now. It will get easier.

Plan B
Divorced Dec 2014

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
Page 25 of 30 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation