Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 30 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
B
OP Offline
B
I have started to actually accept the situation I am in.
I have tied up all the loose ends. WW has ball firmly in her court while I'm eating grapes. I could see things are taking there toll on her the other day even though she wont admit it. But I realise at this point thats not my problem.
My problem is not spending the money I was using for bills when there. I've had a splurge, new clothes, a holiday and basically just treating myself. Need to save that money for MY future!

B
OP Offline
B
More positive stuff. Managed to beat a personnel target and run 7 miles under an hour! Read this as an analogy if you want but now its time to work on the distance.
Music helps. My playlist for running is a lot of dance mixes and fast beat tracks with the odd regular song thrown in. So it made me smile when the four tops belted out during the middle of my run. Got to surprise yourself sometimes! Could not even remember them being on my music manager.
Also music helps the mood. Woke this morning with that pit in my stomach and a sulk building in my head. Driving to work, radio on. Some songs do not help whatever but you can always change the station......

B
OP Offline
B
Oh and the song this morning. Pink-Try

B
OP Offline
B
Dont want to hijack another thread but reading another lead to this thought.
Plan B you either do it or you dont, simple. Do it right or do not expect to see any benefit one way or another.
My first attempt(if you can call it that) was ended by me contacting WW and even taking her to lunch! It was during that lunch she commented on my attempt at NC. Jokingly she said 'hows that working out for you'?
That comment and the smile she gave with it reminded me that if I let her she will be getting me running all the time. Having her cake. In her mind give it a couple of weeks and I will be finding excuses to contact her.
Well thats what she thinks anyway. I have none of the complications of other posters here but theres always someone ready with advice when a problem occurs.
I think what I am trying to say is if you are in or going to attempt plan B look back at what Jedi told me quite simply there is no try only do or do not.

J
J
Originally Posted by Bluebeck
More positive stuff. Managed to beat a personnel target and run 7 miles under an hour! Read this as an analogy if you want but now its time to work on the distance.
Music helps. My playlist for running is a lot of dance mixes and fast beat tracks with the odd regular song thrown in. So it made me smile when the four tops belted out during the middle of my run. Got to surprise yourself sometimes! Could not even remember them being on my music manager.
Also music helps the mood. Woke this morning with that pit in my stomach and a sulk building in my head. Driving to work, radio on. Some songs do not help whatever but you can always change the station......

I listened to Bruce Sprngsteen songs during recent races

B
OP Offline
B
That gives me an idea to create new playlists. I enjoy my running it's becoming routine. But like everything right now sometimes it's hard getting going.
Might as well change it up a little.

B
OP Offline
B
Days off can be a drag. At least I don't have to clean the house! Drag is what I must do. Drag myself out for a late breakfast. Need some photos done for driving license then I have nothing attached to old address! Must keep busy or the mind will make mischief!

B
OP Offline
B
Strange one. Any tips for keeping the weight on?

B
OP Offline
B
Had an email reminder that house insurance not been paid and if not sorted will be cancelled. Not my problem right? Same as utility bills. Let her sort it out, no need for an unnecessary message (through IM) to remind her?

J
J
Strange one. Any tips for keeping the weight on?

Why? Are you loosing weight too fast?

J
J
Had an email reminder that house insurance not been paid and if not sorted will be cancelled. Not my problem right? Same as utility bills. Let her sort it out, no need for an unnecessary message (through IM) to remind her?

I dont know how you should act on the utility and house insurance while In plan B.
Others more qualified can answer that question

B
OP Offline
B
Weight maintaining 145 pounds and I'm 5ft 9 which I know is healthy just not used to looking so skinny!
House insurance I can cancel so it doesn't affect my credit history. There will be reminder letters with companies logo on so if she doesn't realise from those well again that's her problem.
Better now for a run, I was getting 'twitchy' earlier wanting to know what's going on with her! I've said it before and will remind myself this is a marathon not a sprint! My running is getting easier, so will this .

J
J
I was hoping some others would respond to your question.
In your case, I suggest you email Dr. Harley directly (mbradio@marriagebuilders.com) regarding the house insurance.

Basically, your question is Do you step away from all house obligations while in Plan B (and while wife is living in house carrying on affair).

Dont let the house insurance drop without first consulting Dr. Harley.

In Plan B, you remove yourself to protect against her abusing you by carrying on an affair but the door is left open if she ends the affair and agrees to recovery.

You want to be removed, but you dont want to commit love busters while removed.

So please email Dr. Harley directly for instruction.

R
R
Hang in there bluebeck. I wouldn't know about the house insurance question.

Jedi do you think bluebeck could give the insurance company her email and then the insurance company emails her the reminder directly?

Just a thought.

Me: FWW/BW - 38 yrs
XH: FBH/WH - 41 yrs
Plan B
DS: 9yrs old (with H)
DD: 20yrs old
Divorced Dec 2014
WXH still living with POSOW

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
B
OP Offline
B
I need to speak to insurance company first policy due for renewal anyway. It's not mandatory to have but it is sensible.

rocksolid #2804339 05/29/14 08:56 AM
J
J
Originally Posted by rocksolid
Jedi do you think bluebeck could give the insurance company her email and then the insurance company emails her the reminder directly?

The question is, does he just drop everything while in Plan B?
I dont know the answer to that.
I dont think Jon stopped all support when Sue had him kicked out of the house.
That's why I suggested emailing Dr. Harley for instruction.

Last edited by Jedi_Knight; 05/29/14 08:56 AM.
R
R
Good idea Jedi! Bluebeck are you going to do that?

Me: FWW/BW - 38 yrs
XH: FBH/WH - 41 yrs
Plan B
DS: 9yrs old (with H)
DD: 20yrs old
Divorced Dec 2014
WXH still living with POSOW

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
B
OP Offline
B
Last week when I met with WW finances were discussed. We both have separate accounts as well as a joint account. When I left I cancelled all payments from joint account (which is now empty) and left instructions with my PBL about which bills she would now be responsible for. This included Home Insurance. I have spoken to insurers and policy is all paid and ends in about a week. In said conversation of last week I remember I reminded her that she needed to arrange insurance cover. She acknowledged this.
I also remember before leaving her using the fact of having mortgage in her name as weight to many of her arguments.
She is not financially dense.
Last weeks contact was due to her losing her job and tying up loose financial ends. I had already passed everything else over before and she was happy with that. In this situation I dont feel I am dropping anything but letting her deal with her choices.
It is unfortunate that she lost her job but she will find work. She clearly intimated that she didnt want my support financially and has friends/family who can help in the meantime. However she will not be able to live the lifestyle she is accustomed to and OM will struggle to meet this and her ENs.

J
J
Last week when I met with WW finances were discussed. We both have separate accounts as well as a joint account. When I left I cancelled all payments from joint account (which is now empty) and left instructions with my PBL about which bills she would now be responsible for. This included Home Insurance. I have spoken to insurers and policy is all paid and ends in about a week. In said conversation of last week I remember I reminded her that she needed to arrange insurance cover. She acknowledged this.
I also remember before leaving her using the fact of having mortgage in her name as weight to many of her arguments.
She is not financially dense.
Last weeks contact was due to her losing her job and tying up loose financial ends. I had already passed everything else over before and she was happy with that. In this situation I dont feel I am dropping anything but letting her deal with her choices.
It is unfortunate that she lost her job but she will find work. She clearly intimated that she didnt want my support financially and has friends/family who can help in the meantime. However she will not be able to live the lifestyle she is accustomed to and OM will struggle to meet this and her ENs.

Sir, everything that you wrote is in YOUR plan, NOT Dr. Harley's.
IF you are serious about any chance of marital recovery you will need to email him for guidance.
Plan B is a specific plan.

B
OP Offline
B
Typing as you read!

Page 26 of 30 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation