Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 30 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30
B
OP Offline
B
Nothing to update on the home front yet, just wanted to post about me. Feeling positive right now, maybe because I've just done a 10 mile run in 1hour 28 mins. Not bad if I say so myself after a couple of months. Been able to occupy my time calorie counting to ensure I keep a good weight and researching those feel good foods. Realising Plan B is not an overnight job is also teaching me patience and that sometimes problems can't be solved right away and require a little thought. Also it's presented me with the opportunity to do things I've always talked about doing but never bothered to do. Getting in shape and saving money for starters. May have to start listing new things, kind of a long term bucket list!

J
J
At your weight, I would not calorie count.
Instead, I would focus on nutrition: eating lots of natural foods (plant based, meat etc)
NO junk foods, minimal processed foods.

B
OP Offline
B
It's a slow learn but when you start looking you start seeing!

R
R
How's the Plan B going? You haven't updated for a few weeks.

Me: FWW/BW - 38 yrs
XH: FBH/WH - 41 yrs
Plan B
DS: 9yrs old (with H)
DD: 20yrs old
Divorced Dec 2014
WXH still living with POSOW

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
B
OP Offline
B
Still the same roller coaster of emotions. Still no contact. Still confused on what direction my life is going but taking one day at a time. My birthday next week, could present some triggers (or not). Trying to stay positive then my car blows up!
Still life would be boring without challenges!

R
R
You should plan something nice for your birthday. Can you organise a dinner with your friends? Spoil yourself smile

Me: FWW/BW - 38 yrs
XH: FBH/WH - 41 yrs
Plan B
DS: 9yrs old (with H)
DD: 20yrs old
Divorced Dec 2014
WXH still living with POSOW

Actions mean EVERYTHING.
Words mean NOTHING.
B
OP Offline
B
Got some family time planned.
Sometimes on this roller coaster my head pops through the clouds and I see the strength I am building ( both physically and mentally). My WW no doubt expects me to be a drunken mess turning to the booze but I turned the other way. I also remember this is for me and whatever happens, reconciliation, eternal plan B or something in the middle (once A ends) I'm going to need all the strength I can build as it's going to be hard work.
I still feel I am in limbo so best make use of this time

J
J
Keep us the exercise and positive thinking. I sent my ExWW a link to the song "I Won't Give Up on You," about 8 months into her affair. She still remembers it.

Keep throwing her off balance with love bank deposits, but focus on things that make you healthy, strong and happy.

God bless.

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for your support but I'm in B the A I was referring to was hers!
I posted relevant songs to my FB page as I know she will check it out to see how I am. Deactivated that account a month ago as it was a route of contact. I really want to post 'jar of hearts' by Christina Perri but that's due to my shifting mood. Avoiding these little temptations makes me more resolute. Maybe I should try 'stronger' by Kelly Clarkson! All silliness aside my only weak point is mutual friends who try to tell me WW asks after me and still values our friendship. I have to bite my tongue as if she valued anything we had I wouldn't be posting here! That sense of bitterness plan B helps me overcome.
It's hard to shut these friends down completely as they have been of great support and actively try to give WW some direction towards clarity.
It's funny that this post started about songs and most days I hear one that triggers memories of WW. I try and use these triggers positively to lift my mood and keep myself cheerful, focus on myself and not worry what WW is doing.
A pause in posting also helps as I sometimes feel like a broken record.

You can't see where you're going if you're always looking behind you

B
OP Offline
B
Feeling weak. No I'm not. Frustrated help

B
OP Offline
B
And breathe and carry on!

D
D
DO NOT CONTACT HER! Stick with Plan B! Your better than this. When I have feelings of wanting to contact my WW I go exercise or do something fun with my son. Have you read all Dr. Harley's books? Sometimes reading helps me as well.

B
OP Offline
B
Kept myself busy, slept got up and tried again. No contact made just a bump in the road

B
OP Offline
B
Plan B should be dark but dont take the word dark literally. I have reconnected with family and loved ones I have ignored for years(ironically people ww said talk to). not just famuly old friends and new friends. WW has found me and put a lot on my table but i can deal with it myself. I can deal with it better with family/friends.

J
J
What do you mean she found you?
Have you been in contact with her?

B
OP Offline
B
She has managed to get my new number and text me a guilt trip of monetary demands. Claims she is struggling, which she will be if she maintains current lifestyle.
I have managed to ignore this(and block her number). I did ask friends for further info, seems she's ok financially and it's just the stress of running a house alone is getting to her. Nothing I can help with as it's still all my fault! However my LB severely depleted and I need to keep a level head

B
OP Offline
B
Death and funerals while in plan b. Any advice?

S
S
Originally Posted by Bluebeck
Death and funerals while in plan b. Any advice?
You need to ask a proper question to get advice!

What do you mean? What has happened, and what do you want to know?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
You don't have to go to a funeral. Do not go if you know or strongly suspect she will be there. You can visit the grave or pay your respects at any other time.

It sounds to me as if you are looking for an excuse for contact.

Plan B means Plan B and you haven't been in it.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Originally Posted by Bluebeck
Typing as you read!
What happened when you wrote to Dr Harley?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Page 27 of 30 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation