Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 34 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 33 34
M
OP Offline
M
No i have good boundaries around men. I let this man manipulate me because I didn't want to be married anymore. I was looking for a way out. Fortunately godly people told me I don't have to want to I just have to. Fortunately my husband was not ready to quit even though I hurt him so deeply.

MarieMab #2816863 08/24/14 10:56 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Actually, although he is a manipulator I was a willing manipulatee.

MarieMab #2816869 08/25/14 03:52 AM
M
OP Offline
M
And I thought of a great solution to the night shift issue (which I started tonight). I will simply send my husband a picture of myself at work each night or FaceTime him if I have time. This will give us a chance to connect each night and reassure him I am exactly where I say I am. During the day I sleep in a patient room and he can call the desk and ask to be connected to my room. We had already planned for him to come down and have dinner with me sometimes as well. I truly would love to find something to be home every night but these things will work on the meantime.

I
I
No Marie, that won't do. You are so close to making things great, don't blow it with half measures.

Your marriage is in the ER and your working night shifts is something that would wound even an extremely healthy marriage.

If you do this for more than a month at such a critical time, you will end up divorced. This is why antisocial shifts pay more. Because of the expense and personal damage caused to the worker.

If you divorce, you will both pay over thousands to lawyers and afterwards you will have to maintain two separate homes. Do you think the extra money you get for late shifts will cover such expenses?

Think harder. If you review your budget, what would have to go in order to survive day to day on your day rate pay?

What savings do you have? What can be sold?

Can you move?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

indiegirl #2816872 08/25/14 04:33 AM
M
OP Offline
M
We moving to a more energy efficient place on Friday. If you read my other posts we have nothing to sell. We eat at home most of the time. I pack my lunch for nights I work. We have little savings and two daughters in college. I shop at the Salvation Army and target for everything. Truly finances are our biggest issue next to the affair. That's why I have been traveling.

MarieMab #2816881 08/25/14 07:10 AM
D
D
Yay good to see you are attempting to make changes but like indie said you need big changes not small ones. The purpose for you not working nights is two fold.

1. Dr. Harley and MB teaches married couples to spend at least 15 hours a week together with zero distractions. Undivided attention and it's required for a happy marriage. 20 hours for recovery keep in mind that's weekly.

2. All factors that led to your affair need to be eliminated that's called just compensation or JC. It creates transparency and accountability for your BH and you! Keep in mind JC and extraordinary precautions to hand in hand. They are followed by both spouses.

I understand your finances are a mess but your marriage can survive a financial problem but not a affair and not prioritizing the marriage. Please keep this in mind and switch your shifts. God bless!

PS: I hope you change all your contact info like you said you were as for work emails IT department can do that for you easily just submit a request all avenues to POSOM need to be cut off. Facebook, twitter and all social media. Phone numbers changed not just blocked. This is crucial step in JC and EP it is for your husband's peace of mind as well for your marriage. This needs to be done no matter how your husband feels!

Last edited by TranquilDark; 08/25/14 07:13 AM.
MarieMab #2816883 08/25/14 07:17 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by MarieMab
And I thought of a great solution to the night shift issue (which I started tonight). I will simply send my husband a picture of myself at work each night or FaceTime him if I have time. This will give us a chance to connect each night and reassure him I am exactly where I say I am. During the day I sleep in a patient room and he can call the desk and ask to be connected to my room. We had already planned for him to come down and have dinner with me sometimes as well. I truly would love to find something to be home every night but these things will work on the meantime.

That is not a solution. You have to be spending the nights together and working parallel shifts in order to create an integrated lifestyle. That is essential for recovery. Sending a picture of yourself won't do that.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
I agree that spending every night together would be ideal but at least if I do this my husband can be assured I am being truthful which all along has been my biggest issue. Not nearly as much about the affair but about the state of my heart. "I forgive you" when I didn't. "It's fine" when I am NOT. These are the important changes that I need to make. I have lied my whole life... Not about where I was ( only once for that) or who I was with (only once).
I am a pleaser who tells everyone what they want to hear. It builds up until you make the biggest mistake of your life.

MarieMab #2816893 08/25/14 09:25 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Until you hurt everyone you care about.

MarieMab #2816895 08/25/14 09:33 AM
B
B
Did you change your phone number and your email?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
OP Offline
M
Not yet I just got home. Spent a few minutes with my husband talking but I will do that next:)

MarieMab #2816929 08/25/14 01:29 PM
P
P
Pi
Prisca we are going to make it. Our marriage is already 100 percent better then it ever has been. This affair was a horrible experience for my family and I am so sorry I put everyone through it but it woke both my husband and I up to how much we were neglecting the important things. Now I am sure you will all find a way to trace this statement back to me maintaining an ongoing affair with the OM but I realized after spending three days on this forum it
Is not good for me. I know what is true why do I care this group believes about me?

No, you well not make it of you keep trying to cut corners.
Being sorry is not enough.
Having faith is not enough.
Feeling remorse is not enough.

Repentance requires action. If you do not take very specific steps, your marriage will be a crippled version of what it used to be (if it even survives that long). These are facts that mere feelings cannot change.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

D
D
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
I cannot change the email until tommorrow when the school is open. But I will. I will have to find a new job and resign the one I have which I mentioned may take some time. So I guess I am at a standstill until that happens...
How come when we asked you if you had changed all your contact information, we were told you had changed all contact information except your number and now this?

What other means did you communicate with OM? Facebook or any other social media? Work email?

It is tomorrow and this simple step hasn't been completed?! Your leaving the door open for POSOM when it should be shut!

MarieMab #2816938 08/25/14 03:05 PM
B
B
Not yet I just got home. Spent a few minutes with my husband talking but I will do that next:)
Tell us when you've changed them.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
OP Offline
M
So I am talking to dr Harley on the show tommorrow.

MarieMab #2816952 08/25/14 04:09 PM
M
OP Offline
M
So you guys can all post I told you so after he tells me I have to quit my job.

MarieMab #2816954 08/25/14 04:40 PM
M
M
So you guys can all post I told you so after he tells me I have to quit my job.

But we already told you this. We told you that you would have to stop the overnight shifts and spend every night together in order to recover your marriage. We already know what his advice will be. We are not waiting to hear something we already know.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MarieMab #2816955 08/25/14 04:41 PM
B
B
So I am talking to dr Harley on the show tommorrow.
Fantastic, I will be listening. Let us know how it goes.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
OP Offline
M
Okay melody than I won't even talk to him.

MarieMab #2816958 08/25/14 05:03 PM
M
M
Okay melody than I won't even talk to him.

I don't care what you do, but we already know what he will say about leaving your job. We didn't tell you to contact him to get the answer to that because we already know his advice. The purpose was to to get his help in finding creative solutions to your job problem.

Exposure 101

Page 18 of 34 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (whwh747474), 473 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation