Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 34 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 33 34
MarieMab #2817790 08/31/14 06:21 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by MarieMab
I am fully committed to making this work and so is he. So we can't do everything but we can do most it will work.

But if you can't resolve the traveling problem you can't make it work. I don't think you understand that. None of this works if you cherry pick a little here and a little there.

This won't work if you don't start spending every night together. Dr Harley told you this.

And I don't see your husband doing anything to recover your marriage. He is not taking these principles and getting them in place. And you are SURE NOT doing it.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
This is a step by step plan for recovery. It is not a cafeteria plan where you choose your favorite dishes. It must be followed to the letter:

From Surviving an Affair, pg 66-67

The extraordinary precautions do more than end marriage-threatening affairs; they help a couple form the kind of relationship they always wanted.

These recommendations may seem rigid, unnecessarily confining, and even paranoid to those who have not been the victim of infidelity. But people like Sue and Jon, who have suffered unimaginable pain as a result of an affair that spun out of control, can easily see their value. For the inconvenience of following my advice, Sue would have spared herself and Jon the very worst experience of their lives.

Checklist for How Affairs Should End

_____The unfaithful spouse should reveal information about the affair to the betrayed spouse.

_____The unfaithful spouse should make a commitment to the betrayed spouse to never see or talk to the lover OP again.

_____The unfaithful spouse should write a letter to the lover OP ending the relationship and send it with the approval of the betrayed spouse.

_____The unfaithful spouse should take extraordinary precautions to guarantee total separation from the lover OP:

_____Block potential communication with the lover OP (change e-mail address and home and cell phone numbers, and close all social networking accounts; have voice messages and mail monitored by the betrayed spouse).

_____Account for time (betrayed spouse and wayward spouse give each other a twenty-four-hour daily schedule with locations and telephone numbers).

_____Account for money (betrayed spouse and wayward spouse give each other a complete account of all money spent).

_____Spend leisure time together.

_____Change jobs and relocate if necessary.

_____Avoid overnight separation.

_____Allow technical accountability.

_____ Expose affair to family members, clergy, and/or friends.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Trust me my favorite dish is not working in another state. Been there done that. However it pays the bills. I have always hated this. I felt like a work horse. I felt left out of everything. I resent the years I missed with my kids. It sucks.

MarieMab #2817793 08/31/14 06:31 PM
M
M
Trust me my favorite dish is not working in another state. Been there done that. However it pays the bills. I have always hated this. I felt like a work horse. I felt left out of everything. I resent the years I missed with my kids. It sucks.

Add to that, your marriage won't recover this way. So what is the plan to change this?

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
I will think about it....

MarieMab #2817796 08/31/14 06:45 PM
Z
Z
I wish your husband would come back and post. He seems unwilling to face what needs to be done here to heal the marriage.

I get the sense that you've been running the show for a long time in this marriage. It has led to tremendous resentment which was the precursor to the entitlement that led you into an affair.

He might need to get a steady job as part of recovery. You've mentioned more than once that you feel alone in carrying the financial burden for the family. I don't know what his self employment is all about but if it's not generating enough, he needs to get moving.

I myself am going through a mid life career change to bring more stability to my family. It's humbling and difficult but being 'self employed' wasn't cutting it. I still have time to run my business on the side.

He should come here and get support and some direction. He's definitely letting you run the show here and we know where that leads...straight into the ditch.

zibbles #2817800 08/31/14 06:52 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Oh my word no! I was taught the husband is the leader go along get along say nothing. It's what I do. I have always said I am fine even when I am hurting or pissed. That is funny you think that. I am the head in the sand.

MarieMab #2817801 08/31/14 06:54 PM
Z
Z
I don't believe that for a second. There's no way you'd become this 'workhorse' without making up your own mind to do so. I doubt he forced you to take that on.

Somewhere you stopped trusting him to take care of you and you just went out and decided to carry the burden alone. This has really damaged the marriage. His passivity combined with your resentment for having the shoulder the burden.

You are very distorted when it comes to seeing yourself and your role in this.

Last edited by zibbles; 08/31/14 06:55 PM.
MarieMab #2817802 08/31/14 06:54 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Maybe I am bold on here because there is no threat....

MarieMab #2817804 08/31/14 06:56 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Are you serious? I have wanted to stay home since I had my first child or at least work less. I work because I make the steady income...

MarieMab #2817805 08/31/14 06:57 PM
M
M
Oh my word no! I was taught the husband is the leader go along get along say nothing. It's what I do. I have always said I am fine even when I am hurting or pissed. That is funny you think that. I am the head in the sand.

That is not believable. You have shown yourself to be an extremely aggressive woman on this forum who is accustomed to running the show. You HAVE been running the "recovery" show entirely.

Exposure 101

MarieMab #2817806 08/31/14 06:58 PM
Z
Z
Perhaps. But being the one earning the money also gave you tremendous control. You really need to open up to seeing this from many different angles and quit being married to what you think the truth is. We all tell ourselves stories to make things make sense. Your stories don't seem to be serving you.

Last edited by zibbles; 08/31/14 07:02 PM.
M
M
ok, lets say he is in charge of the recovery ship. What is his plan to get you out of this traveling job? What is the plan to get you sleeping together every night?

This problem has been brought up over and over and over again to you and you are still no closer to a resolution than you were a week ago.

Exposure 101

zibbles #2817809 08/31/14 07:03 PM
Z
Z
not only are your stories not serving you, THEY DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE to an objective observer.

zibbles #2817811 08/31/14 07:04 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Wow! This is nuts. I have never said boo toy husband before. When I told him about the affair my intent was to leave. Not for the other man for myself. I was tired of pretending I was fine when I was dying. When I told my husband the truth it was Becauae I has decided I was done faking. I am absolutely not in control of anything.

MarieMab #2817812 08/31/14 07:06 PM
M
M
Wow! This is nuts. I have never said boo toy husband before. When I told him about the affair my intent was to leave. Not for the other man for myself. I was tired of pretending I was fine when I was dying. When I told my husband the truth it was Becauae I has decided I was done faking. I am absolutely not in control of anything.

So what is his plan to get you spending the nights together?

Exposure 101

MarieMab #2817813 08/31/14 07:06 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I am sorry if I don't make sense but three months ago I decided I would never lie again. I would tell my husband kids whoever how I felt weather it was easy or not. Just like you all are doing with me.

MarieMab #2817814 08/31/14 07:09 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I think he wants me to continue what I am doing until I graduate. That has been the plan.

MarieMab #2817816 08/31/14 07:10 PM
M
M
I think he wants me to continue what I am doing until I graduate. That has been the plan.

Gotcha, so he is not interested in recovery and is not going to take Dr Harley's advice?

Exposure 101

Z
Z
He values the money you make over the marriage. That's what it looks like from here. VERY SAD.

Page 27 of 34 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 475 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation