Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 66 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 65 66
M
M
Originally Posted by jkwpurple
Ok, I made the calls and sent messages. He just sent me a text saying "I guess I need to line up a place to stay pretty quickly. I'll grab some personal items after work. . How do I respond?? I wasn't trying to push him out quicker!

Good job!! Don't respond, just get all your exposures done TODAY. Don't leave any stragglers. Have you spoken to his parents, sibs, family and friends? Will they call him?

I did not send a message to his boss, just the few friends I knew of at work.

I didn't tell him yet about 30 days before I tell your boss.

When did you plan on telling him this? And this offer is only good *IF* he agrees to leave the job now and end his affair. It is a good will gesture to give him an opportunity to leave gracefully. If he won't agree to that, there is no reason to wait 30 days.

And I want to keep emphasizing that the greatest danger is if he KEEPS that job, because you have no chance if he stays there. None.

i expect him to refuse to leave the job but tell you he has ended the affair. That will NOT suffice.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
And remember, when you speak to him, don't ask him WHO the affair is with, tell him you know it is "__ insert OW name___."

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Ok, I made the calls and sent messages. He just sent me a text saying "I guess I need to line up a place to stay pretty quickly. I'll grab some personal items after work. . How do I respond?? I wasn't trying to push him out quicker!

Good job!! Don't respond, just get all your exposures done TODAY. Don't leave any stragglers. Have you spoken to his parents, sibs, family and friends? Will they call him?

When did you plan on telling him this?

I did tell both of our families and his friends. I don't think I missed people.

Not respond? At all? And when he comes home and grabs his stuff and goes, then what? How do I tell him about 30 days? Should I call him now and tell him I'm still holding out hope but he needs to end the affair AND he needs to leave his job?

Me BW
Married 18 years before D-day
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
D-day - 10/14/14 Plan B - 11/30/14
G
OP Offline
G
He is still at work now.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
[

Not respond? At all? And when he comes home and grabs his stuff and goes, then what? How do I tell him about 30 days? Should I call him now and tell him I'm still holding out hope but he needs to end the affair AND he needs to leave his job?

I think that is a great idea. Tell him if he will agree to leave his job, [put in his notice NOW] end his affair , and work on the marriage you will give him 30 days before you expose to the workplace authorities if he is still there.

I want to make sure you are not confused here. It doesn't mean he has 30 days to decide to do it. You only give him the 30 days if he is going to put in his notice NOW, end his affair and commit to the marriage.

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Ok, thank you for clarifying.

You mean great idea to call him?

I want to tell him he doesn't need to rush away from the house and kids.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
Ok, thank you for clarifying.

You mean great idea to call him?

I want to tell him he doesn't need to rush away from the house and kids.

I think it is a great idea to call him and tell him about the 30 days.

HOWEVER, if he won't end his affair, you shouldn't try to keep him there because you will have to go into Plan B in 3 weeks anyway if he won't end his affair. Let him know that if he won't end his affair and leave that job within 30 days, that you agree it is a good idea for him for move out.

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
But...plan a?

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
This is so hard. I'm so scared.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

When did you plan on telling him this?

I did tell both of our families and his friends. I don't think I missed people.

Who did you expose to on OW's side?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
But...plan a?

HOWEVER, if he won't end his affair, you shouldn't try to keep him there because you will have to go into Plan B in 3 weeks anyway if he won't end his affair. Let him know that if he won't end his affair and leave that job within 30 days, that you agree it is a good idea for him for move out.

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Brainhurts, I cannot find anyone for her! She doesn't have a facebook account, she's not married. I have a name and phone number. That's all.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
This is so hard. I'm so scared.

I understand completely. It is very scary, but you have to stick to your guns and walk through the scary stuff now in order to have the best chance at recovery.

Exposure 101

M
M
jk, call your husband first and then start searching for the OW. We can help you find her family.

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
What do you think about him putting in for a transfer? If he quits, we are completely financially done. All of us. A transfer would put him in a different building in a different part of town.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
What do you think about him putting in for a transfer? If he quits, we are completely financially done. All of us. A transfer would put him in a different building in a different part of town.

That would work as long as he will NEVER cross her path again. That means no meetings, no Christmas parties, no training, no nothing.

And if he doesn't quit, YOU ARE DONE.

Exposure 101

M
M
If he quits, we are completely financially done. .

You have to stop thinking short term. You are DONE if he keeps that job because you get divorced. You are headed to divorce right now.

Then you will be competing with the OW and her future children for his pay.

Exposure 101

M
M
You are thinking with desperation about his paycheck next week. And I understand. But it is clouding your thinking.

I am thinking of longterm how you will lose 70% of that paycheck in 6 months if you don't stop this divorce train. Keeping that job means you end up divorced and in competition with another woman for his income.

He can get another job. You will have a damn hard time finding a new husband to support you and all those kids.

Exposure 101

W
W
jkwpurple: I will be happy to help you find the OW's friends and family. I'm very good at investigation. I did it for a living. We can all help you, if you need the help.

G
OP Offline
G
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I called. He said he will put in for the transfer and asked if I really think this will save our marriage. I told him yes, this, sone recovery, and some hard work. He's not quite enthusiastic yet, but I am seeing a glimmer of hope!

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
Page 7 of 66 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 462 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation