Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 66 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 65 66
M
M
Originally Posted by jkwpurple
What do you think of me contacting her? Would that be a bad idea?

I would contact her. YES. And you should go up to his workplace, and visit him with your kids in tow and drop in on her. But more importantly, you MUST find her family and you have to get him out of that job.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
]
I told him that ending the affair and saving my family is my number one priority, and I spelled out that I meant absolutely no contact between them, even verbal.

Did you spell out that he has to LEAVE THAT JOB?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Yes. He's not quitting the job but taking a different shift until he can be transferred to a different location.

Me BW
Married 18 years before D-day
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
D-day - 10/14/14 Plan B - 11/30/14
G
OP Offline
G
The shifts don't overlap at all.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
B
B
I can't find her. All I have found is her past employer. I know what town she came from and when she started working here.

I did a spokeo and got a man's name, different last name, in her old hometown, but no address and no other info.
No guarantee, but you could try signing up temporarily with freephonetracer dot com. They can give you a name and address of the person who is the account holder of a cell phone IF it is not a throwaway phone.

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
M
M
I can't find her. All I have found is her past employer. I know what town she came from and when she started working here.

Can you find any of her relatives in her old town? Have you looked in whitepages.com?

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
I have been all through white pages

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

I would contact her. YES. And you should go up to his workplace, and visit him with your kids in tow and drop in on her. But more importantly, you MUST find her family and you have to get him out of that job.

What would you say? I can think of lots of things, most of them not very productive.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
B
B

What would you say? I can think of lots of things, most of them not very productive.
There's some in here for BWs also.

"I encourage BHs to Confront OM" Dr Harley

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Originally Posted by BlindSighted2013

I did a spokeo and got a man's name, different last name, in her old hometown, but no address and no other info.
No guarantee, but you could try signing up temporarily with freephonetracer dot com. They can give you a name and address of the person who is the account holder of a cell phone IF it is not a throwaway phone.
Did you try this?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M

Tell her that there is no future for her with your husband because she will be eternally hated by your children and the inlaws for her part in breaking up your marriage. Tell her she will be NEVER be accepted by the family. Let her know that if this goes to divorce you will have her subpoenaed to give sworn testimony about her adultery with your husband. With that will come "discovery" when they subpoena her email and phone records. Just let her know that hell is coming her way!!

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Originally Posted by BlindSighted2013

Did you try this?

I tried it. Same deal as spokeo. A man's name with a different last name, city which is where she used to live, no address or other names.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
I also tried calling her. Several times. No answer. I'll try again tomorrow.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
B
B
Did you do a background check on the man's name or check Facebook? It could be an ex or family member. This could help you find her family.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

G
OP Offline
G
I looked for him, too.

I ended up leaving her a message. I really wanted to hear her voice, but it is probably just as well that I didn't.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
WH is so upset that I told the kids. He isn't so mad about the other people I told, but he thinks I made him the enemy. That I turned the kids against him. And I know that his actions did that, and I know they would have found out anyway, but the fact that I told them is killing him. I'm afraid I went too far. Tell me I did the right thing.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
J
J
jk,

Please...every time he complains simply say "I will not lie to my children to cover up your adultery"

"yes the children are devastated that you are placing an adulterous relationship above our family"

L
L
This is your script:

Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
jk,

Please...every time he complains simply say "I will not lie to my children to cover up your adultery"

"yes the children are devastated that you are placing an adulterous relationship above our family"

Your children are suffering as a direct result of his affair. You did the right thing; children usually figure it out anyway. If they don't figure it out, they still know something is wrong and make up reasons that often put the blame on themselves.

You did right in telling them. Your H is embarrassed and angry. He SHOULD be embarrassed; he did a dreadful thing which resulted in one of the most painful and awful things he could have done to you...and to his children.

Don't cave. And don't apologize for telling the truth.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
G
OP Offline
G
Ok, that's exactly what I said. And that they know he still loves them, even though he screwed up.
No pun intended.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
Wonders never cease. OW just sent me a text. Let me know she got my message. She understands. It is over. Please leave her alone.

WH went into work early to talk to his supervisor about how soon he can switch shifts.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
Page 10 of 66 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 462 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation