Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 66 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 65 66
M
M
And I want to emphasize that he has to agree to all of your conditions and commit to recovery of the marriage. If he agrees to just transfer but still plans on moving out, then you should go ahead and expose.

The 30 days is a good will gesture for someone who is ending his affair, committing to the marriage and quitting his job. It is not a grace period for active adulterers.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
W
jkwpurple: i notified the moderator

W
W
ok I sent jkwpurple an email. I'm on east coast so it's late and i'll hopefully be able to work on this tomorrow.

B
B
Originally Posted by jkwpurple
Can someone link the gaslighting thread?
Here Please Explain Gaslighting

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I would plan on getting separated from him and start thinking of ways you can do that.

What do you mean by this? I'm just exhausted. You'll have to spell it out for me.

He is not going to end his affair.

I got that, but what do you mean by thinking of ways to separate? Do you mean looking at finances, etc?

Me BW
Married 18 years before D-day
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
D-day - 10/14/14 Plan B - 11/30/14
B
B
Yes. Study this so when/if you need it you'll be prepared.

How to Plan B Correctly

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

I
I
His leaving is not the worst case scenario here. Staying and putting you through a false recovery is.

If he is shut out you get to keep your world while he loses his. Until he is all in marriage he is all in affair.

So protect yourself and let him hit rock bottom. What it truly means to choose the A.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
M
I would plan on getting separated from him and start thinking of ways you can do that.

What do you mean by this? I'm just exhausted. You'll have to spell it out for me.

He is not going to end his affair.

I got that, but what do you mean by thinking of ways to separate? Do you mean looking at finances, etc?

No, I mean encouraging him to move out. Are you familiar with Plan B? Have you read Surviving an Affair?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by wenang
ok I sent jkwpurple an email. I'm on east coast so it's late and i'll hopefully be able to work on this tomorrow.

It's awesome that you are helping out in terms of finding OW family! Keep us updated!

I'd just discourage you from offering any other advice to purple off the board related to any other aspect of SAA. She really needs to stick to the forum for now smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Use her picture and expose her on Cheaterville

Was this ever done?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
Email address of WHs superior obtained. I told WH he would need to decide quickly, I should have put a time limit on it.

I would give him until tomorrow and then start the exposure. You will want to expose formally to the Director of HR along with the supervisor of OW and your H. Have you read the posts on workplace exposure on the exposure thread?

Agree x 1000

I have been thinking a lot about your situation, purple. Given that your WH has been talking about moving out for a while now and that the OW is single, I am very afraid you are not being aggressive enough about killing this affair.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
G
OP Offline
G
[quote=jkwpurple][quote=MelodyLane][quote=jkwpurple][quote=MelodyLane]

No, I mean encouraging him to move out. Are you familiar with Plan B? Have you read Surviving an Affair?

I ordered the book but it isn't here yet.

I read about plan b. The sample letters are all to WS who don't want to move out. Mine wants to go, and says he doesn't want to reconcile. How do I go about this? Is there any hope?

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
I haven't gotten his response since I laid out what I want. He works a double shift today. I may see him when he gets home if I can stay awake until he gets home.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by SusieQ

Was this ever done?

I just cannot see the point in this. Do I then send her a link to it so she knows it's out there? I hate those kind of scummy sites that feed on people's pain.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
L
L

I read about plan b. The sample letters are all to WS who don't want to move out. Mine wants to go, and says he doesn't want to reconcile. How do I go about this? Is there any hope?

Adjust the letter to your own situation. If your H moves out, the letter will be a list of the conditions he will need to meet before returning. The Plan B letter will have the IM information as well.

Your H now says he doesn't want to reconcile, but yes, there is still hope. My H had planned to divorce me and had no intention of reconciling. Eventually he rolled his eyes at the chaplain we were seeing and said VERY reluctantly, "okay, I'll do the right thing...." Said with a big sigh, this didn't exactly make my heart beat with joy. Still, as long as the affair was dead, the opportunity to recovery was now better. And yes, we reconciled, recovered, and now have a marriage better than ever before.

Many times, more often than not, the affair will die and the WS wants to return home. The Plan B letter gives him the way back.

All is not lost, Purple. Expose wide and far and to HR if your H doesn't leave his job quickly and set your conditions. If your conditions are not met, start working on a dark Plan B. Plan B is not designed to bring him back; it's designed to protect your health, your sanity, and your love for your H.

Do all you can to kill the affair.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
S
S

IF you get divorced, you will be fighting with a fogged out wayward and his OW for every scrap you get. It will not be pretty. That is your future if you choose the job over your marriage.

I know you are terrified about your WH's job but please consider this...what D and post-D life will look like for you, purple. That is what you are up against if you don't kill this affair.

I hope you are not entertaining any idea that your WH will continue to do right by you and your children should you separate.

When I separated with my WxH, we had an agreement that I would not expose to his workplace and that he would move out and continue to completely financially support us. I FULLY believed he would comply with this agreement.

Well...shortly after moving out, he shacked up with OW and soon after that, he began screwing with us financially (about 1-2 mos).

Divorcing him was an absolute NIGHTMARE. If he had had his way, he would have kicked me out on the streets, moved him and OW into the house and had OW help raise my kids 50-50 (since he works too much) so that he wouldn't have to pay me CS. These were real issues in the D. I am not exaggerating!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S

Was this ever done?

I just cannot see the point in this. Do I then send her a link to it so she knows it's out there? I hate those kind of scummy sites that feed on people's pain.

You are not being aggressive enough and I am afraid that you are going to regret this.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
G
OP Offline
G
[quote=SusieQ]

You are not being aggressive enough and I am afraid that you are going to regret this.

So, do I send her a link? Is that why?

Last edited by jkwpurple; 10/19/14 01:05 PM.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G

Was this ever done?

Ok, I did it. Now what?

Last edited by jkwpurple; 10/19/14 02:04 PM.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M

The sample letters are to any WS, so it would apply. But don't worry about writing the letter YET. First, get him to move out. You can't go into Plan B until he is gone.

Exposure 101

Page 16 of 66 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation