Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 66 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 65 66
G
OP Offline
G
Well, I'm terrified. But I'm going to be ok.

Me BW
Married 18 years before D-day
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
D-day - 10/14/14 Plan B - 11/30/14
L
L
Things will be way better after exposure. You can do it! Follow everyone's advice to the letter! Having people's support is wonderful, and you'll be able weed out the enablers.

G
OP Offline
G
Just got a text from him that all of his work friends are calling him, and he doesn't know what my intentions are but "stop calling and messaging my friends".

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
I should have included them in the first exposure but I was scared. I hope I haven't made a mess by doing two separate exposures.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
Originally Posted by jkwpurple
I should have included them in the first exposure but I was scared. I hope I haven't made a mess by doing two separate exposures.

Maybe it would be a good idea to go into Plan B this weekend so you don't have to listen to his backlash next week. How prepared are you? Do you have an IM lined up? Do you have plans in place to prevent him from contacting you? Could you get prepared and go dark tomorrow evening or Sunday?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

E
E
You haven't, better late than never. Don't respond to any of his texts or calls and finish exposure. Print out whatever you need to bring on Monday. Go to bank in morning, open new account and transfer at least half from the joint account. Waywards are notorious for emptying the account. It's all about control for them and you have to make sure you cant be.

M
M
Can you go to the bank in the morning?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
I second the suggestion to ignore him/not engage him until you complete your exposure.

He's going to do everything in his power to get you to back off...and since he has had success getting you to do so in the past, he's going to be very aggressive. There will be lotsa gaslighting!!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S

It's scary for everyone but you can do it.

Try not to dwell on the fact that you didn't expose and just realize that you are vulnerable to your WH's gaslighting....move forward with that understanding so that you will be less likely to go along with WH's "plan" again.

Do everything you can to end the A...at least then in the future you will know you gave it your best shot.

Since this is a pretty involved affair...and your WH has already left the home, I would pull out all the stops to expose this. I would post OW on Cheaterville and expose to her FB friends in addition to the workplace exposure and the letter to her parents.

Give it all you've got!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
W
W
Purple: Try not to go back under his spell. You probably still think and hope he will come out of this and see the light. That way of thinking is bad for you because you can't make good decisions if you're in denial. You sound like you are beginning to understand the mindset of a wayward. Please don't listen to him and his gas-lighting. It's best if you can go into plan B so you can avoid his rage. He's going to be livid! Be strong and show him he cannot control you anymore!

G
OP Offline
G
I didn't respond to his text.

I went to the bank this afternoon.

I exposed before to everyone except his work friends, and I just did that. Since they work together, these are her coworkers as well and I did include her name in the message I sent today. She doesn't have a Facebook. It took a lot of digging (and I had to have help) to find a possible address for her parents. Letter went to them certified mail today.

As for plan B - I'm not sure how to go completely dark. We have a 3 month old and I am breastfeeding her - she doesn't take bottles at all. We have to have some degree of real time communication in order for him to be able to see her at all.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
I
As for plan B - I'm not sure how to go completely dark. We have a 3 month old and I am breastfeeding her - she doesn't take bottles at all. We have to have some degree of real time communication in order for him to be able to see her at all.

Lets figure this out. Do you have a friend, family or neighbor who could facilitate visitation with the baby OUTSIDE OF YOUR HOME? How often has he seen the baby since he has been gone?

Exposure 101

M
M
And bravo to you for taking care of the bank and sending off the letter to her parents! awesome

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
He has been gone two and a half weeks. The first week, he came to the house to play with the kids all 4 days that he could (when his schedule matched theirs). The second week he got to hold her twice (at our older son's concert and again at his birthday). He was just telling me when he could see them a week at a time. So I told him we have to have set schedule from now on, and he asked for Tuesday overnight to the middle of Wednesday, and Friday morning. That's what we did this week, and he picked the kids up (I had their things on the porch and they went out when he got there, but then i went out and he asked if he could hold the baby for a minute.) I took her to his apartment on Wednesday morning right after she ate and came back when she was hungry again. He took her this morning when he took the older kids and I went when she got hungry, sat in my car and fed her, then took her back to his door and he brought them all back home by the time she was hungry again.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
L
L
I didn't respond to his text.

I went to the bank this afternoon.

I exposed before to everyone except his work friends, and I just did that. Since they work together, these are her coworkers as well and I did include her name in the message I sent today. She doesn't have a Facebook. It took a lot of digging (and I had to have help) to find a possible address for her parents. Letter went to them certified mail today.

Yay! Good work! Doesn't it feel better to take action and stand up for yourself?

M
M
How old are your children?

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by luna_alpha
Yay! Good work! Doesn't it feel better to take action and stand up for yourself?

It does. Nothing feels good right now, but o feel less like a victim today than I have in 2 months.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

They are 14, 11, 4, and 3 months.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

They are 14, 11, 4, and 3 months.

I don't think I would go for overnights if I were you, especially since he is having an affair. I would give him perhaps every Wednesday evening for a couple of hours and then either Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Do it in blocks of time that will make it possible for him to get the baby home to you in time for a feeding. For example, he could have them for 3 hours and you could feed the baby just before he takes them.

The older children could carry the little one to the car so he doesn't have to come inside. This way you don't ever have to see him.

And maybe let him take the older children an extra afternoon or evening.

Do the older children WANT to see him?

I would set up a very strict visitation schedule so you are not constantly revisiting this issue. Have your IM give him the calendar.

Do you have an IM yet? Have you changed the locks?

Exposure 101

M
M
And maybe you could send a bottle with breast milk in it?

Exposure 101

Page 24 of 66 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation