Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 66 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 65 66
W
W
How are the kids doing? Do they need counseling? It may help them get through this period. Does your H have good insurance that can cover it?

If you're not able to do plan B yet, your H may get verbally abusive. Remember to stay calm and cool and don't debate him. Just calmly say you are doing what you need to do for your family. Be decisive and in control. No crying, no yelling, no back and forth. He needs to see that you have taken control of the situation.

B
B
Have you exposed to your children?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Your kids are so young. Be careful how you talk to them about it. In some cases, a counselor can help. For my kids, the school was great in providing them support they needed if they were too scared to bring anything up to my W and I.

G
OP Offline
G
My kids know. Well, the older two do. I have been careful to not say angry things about their dad. I have just reiterated that sometimes people we love make mistakes. (My 11 year old said "this is one heck of a mistake.") They are handling things pretty well for the most part. We have access to free counseling through his job, and I have been going. The woman I see is really good. I mentioned counseling to my daughter and she wasn't very enthusiastic, but I think we'll go anyway. I have been letting them go overnight. They really do want to see him.

I have not ever been able to pump breastmilk successfully. I am able to comfortably leave her for about 2 hours.

Changed the locks last night.

Me BW
Married 18 years before D-day
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
D-day - 10/14/14 Plan B - 11/30/14
G
OP Offline
G
I am so terrified about turning over this evidence to his superiors. I know the investigation is underway with or without me. I know if I don't do it, they will likely get away with it and they will stay together. It will be like I've poked a sleeping bear with my rifle and then just let it get up and attack me without shooting.

I just keep thinking about me and four kids no longer having medical insurance, or money for the electric bill, or....

I haven't worked outside the home in over 4 years. I don't have the earning potential to support us now. I have family that will help, but it is still so scary.

And it's scary because I still love this man. It's so hard to expose his mistake at work when he has worked so hard to get where he is. I know he doesn't seem to care how it affects him, or how it affects me. It's just so hard.

Sorry for blabbering.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
W
W
purple: Do you have a good lawyer? Get a few referrals and consultations. I'm not a lawyer, but I believe your H has to pay all your (and his kids) medical and insurance bills. If you need to go back to school or more alimony while you job hunt, he probably has to pay for that too. If you need child care, he may have to pay that. Don't be concerned about something you may not have to worry about. Find out the law.

Secondly, stop calling it a "mistake". A mistake is one wrong move. He had plenty of time to correct his wrong move. This is all his fault. Stop shifting the blame to you. There's consequences to his bad choices. Always remember that. The consequences for him are going to be enormous.

G
OP Offline
G
I have consulted a lawyer, and yes he will have to pay. A lot. As long as he has a job.

If I stop calling it a mistake, I'm afraid I will start hating him. I have to think of it as a temporary thing. Yes, a series of mistakes. Many bad choices. If I start thinking about how he is deliberately hurting me and his family, I don't know that I can keep it together.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
Definitely not my fault. Turning him in doesn't make any of the consequences my fault. But I do have some part in bringing them down on him. Of course, whether I expose or not it would possibly be discovered.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
Originally Posted by jkwpurple
I am so terrified about turning over this evidence to his superiors. I know the investigation is underway with or without me. I know if I don't do it, they will likely get away with it and they will stay together. It will be like I've poked a sleeping bear with my rifle and then just let it get up and attack me without shooting.

I just keep thinking about me and four kids no longer having medical insurance, or money for the electric bill, or....

I haven't worked outside the home in over 4 years. I don't have the earning potential to support us now. I have family that will help, but it is still so scary.

And it's scary because I still love this man. It's so hard to expose his mistake at work when he has worked so hard to get where he is. I know he doesn't seem to care how it affects him, or how it affects me. It's just so hard.

Sorry for blabbering.

JK, I know it is scary, but you can't destroy a marriage over a job. You are more likely to face going back to work if you are DIVORCED, and that is where you are headed right now. The longer this affair goes on, the harder it will be to bust up.

It is imperative that you give them all your evidence of the affair. If you don't, they can't take action and the affair will continue. Do you want that to happen? You can ask them to think of you and your children and transfer your husband to a new location. You have that advantage when you expose versus them finding out on their own.

You are not responding to my posts about Plan B. Did you read my posts about Plan B? You can't STAY in Plan A, dear.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
You are putting your love for your husband ahead of your need for financial security. That is an honorable thing. If your husband comes out of the fog, and I believe he will, he's going to thank you for your sacrificial love.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
N
N
Melody's right, by the way. It's scary, but you are more likely to face financial hardship if you get divorced, so this is your best option either way.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
M
M
Definitely not my fault. Turning him in doesn't make any of the consequences my fault. But I do have some part in bringing them down on him. Of course, whether I expose or not it would possibly be discovered.

They would have found out eventually, I assure you. With you doing the exposure, you have the advantage of being able to asking them to transfer him somewhere else so you are not without support.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
It's so hard to expose his mistake at work when he has worked so hard to get where he is. .

He has been a reckless fool at work and should never be in a position of authority. Sorry, but that is the truth. He threw his career away. He should have known better.

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by nmwb77
You are putting your love for your husband ahead of your need for financial security. That is an honorable thing. If your husband comes out of the fog, and I believe he will, he's going to thank you for your sacrificial love.

Thank you for saying this. I haven't looked at it that way.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

They would have found out eventually, I assure you. With you doing the exposure, you have the advantage of being able to asking them to transfer him somewhere else so you are not without support.

I don't know how much leeway they have in their decision. Government job - so they have their policies and if you don't follo them the consequences are laid out in advance. If the ones in charge don't follow policy they are subject to disciplinary action as well. But it sure won't hurt to ask. And bring the baby with me to the meeting. Which I scheduled for Monday morning. I already printed everything off.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
[
I don't know how much leeway they have in their decision. Government job - so they have their policies and if you don't follo them the consequences are laid out in advance. If the ones in charge don't follow policy they are subject to disciplinary action as well. But it sure won't hurt to ask. And bring the baby with me to the meeting. Which I scheduled for Monday morning. I already printed everything off.

I don't know their policies, but we have been through this many times with military personnel and they do take the welfare of the family into account and try to accommodate them.

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G

Sorry for blabbering.

JK, I know it is scary, but you can't destroy a marriage over a job. You are more likely to face going back to work if you are DIVORCED, and that is where you are headed right now. The longer this affair goes on, the harder it will be to bust up.

It is imperative that you give them all your evidence of the affair. If you don't, they can't take action and the affair will continue. Do you want that to happen? You can ask them to think of you and your children and transfer your husband to a new location. You have that advantage when you expose versus them finding out on their own.

You are not responding to my posts about Plan B. Did you read my posts about Plan B? You can't STAY in Plan A, dear.

Definitely headed for divorce, probably even if I succeed in ending the affair. Believe me, I am aware.

I didn't mean to ignore your plan b posts. I have no intention of staying in plan a. It is way too painful. I have a draft of my plan b letter I'm working on. I'm having a hard time coming up with an im who doesn't want to remove his testicles on my behalf. I think having the older kids carry the baby in and out can work. I can park in the visitor area at WHs apartment to sit and nurse her, that way I don't even have to see his car.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
[

I don't know their policies, but we have been through this many times with military personnel and they do take the welfare of the family into account and try to accommodate them.

That is encouraging. Thank you.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
My posts about Plan B? I am starting to get very concerned now.

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
How old are your children?

They are 14, 11, 4, and 3 months.

I don't think I would go for overnights if I were you, especially since he is having an affair. I would give him perhaps every Wednesday evening for a couple of hours and then either Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Do it in blocks of time that will make it possible for him to get the baby home to you in time for a feeding. For example, he could have them for 3 hours and you could feed the baby just before he takes them.

The older children could carry the little one to the car so he doesn't have to come inside. This way you don't ever have to see him.

And maybe let him take the older children an extra afternoon or evening.

Do the older children WANT to see him?

I would set up a very strict visitation schedule so you are not constantly revisiting this issue. Have your IM give him the calendar.

Do you have an IM yet? Have you changed the locks?

I changed the locks last night.

We do have a visitation schedule set now, it is Tuesday 5pm until Wednesday between 1 and 2 pm, with me bringing him the baby Wednesday morning and Friday morning 9:30 until 1-2pm. The issue with the baby is that she's not on a set time schedule as far as when she wakes or eats, so I was thinking I need to let him know when she's ready to be picked up but if I had an appointment I'd just wake her up so I think I'll just look at it that way and make it work.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
Page 25 of 66 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 462 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation