Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 66 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 65 66
G
OP Offline
G
Oops I mean write it up and make a copy.

Me BW
Married 18 years before D-day
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
D-day - 10/14/14 Plan B - 11/30/14
G
OP Offline
G
Had to leave the letter with another officer to put in her mailbox, but it's done. I didn't think about the public part of the precinct being closed on a Sunday.

I put a call/text blocker app on my phone but he just texted me and it cane through anyway with a notice that it was from a blocked caller. Any suggestions for an app that works? Until I get my phone off his Verizon bill I can't block it through Verizon.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
The text came before I dropped his letter off.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
E
E
I have Verizon. If you pull up that name on your contacts list, it should give you an option to block that contact.

S
S
I have calls blacklist app. You can choose to not get notifications of msgs/calls received from a blocked number

G
OP Offline
G
I tried on my phone - I have the option to send all calls to voicemail but that's it. I looked at blacklist app but it said with the newest android update it won't block texts.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
Z
Z
Please get a new phone with a new number. Or just a new number. It is that serious and yes, he will go nuts trying to contact you. You need to get prepared for this.

G
OP Offline
G
Solved it for now. I downloaded a new text app that has a blacklist - chomp SMS.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
Oh, I am getting off his account but can't do it until Wednesday.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
Originally Posted by jkwpurple
Oh, I am getting off his account but can't do it until Wednesday.

Good girl!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
This is so hard. Blocking his number when all I really want is to talk to him - but not in the state he's in now. And I'm having a hard time imagining him being so angry with me. That's not in his personality. I can count on my fingers the number of times he's ever raised his voice to me. But I know he is not himself right now, and may never be again. It's just still hard.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
Z
Z
Talking to him now will compromise the love you feel for him. He's about to get a lot uglier. You don't need/want to witness it.

He wants to blame you for this mess and make you take some responsibility for HIS destructive actions towards the family. Side step the mess!

You will be grieving for a bit here. Then you're going to start to feel so much better. SO MUCH BETTER.

M
M
This is so hard. Blocking his number when all I really want is to talk to him - but not in the state he's in now. And I'm having a hard time imagining him being so angry with me. That's not in his personality. I can count on my fingers the number of times he's ever raised his voice to me. But I know he is not himself right now, and may never be again. It's just still hard.

jk, i know this is so very hard! Every time you feel like talking him, come here and post! Now is the time to FORCE your logic to overcome your emotions because your emotions are leading you wrong. Every contact with him drains you more emotionally.

It also inadvertently props up his affair. If you aren't there in the background as an option, then ALL of the onus for meeting his needs falls to the OW. She will never be able to fill his needs successfully because she is a selfish, uncaring person who has no respect for relationships. His expectations of her will RAISE with you out of the picture and she will not be able to live up to those expectations. That is when the fighting begins and the affair starts to crumble.

In the meantime, you just have to focus on withdrawing from him emotionally so you can get your emotions stabilized and get some sanity and peace in your life. If this does end in divorce, which I hope it does not, you will have a sound mind that can make that decision.

Also, the holidays are the IDEAL time to go into Plan B because he will feel the loss of his family so deeply. She will not be able to fill the shoes of a wife and family. She will likely go to be with her own family and leave him alone.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Every time you fight the urge to speak to him, the stronger you get and the closer you get to emotional health.

And keep in mind that staying in touch with him while he carries on his affair makes you look unattractive. This is why Dr Harley does not women in Plan A more than 3 weeks. It makes them look worse, not better.

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
The text that came through before I got them successfully blocked: he is able to get off work Dec 17-24 and wants to take the 3 older kids out of state to visit his family, at least part of the time. I know the kids want to go see their grandma, it's our tradition to go on or near Christmas. Please advise.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
The text that came through before I got them successfully blocked: he is able to get off work Dec 17-24 and wants to take the 3 older kids out of state to visit his family, at least part of the time. I know the kids want to go see their grandma, it's our tradition to go on or near Christmas. Please advise.

Do they all know about his affair?

Exposure 101

W
W
Did you block his emails? You must! He'll be wanting to leave horrible messages to you. He'll need time to calm down.

W
W
Does your sister know what to say if he goes into a rage?

M
M
Originally Posted by wenang
Does your sister know what to say if he goes into a rage?

What do you mean?

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Do they all know about his affair?

Yes. I spoke to his mother and step dad on the phone, and I sent facebook messages to his brothers. And the kids know.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
Page 30 of 66 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation