Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 66 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 65 66
W
W
Like you, I was afraid to get him angry. I was afraid to disrupt his work. I was putting him and his needs before mine. It took me many many months to get my head put on straight. Why can't the grandparents drive to you? Can you ask them to do this for you? Wouldn't that solve the problem?

M
M
Originally Posted by jkwpurple
I don't know. I guess I just don't like it. Of course I don't like any of this. To visit his family is a full day's drive. 3 days is just not enough time to be worth the trip, because of how hard it is on the kids. The 8 days is what we typically try for. That's the reason I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do here - I don't have a really firm grasp on what I want. Well, want isn't the right word. What I can handle. Right now, if I told him it's just too hard on me for them to be gone that long, I think he would accommodate me. I think he's trying to make me be ok so he won't feel as guilty. I anticipate this changing a lot as soon as he finds out he's under investigation at work.

How about putting this decision to the side for now? You are just going into Plan B and you don't have to decide right now.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by wenang
Like you, I was afraid to get him angry. I was afraid to disrupt his work. I was putting him and his needs before mine. It took me many many months to get my head put on straight. Why can't the grandparents drive to you? Can you ask them to do this for you? Wouldn't that solve the problem?

Oh man, that is a question for the ages. We'll just say they don't do it.

It's tricky to separate out how to keep taking care of the kids while I stop taking care of him when the two intersect sometimes.

Yes, MelodyLane, I will quit thinking about it. He hasn't even asked my IM yet.

Me BW
Married 18 years before D-day
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
D-day - 10/14/14 Plan B - 11/30/14
G
OP Offline
G
I did it. Lodged a formal complaint. Spoke with the Commander of the precinct. Handed over his phone records.

Then I got my phone off his account, and blocked his calls through the Verizon website. If he tries to call, he'll get a Verizon message letting him know his number is restricted, and texts just don't come to me. I'll never even know he tried to call or text.

I'm completely emotionally drained.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
I did it. Lodged a formal complaint. Spoke with the Commander of the precinct. Handed over his phone records.

Then I got my phone off his account, and blocked his calls through the Verizon website. If he tries to call, he'll get a Verizon message letting him know his number is restricted, and texts just don't come to me. I'll never even know he tried to call or text.

I'm completely emotionally drained.

hugs to you friend. hug You did the right thing for your marriage. You gave him every opportunity to end his affair. Just hang tight. And have your sister contact me, please. I will be happy to help her.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Melody, I forwarded your email to her. You should be hearing from her soon.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
They did tell me that they didn't think he had done anything that would result in termination, so that was good news for me and the kids financially. They also said that since he is on a different shift from her now and is no longer supervising her they have no professional issue with what he is doing on his own time.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
They did tell me that they didn't think he had done anything that would result in termination, so that was good news for me and the kids financially. They also said that since he is on a different shift from her now and is no longer supervising her they have no professional issue with what he is doing on his own time.

WEll, that is good in one sense and bad in another because he will still have to find another job if you are to ever have any hope of saving your marriage. That job will kill your marriage.

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
I know melodylane.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
And so it begins. He just sent a message through my sister that he's not able to pick my son up from scouts tonight. He is supposed to be doing that and driving him home to me so I don't have to take the little kids out at bedtime to pick him up. And because he always has done it.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
A
A
Then he needs to make other arrangements.

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by apples123

Oh, I didn't think of that. I sent a message back that I would pick him up.

Edited to add: sent the message through my sister.

Last edited by jkwpurple; 12/01/14 07:12 PM.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
Message from my im: N says his shifts at work are changing, so he won't be able to have the kids as scheduled this week. He'll let me know when he knows more.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
Originally Posted by apples123

Oh, I didn't think of that. I sent a message back that I would pick him up.

Edited to add: sent the message through my sister.

jk, just plan on picking him up from now on. There are going to be many times he won't come through so you just need to accept that. Sorry. frown

Be sure and document every thing. Start a blog and record every event such as this.

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
jk, just plan on picking him up from now on. There are going to be many times he won't come through so you just need to accept that. Sorry. frown

Be sure and document every thing. Start a blog and record every event such as this.

That's kinda what I thought when I got the message.

Start a blog?

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
Right, you want to document everything. It will come in very handy some day!

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Like a public, online blog?

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M

oh no! Just your personal, private blog.

Exposure 101

B
B
Here you go. DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

G
OP Offline
G
I didn't know you could do that. Does that have a benefit over keeping notes on paper? Because it tracks when you add to it?

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
Page 32 of 66 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 462 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation