Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 35 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 34 35
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
You will also see in that article that I posted to you of "How Affairs Should end" that Dr. Harley recommends Anti-depressants. Will she see her doctor for some?
I will have to ask her that. She may but I think this is still. I am not sure she is at the "fix my marriage part yet" so I am not sure how in stone this is. She was willing to say what she did, and I did not want to push to hard - yet.

Can you plan a vacation away together? Just the two of you?
Money may be an issue, but Maybe. I don't think she's ready or yet "see's me that way".

Me: 35
Her: 31
Together: 05/03/2002
Married: 10/14/2004
Children: D10,D8,S5
Bomb: 08/26/2014
Wife's Affair Ended 10/01/2015
Reconciliation, without commitment .... Yet
G
G
With regard to addicts...addicts become addicted to a substance because it makes them feel good despite the world around them.

Your wife is in a special place because her substance is NOT making her feel good right now. This a time where you can capitalize on her realization that her addiction isn't making her happy. She knows her affair was wrong. She knows that her affair isn't making her happy right now. Punishment will not bring her back to you.

The way you break an addiction is to cut off the access to the substance. In this case, your wife is willing to be a part of that process. You absolutely need to be firm in getting her to cut off the other guy. You also need to FOLLOW UP with extraordinary precautions to HELP her maintain separation from her addiction. I emphasis HELP here because it is a mindset. You could view it as FORCE her to maintain separation, but the reality is that people have a tendency to RESIST FORCE. So a more approachable mindset is that you want to HELP her resist the addiction.

If she will let you, you really want to be around her as much as possible right now so that she can see that you still love her AND so that YOU can be the person she needs. (in a soulmate affair, she doesn't think you CAN be the person she needs. You have to prove her wrong)

S
S
Originally Posted by Billman12 on 8 November 2014
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Originally Posted by Billman12
No i did not email corporate, I emailed the Store manager.

You need to FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS on this website and email the letter to corporate senior officers (CEO and VP)

Done
What happened as a result of your workplace exposure? I can't find anywhere that you updated us on this.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
If they still work in the same workplace, this is hopeless.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
G
G
Another thing I think you should consider is being her champion.

I promise you that your wife is embarrassed right now. She is probably afraid of how to interact with you, your family, and your old friends. Figuring out how to integrate back into your old life can be a very daunting task. If you can find a way to tell your family (mother, father, kids?) that you and your wife are working on each other to rebuild your marriage, she will see your confidence in her and it will raise her up. Defend her when you can. If someone tries to give you crap about her, make sure she knows that you defend her mistake. She is not a bad person. She made a mistake and you STILL LOVE her.

When she talks about her affair, tell her thank you for trusting you with that information.

I went through the very same thing through which you are going. Only I was on the other side. My ex almost had me back, but right at the end, she punished me when I was the most vulnerable.

Like wonder said, addicts hit rock bottom. Who is going to be the person to pick her up? Hopefully you.

G
G
**edit**

moderator's note: DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD AGAIN!

Last edited by Denali; 12/08/14 01:10 PM. Reason: TOS NON MB ADVICE
S
S
I went to the house and we talked, I let her read some things about parents in the fog. She broke down. Then started talking to me about OM. And how she belives that he still loves his wife. She is prepping for no contact.
What does "prepping for no contact" mean? What did she say she is prepared to do? Is she prepared to leave her job?

Also, did she say anything during this conversation about getting back with you? Did she ask you to go home?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by goofedit
Originally Posted by SugarCane
If they still work in the same workplace, this is hopeless.
**EDIT**

Bull.

Why? What difference does it make if she ends it on her own or not as long as it ends. As quickly as possible.

No wayward fails to recover because their spouse "punished them when they were most vulnerable". You are laying way too much responsibility for the failure of your marriage and failure of your recovery at the hands of the betrayed spouse you committed to NOT CHEAT ON. Perhaps 4 years into recovery we could discuss a former wayward bailing on recovery in a "when to call it quits" manner where the betrayed spouse is still not moving on, not getting over it and just making everyone miserable still but that discussion is NOT to occur while contact continues and recovery hasn't even started.

Get out of here with this wayward enabling trite.

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by Billman12 on 8 November 2014
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
No i did not email corporate, I emailed the Store manager.

You need to FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS on this website and email the letter to corporate senior officers (CEO and VP)

Done
What happened as a result of your workplace exposure? I can't find anywhere that you updated us on this.

I believe that exposure in my case was not a good idea. She said everyone already knew - including work before I had exposed. her "best friend" whom is For the affair - is the one who gossiped it to everyone.

M
M
Originally Posted by goofedit
Like wonder said, addicts hit rock bottom. Who is going to be the person to pick her up? Hopefully you.

BUT...you are promoting and encouraging him to soften her fall. Sure he wants to be there to pick her up and support her as she crawls out of her hole but you are getting your cart before your horse.

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
B
OP Offline
B
I went to the house and we talked, I let her read some things about parents in the fog. She broke down. Then started talking to me about OM. And how she belives that he still loves his wife. She is prepping for no contact.
What does "prepping for no contact" mean? What did she say she is prepared to do? Is she prepared to leave her job?

Also, did she say anything during this conversation about getting back with you? Did she ask you to go home?

No she did not ask me to come home, nor did she specifically say anything about getting back together - not directly. She did state yesterday that she was looking for a new job, but I did not have her elaborate. I meant prepping, by her stating this " I think you are right and that is what I need to do". But she had to go to work. I did not want to force it on her so I will wait until our next moment before say more.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by MrWondering
BUT...you are promoting and encouraging him to soften her fall. Sure he wants to be there to pick her up and support her as she crawls out of her hole but you are getting your cart before your horse.

my thoughts are to be there to offer her a hand to stand up, but not pull her up. She will have to get up on her own, and stand for a bit on her own before we begin walking.

Last edited by Billman12; 12/08/14 01:20 PM.

M
M

It's tough to see the good this close in. If "everyone already knew" then there's absolutely nothing for her to be upset at you about. It shouldn't bother early recovery in the least and YOU got to demonstrate just how far you are willing to go to fight for your marriage and demonstrate that you cherish her and your marriage more than she probably suspected.

In fact, in time, your biggest regret won't be exposure but rather that you waited at all to actually do the exposure.

S
S

I believe that exposure in my case was not a good idea. She said everyone already knew - including work before I had exposed. her "best friend" whom is For the affair - is the one who gossiped it to everyone.
I am asking you what happened as a result. I am asking you about Corporate's response. How did they respond to you, and what did they do about their working together? If you wrote to the CEO and VP, they were obliged to respond to you.

I'm not asking how she felt about it or what she told you about other people already knowing. I'm not asking for fog babble.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
on the other hand, it's not uncommon for a wayward spouse to ACT like exposure wasn't a big deal, everybody already knew, blah, blah, blah as a manipulative technique to hopefully get you to STOP exposing. They may even indicate the are "willing to discuss ending the affair and reconciliation" as a means of tricking you into allowing them one more day or week with their affair partner.

You can bet there were a few key people that didn't know at the office that were left out of the loop. Like maybe the recently divorced and betrayed part owner or boss that could be your biggest ally by having a serious talk to your wife. One of the benefits of exposure is there are secret betrayed and former regretful wayward spouses everywhere that "get it" and are willing to share their experiences with someone they discover is in the midst of it. You find allies in strange places.

Mr. W

Last edited by MrWondering; 12/08/14 01:27 PM.

B
OP Offline
B
I'm not asking how she felt about it or what she told you about other people already knowing. I'm not asking for fog babble.

There was No response at all. and I emailed it to 3 addresses.

B
OP Offline
B
She is at work and this was the text I just got, I have not replied:

"Just because I said what I said today doesn't mean anything for us I appreciate you being there as a someone to talk to please try not to read to far into me speaking to you"

N
N
Looks like she felt herself being attracted to you, so now she's pulling back.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
B
OP Offline
B
I want to agree. What is my next step. My gut tells me a little distance is in order.

P
P
I want to agree. What is my next step. My gut tells me a little distance is in order.

Your next step is to continue Plan A. Plan A does NOT involve distancing yourself. If you distance yourself, you will appear uncaring and it will not be attractive to her. It will only drive her away.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Page 11 of 35 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 34 35

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 295 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation