Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 68 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 67 68
N
N
"As a general principle of law, truth is a defense to claims of slander and libel."

Google cheaterville.com slander

I think she can sue, but she can't win.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
B
B
Originally Posted by nmwb77
I think she can sue, but she can't win.
I don't think that I've read of a single story here of anyone actually being sued for telling the truth. Lots and lots of threats though!

After the OW/OM threatens, I wonder how long it takes them to realize that they'll have to drag their own big pile of dirty laundry through public court. laugh

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
P
OP Offline
P
Oh yeah, I'm not actually worried. I don't think that there is a lawyer that would actually take the case. I published her on like 6 sites. I also wrote the posts in the third person, so she'll have to subpoena the sites to get the IP address to prove I posted in the first place.

The only thing is feel remotely bad about is publishing her phone number. But that's about it. I am sure she has changed it by now though. So, eh.

She has no libel case, of course. She can sue, but a typical libel case takes 4 years to settle and only 13% are won.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
N
N
I feel good about publishing OW's phone number. Shortly thereafter she shut down her Facebook account, so it must have hit its mark.

The possibility of getting sued is extremely remote. The possibility of threats is 100%. My WW told me she was going to look into legal action (even though it was OW that I posted).

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
P
OP Offline
P
Oh Yeah,

My WH told my IM that he wouldn't let me move (well, not me, but my daughter) if I didn't take down the cheaterville. Then about two hours later he texted her saying that he would let OW deal with it on the advice of his lawyer. That probably did not go down well with OW.

Since Cheaterville was taken down and I put all the other ones up, I don't think he has said anything. My IM might not be telling me, but generally if its something legal, she'll say something.

Yeah and OW started putting up actual boundaries because of all this by closing accounts, etc. Probably for the first time in her life. It must be difficult for a narcissist to do!

N
N
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet
Yeah and OW started putting up actual boundaries because of all this by closing accounts, etc. Probably for the first time in her life. It must be difficult for a narcissist to do!

I noticed that. It looks like she's tried to go into hiding. smile Good job!

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks. Sometimes I don't feel very Christian about the whole thing, but then I remember that sin is ugly.

I do find it amazing that there are people our there who hate me for telling people about this or posting her. Really? What's worse here. I've lost my marriage and you are worried about people googling her. Ridiculous.

A
A
Anyone with their panties in a wad over a cheater exposure site (or exposure of the AP) is sort of missing the point.

This a community service to reveal the behavior of these people. Along the same lines as a sex offender registry. It's there for prevention as much as anything.

People who hate you for it are people who are her friends, and would probably feel very different if it was their significant other that she had become entangled with.

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
N
N
Yep, one of the people I reached out to for help was my wife's coworker who is a pastor's wife. I thought surely she'd talk to my wife, because she knew my wife was a Christian. Instead, she blocked me from further contact and, according to my wife, told her that I must be crazy and potentially dangerous for exposing the affair. Really? Who's irrational, the guy trying to save his marriage or the pastor's wife who's encouraging adultery?

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
P
OP Offline
P
nmwb77-- WW will tell you that EVERYBODY thinks you are crazy, when in fact it's just a couple of people who are uncomfortable with the whole thing. I got a ridiculously nasty text from one person, but that was really it. I know that others are kind of two-faced, saying they think it's bad, but that they don't want to get involved and they never say anything to him.

I have realize that confronting evil isn't for the faint of heart. They would rather think that it's a "personal problem" and ignore it. WH thinks these people are his real friends. He doesn't realize that they will drop him like a hot potato the second it doesn't suit them. If your friend is not willing to tell you the truth, that person is not a friend.

In any case, he messaged my IM today asking for half the deposit on our old apartment...while he hasn't given me a dime for our child since I moved. Yeah, no. The fact that he is asking for any money at all is extremely ridiculous given that I lost my job because of this situation. So, no, he isn't getting it. Let him sue me over it.

He also requested to met with me in person the next time he comes to visit DD about her expenses. Again, no. Does he think he's sly with that one?

In PW news, I interviewed for a great job. I am still in the running, but they don't want to hire until April, which is a bummer. But, should I still need a job then, I do hope I get it. It's a great fit. I am also planning Little PW's third birthday party and she is doing well in her swim lessons!

N
N
I hope you get that job (or a better one in the meantime). I almost lost my job, too. I've been a zombie the past eight months or so. I finally pulled myself together last week.

It's great that Little PW is learning to swim. That's such a cute age!

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
P
OP Offline
P
WH is trying to insert a "non-disparagement" clause into our post-nup and parenting agreement that says that I will not disparage him or any of his friends. Lol.

My lawyer, thank goodness, thinks this is totally out of line. I am going to talk with her tomorrow, but I believe that my best bet now is to just let this stupid post-nup go and just wait another two months to file for divorce.

The non-disparagement thing feels like the final straw. Now he is trying to LEGALLY protect himself and her from me telling the TRUTH. It's totally and utter ridiculous.

My lawyer is totally baffled as to the reason that he would put that in a post-nup and not file for divorce. I just told her that none of it will make any sense. He'll try to hold on to me as an option while simultaneously having an affair.

It's hurtful, of course, but I know he is totally wacked-out as well. I know someday he will regret his choices, but I am closing the door on this now. He is willfully choosing to live this way, when I gave him many chances not to. He wants what comes cheaply--love without care or responsibility. That will never work out, of course and I take some solice in that. It won't put my family back together, but I know Little PW and I will be OK. There is grace and healing for a lot of things, even this.

N
N
Or any of his "friends"? Gee, I wonder who he could be referring to...

God bless you, PW. You and Little PW will be fine.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
P
OP Offline
P
I do envy some of you men who are going through this who don't have kids (envy is not the right word, but I can't think of the right one). It's easier for men to find someone new and it's much easier without kids. Divorcees are sort of considered the bottom of the barrel. I think, who would want to step into the this whole mess, even though I am pretty awesome and little PW is extremely awesome.

I know I shouldn't worry about this right now, but I do. I don't want to be alone and I wanted to have more kids.

N
N
You shouldn't worry about it. I'm not getting any younger, and I think it might be ideal to find a widow or divorcee that already has children. There will be someone out there that will adore your little PW.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
R
R
Divorcees are not considered the bottom of the barrel.

There are many people (including other divorcees who tried to save their marriages) who think it shows a sign of strength and fortitude in a potential mate.

I
I
Divorcees are sort of considered the bottom of the barrel.

Excuse me but I'm not the bottom of the barrel! Nor are you!

The dating scene post 25 is so crammed with serial renters and separated married people that you and your no mess Plan B puts you in a very elitist minority. You will be sought after because there ISNT any mess.

It will be easier than you think to attract suitors. The hard part is to find the right one for you and your kids.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

I
I
WH is trying to insert a "non-disparagement" clause into our post-nup and parenting agreement that says that I will not disparage him or any of his friends. Lol.

My lawyer, thank goodness, thinks this is totally out of line. I am going to talk with her tomorrow, but I believe that my best bet now is to just let this stupid post-nup go and just wait another two months to file for divorce.

Translation: Waaaaaaahmbulance! Want to do what I want and control everything! S'not fair! Don't like mummy!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
OP Offline
P
LOL...Indiegirl. Yeah, what a nut. Now he is saying he wants an itemized bill for child support. Ridiculous.

And yes, you are right, we are not bottom of the barrel. I'm actually very much a catch--well educated, great career (until the layoff blip), pretty darn attractive, good mom. His loss.

OW is a trainwreck. So let him have his trainwreck. Let's see how that turns out. Foolish, foolish man.

P
OP Offline
P
She got herself taken off of liarscheatersrus and playerblock.

Cheater Registry and badboyreport are still up.

Page 35 of 68 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 67 68

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation