Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 68 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 67 68
P
OP Offline
P
He is nearly an hour late with drop off.

I just left to do errands and stopped waiting. I told my IM not to contact him, but just tell him that since he was late, I left, if he contacts her.

I had errands to run.

Did the right thing?

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
B
B
Did WH move to SoCal?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
P
OP Offline
P
No, he just took her for the weekend. Stayed with his cousin, I think.

P
OP Offline
P
This is like torture. I keep thinking that he will take her to back to Oakland (although chances are small given his nomadic lifestyle and lack of responsibility.

B
B
I think your IM should contact him and ask him where he is and when he is returning DD. That's what the IM is there for.

ETA: IM should state that he is an hr late so it is documented.

Last edited by black_raven; 02/09/15 03:16 PM.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
J
J
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet
He is nearly an hour late with drop off.

I just left to do errands and stopped waiting. I told my IM not to contact him, but just tell him that since he was late, I left, if he contacts her.

I had errands to run.

Did the right thing?

This is what I've started to do.
I wait 30-60 minutes, document it (by audio and video) and then leave. make sure you document you were at the pickup point on time. This can be done with a time stamped video, or even going to the local gas station and buying a cup of coffee and saving the receipt.
He may be like my ex wife and just not care about protocol. She is late more than 50% of the time and I just expect it always.

P
OP Offline
P
Now he is sitting in my driveway. I can see him from a few blocks away. This Gus is relentless. I'm not sure what to do.

Of course, I come back and he is there.

B
B
If no one else is at your house, just scoop up DD and go in your house. Ignore him. Don't engage in an argument.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

B
B
Actually, legally he does have to tell me. It is in our parenting agreement and it is the law...

There is a parenting agreement? I thought he didn't sign anything. dontknow

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

P
OP Offline
P
Did then scooping and ignoring. I tried to think of a way to go around back, but I couldn't do it without him seeing me.

The parenting agreement has not been signed. I took ML's advice and stopped asking.

P
OP Offline
P
My father doesn't want WH waiting on his property. Should I tell IM to tell him that?

B
B
I would wait until his next visitation. When is the next time he will get DD?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

M
M
PW, you did the right thing in not contacting him. Plan B means you don't contact him. If he hasn't signed your parenting agreement, then have your lawyer handle it.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
My father doesn't want WH waiting on his property. Should I tell IM to tell him that?

What do you mean by that? Why would he be waiting on his property? And no, I would not have your IM contact him.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
OP Offline
P
I am staying at home (the house I grew up in) while I look for a job and get on my feet. My father doesn't want my WH to park in the driveway or wait on the porch of the house with my DD, which is what he did today. If he is late and I am not there, he wants him to wait elsewhere.

I just walked straight past them both and opened the door and stood behind it while my daughter walked in. He made some comment that I treat him like a leper and tried to put her bag in the door. I just (gently) shut the door before he could do that. He left the bag outside the door and I got it later.

My lawyer won't be able to enforce anything since we are still married (even if we weren't I am not sure how this would be enforced). I will just leave if he is more than 15 mins late and he will have to deal with it. No talk, just action.

M
M
I am staying at home (the house I grew up in) while I look for a job and get on my feet. My father doesn't want my WH to park in the driveway or wait on the porch of the house with my DD, which is what he did today. If he is late and I am not there, he wants him to wait elsewhere.

I would ask your dad to handle this directly since it shouldn't be coming from you. That is pretty radical that he won't allow him to drive in the driveway and drop your DD off. How does he want your DD to get to the door? Or does he only mean when he is late?

Exposure 101

P
OP Offline
P
He just means he wants him to park on the street and not hang out on the porch if I or someone else is not there. He can walk her to the door. My dad hates him and very much does not hide it.

Last edited by PigletWiglet; 02/09/15 08:14 PM.

M
M
I gotcha. Cant say I blame him! Do you have a set visitation calendar?

Exposure 101

P
OP Offline
P
Yeah, my lawyer and I are working out tweaks to it, but it's set for the next few months. Mostly one visit a month and a couple of months with two visits and two week long visits to his parents, and he wants Christmas. This is for the whole year.

P
OP Offline
P
I would prefer she didn't go for Christmas, but I kept her for both thanksgiving and Christmas this year, so it seems fair ( although I don't like it).

Page 39 of 68 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 67 68

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation