Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 68 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 67 68
J
J
Good.
Just keep focusing on moving forward in life.
Im actually familiar with N California. I used to work all over there.
And I spent a while at Disneyland last summer! Im from San Diego.

J
J
Warriors, A's, and Raiders. East Bay style.

You handled things well with your WH. This won't be so hard later. You are in the process of bouncing back.

P
OP Offline
P
He's in the "OC now -----!!!" Ha! Does anyone remember that show!! If I had handled it Oakland style, he would have remembered.

Honestly, the purposefully camping out in front of the house in order to get a glimpse of me is hilariously amusing. He did it three times this weekend. To what end? He likes to tell his lawyer I won't talk to him so she can tell my lawyer that I am not "co-parenting" with him. He has never once told his lawyer what vital piece of information I have withheld from him. Meh.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
P
OP Offline
P
I took Melody Lane's advice and asked about the slight schedule change (through my IM), and now I regret it. I just don't want to have anything to do with him. My dad really wants to take her to the event though. No more changes after this.

L
L
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet
He's in the "OC now -----!!!" Ha! Does anyone remember that show!! If I had handled it Oakland style, he would have remembered.

Honestly, the purposefully camping out in front of the house in order to get a glimpse of me is hilariously amusing. He did it three times this weekend. To what end? He likes to tell his lawyer I won't talk to him so she can tell my lawyer that I am not "co-parenting" with him. He has never once told his lawyer what vital piece of information I have withheld from him. Meh.

Have you ever read the link for "Parallel Parenting" instead of trying to fight through this co-parenting chaos?

LTL

L
L

P
OP Offline
P
Hi LTL,

Yes, I have. The ridiculous lawyers are constantly trying to push co-parenting on me. I have so far resisted.

I don't do anything at all to facilitate the relationship between them besides provide him skype access. I have so far decided to do the following:

1) Try not to change the schedule
2) Not ask him where is going to be staying with her
3) Not tell him when she is sick unless it's an emergency.

For example, my lawyer recommended that I "facilitate" their skype calls by sitting in front of the computer with her and saying nice things about him, etc. I will do no such thing. I turn it on and walk away. I only get involved if there is a technical glich and even then, I stay out of the frame.

P
OP Offline
P
I have just contacted a lawyer here in OC who knows about parallel parenting. I have to get a new lawyer anyway since I will be filing in OC and my current lawyer is in Alameda.

I
I
A new lawyer is a must have. I see the Skype calls as a huge problem and you need to get a creative mind on that.

Interview lawyers experienced in high conflict problem spouses.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
OP Offline
P
The skype calls are fine now. I just put it on and walk away.

The bigger issue is just not having to "co-parent" at all and not having that pushed on me.

L
L
I have just contacted a lawyer here in OC who knows about parallel parenting. I have to get a new lawyer anyway since I will be filing in OC and my current lawyer is in Alameda.

You are doing Great PW.

You take the actions needed, when they are needed.

Remember, you will land on top when the dust clears. I sense a lot of perseverance to sticking with doing the right things to get through Any Adversity that confronts you.

LTL

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks LTL!

Everyone, just pray for the resources to get a new lawyer. I'm really in a bind without a job. I really want to interview the one I contacted yesterday, but he charges 300 just for the first consult.

L
L
Thanks LTL!

Everyone, just pray for the resources to get a new lawyer. I'm really in a bind without a job. I really want to interview the one I contacted yesterday, but he charges 300 just for the first consult.

Ask if he will waive the consult fee if you retain him? Or, make it a reasonable fee of $50.00 to $75.00 to prove your serious and invested in pursuing this.

Tell him that is a big obstacle in considering their services.

Negotiate.

LTL

P
OP Offline
P
I just tried it. He told me is minimum retainer was 5k and wished me well. Lol.

A
A
Wow, that is crazy! 5x what I paid for my divorce.

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
L
L
Ouch. The ones I looked at charged $200 for first consult (not in CA). I ended up just filing the forms on my own for $272 dollars. But then, I didn't have a kid. Sorry you are having to deal with that.

Can your Dad help?

J
J
Ask him if he knows of good family law attorney who charges less.

When I filed, I asked an attorney I knew if she could direct me to a strong divorce attorney who could protect my children from my WW's OM. The attorney she referred me to took a call from me at no charge. During the conversation, he told me I could not afford him, but he referred to me to a pit bull attorney who was significantly cheaper. Worked out well.

P
OP Offline
P
Ok, asked. I already have spent way too much money, when we really don't have anything since I supported us for so long alone. I would feel much more secure with good representation. I'll need to figure things out on a shoestring. I could probably do the paperwork myself and have it checked by the courts free legal services and just pay for advice.

P
OP Offline
P
OK, that lawyer is a jerk. I asked him for a referral and he basically said that he didn't have anyone to refer me to and that I get what I pay for. Geez. He could have just ignored me.

Back to the drawing board.

I
I
I'd try a women's shelter and ask if they know anyone who does pro bono or legal workshops for battered women.

My lawyer does this and the experience makes her excellent with waywards.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Page 40 of 68 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 67 68

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 430 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation