Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 68 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 67 68
B
B
He could send you a check or a grocery store gift card even if he was serious about helping you. I would not give him your SSN or even DDs (good if he is too lazy to look for them or has no document to refer to them.) He may want them to file taxes.

I would not want him controlling my medical coverage either. You would be at his mercy if he stopped paying the premiums and it would keep a door of contact open.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
I
I
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet
No, he has an idiot attorney. She is one of his clients and is friends with his mistress. She even knows me and she is helping him. I'm not sure of he is paying her or not. My lawyer doesn't think she knows what she is doing because she oy moonlights (she mostly works as a PI).

Nice!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
OP Offline
P
He sent over a message that he bought her coverage (on he last day of open enrollment) so he must have found her SSN somewhere. I just got these messages this morning and now open enrollment is closed, so yeah. Even if I had wanted him to buy my insurance, its too late now. I am just going to wait on the medi-cal and see if I get it. I'll just need it for a few months before I get a new job.

Now I wonder if he got her coverage here in southern cal or in northern cal? Should I ask this? I could imagine he got her coverage with whatever address he is using and bought himself coverage as well.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
L
L
The employment offered health insurance policies that I searched when I was offering insurance to my employees was based on either the Individual Coverage only, or Family Coverage. You didn't pick and choose which family members were included or excluded for the Family Coverage.

LTL

B
B
I would have IM request that he forward DD's healthcard. He would even get a temporary card or online document of some sort with info if there is any coverage/enrollment. WH would have to provide this to you in a divorce.

Even w/o the D filed, a medical provider can't bill the insurance with no info should DD need treatment. I don't think there is a difference in coverage by being in the north vs the south. The carrier would provide state and out-of-state network coverage.

If he doesn't cough over a card or document to show enrollment while waiting to get the permanent card then I would assume he is full of it.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
P
OP Offline
P
No, this is not employer coverage. It is covered california (obamacare) because his job doesn't provide insurance.

Also, you usually can exclude family members. You can have just yourself and kids and exclude a spouse (some people do this if their spouses have insurance through their own jobs).

And yes, managed care is location based. That is the whole rational of an HMO. I can't go to a physician out of network. The networks are location based. Covered CA plans are HMOs. I had this issue when my daughter was born because my HMO was in San Francisco and hers was in Oakland. Its a long story, but they tried to make me pay a bunch of money for my daughter's care in SF after she was born.

The coverage wouldn't start until March, so I'll have my IM request a card then.

In the meantime, my kid and I should qualify for Medi-Cal, so I should be fine. And I will get good coverage with a job. I wasn't worried about it in the first place really. He volunteered, which is fine. Now let's see if he follows through.

Last edited by PigletWiglet; 02/16/15 12:24 PM.

B
B
And yes, managed care is location based. That is the whole rational of an HMO. I can't go to a physician out of network. The networks are location based. Covered CA plans are HMOs. I had this issue when my daughter was born because my HMO was in San Francisco and hers was in Oakland. Its a long story, but they tried to make me pay a bunch of money for my daughter's care in SF after she was born.

I have never heard of such a thing. Glad I never had to deal with this. Sounds crazy and dumb. crazy

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

P
OP Offline
P
California is crazy and dumb. It's a big state, so that is part of it. The only thing he could have possibly done that would bypass this is get her Kaiser, which you can use out of your region. It's a possibility.

Honestly though, its better to get her medi-cal here anyway in case he loses is job or moves without a job. I am pretty sure I'll have a job in a few months, so I am not too worried. I have prospects at two great companies, both of which have great perks like gyms and on-site daycare and such. Either would be great.

P
OP Offline
P
Indiegirl,

I tried to notify the admins about getting your email. I am not sure if I am doing it wrong. However, please feel free to get mine from the admins if you are still willing to be an IM for me.

Thanks!

B
B
I have asked that you be given my email and still nada.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

I
I
Indiegirl,

I tried to notify the admins about getting your email. I am not sure if I am doing it wrong. However, please feel free to get mine from the admins if you are still willing to be an IM for me.

Thanks!

I will. Haven't seen anything.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
OP Offline
P
OW got a lawyer to send me a cease and desist letter for the internet exposure threatening criminal and civil action.

B
B
LOL since you are done exposing her, it doesn't matter anyway but you can smile that you obviously got to her. grin

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

P
OP Offline
P
I know...it's silly. I have contacted her exactly once to tell her to leave my husband alone.

Blah. It's dumb.

P
OP Offline
P
I really want my lawyer to tell him that I am filing for divorce at this point, but I know that would be dumb. I'm not sure why he thinks I would just want to do a post-nup at this point.

Funny thing--the letter mentioned ruining her academic reputation...so her academic advisors did that anonymous cheaterville post then. Lol.

N
N
I think actions are what ruin a reputation. You didn't ruin anyone's reputation. All you did was let people know what kind of person she is.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
P
OP Offline
P
Agreed nmwb77! The only thing this did was made me even more angry and disappointed with WH for giving her my address.

How did your thing go by the way? did the judge throw it out?

N
N
My thing is still ongoing. Turns out it's an actual defamation lawsuit. But it also turns out I have an umbrella policy that will pay my legal expenses, hopefully for a verrrrrry thorough discovery process. She's going to regret it when all is said and done.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
A
A
The only thing this did was made me even more angry and disappointed with WH for giving her my address.

I hear ya on this one. It was clear from reading the paperwork from the RO the OM in my situation filed that my WW had provided him a substantial amount of information about me.

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
A
A
Originally Posted by nmwb77
My thing is still ongoing. Turns out it's an actual defamation lawsuit. But it also turns out I have an umbrella policy that will pay my legal expenses, hopefully for a verrrrrry thorough discovery process. She's going to regret it when all is said and done.

I think the fact that it's an actual lawsuit makes your odds better. Lawsuits of this nature are usually expensive and lengthy and it's hard to imagine OW will have the determination required to see it through. She's probably hoping you will settle rather than fight it.

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
Page 44 of 68 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 67 68

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 441 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation