Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 66 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 65 66
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Are you getting any exercise? Walks or bike rides or a workout video at home?

I can't tell you how much better I felt when I threw myself into exercising when I was going through my H's affair.

Yes, that's another thing I just started last week. I have a group of friends who are meeting to walk once a week, and another friend just asked me yesterday of I want to start going to the gym with her. I should be able to do that once a week. And then I just started mowing the lawn yesterday. That was always WHs thing. It kinda kicked my butt. But I figure that's good for one more day a week. I definitely slept better last night.

Me BW
Married 18 years before D-day
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
D-day - 10/14/14 Plan B - 11/30/14
B
B
Originally Posted by jkwpurple
Are you getting any exercise? Walks or bike rides or a workout video at home?

I can't tell you how much better I felt when I threw myself into exercising when I was going through my H's affair.

Yes, that's another thing I just started last week. I have a group of friends who are meeting to walk once a week, and another friend just asked me yesterday of I want to start going to the gym with her. I should be able to do that once a week. And then I just started mowing the lawn yesterday. That was always WHs thing. It kinda kicked my butt. But I figure that's good for one more day a week. I definitely slept better last night.
Good, it helps me sleep better also. I'm glad you're doing well jk.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

G
OP Offline
G
Good, it helps me sleep better also. I'm glad you're doing well jk.

I don't know if I'd say I'm doing well. I'm barely hanging on. My house is a wreck, my kids are a wreck. I'm kind of obsessing. But I figured before I talk to the dr about adjusting my ad meds I should do what I can to make myself feel better.

The combo divorce papers/milestone birthday/sister wedding has been a lot to handle.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
P
P
My heart pours out for you. So many of us Plan B women have been right where you are (and still are). But take comfort that you are taking the right actions for yourself and your kids.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks piglet. I've been thinking about you. How are you doing?

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
P
P
I am ok. I filed for divorce on Friday and am at peace with that decision. The lengths that he is going to in order to get the internet posts of her taken down just highlights how absurd he has become and how much he has put her above our marriage and child. I will get him served this week.

I got a contract position, which is great. I am also spending a lot of time with friends and my dad, doing activities with my little one and buying cute clothes. I am also spending a lot of time with God. I fasted this week and finally broke my habit of checking up on him and the other woman through the internet (only checking his business site, but still that was enough to trigger me). And that has made a huge difference. I will never go back to doing that. I already know what he is doing-he is having an affair. I don't need to know anything beyond that.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
G
OP Offline
G
I'm glad to hear you're finding some peace.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
My mil called yesterday. Just to chat and wish me a happy Easter and pretend nothing is wrong. Sigh.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
Once again WH neglected to pick my son up from scouts. This time he texted kiddo after we had left to go to scouts, and he had left his phone at home. Kiddo has asked him to not put him in the middle if he needs to get another way home. He said ok. But then he did it again. Why will he not let me know if he needs me to pick kiddo up?? It makes me so angry! I had to get the 4 year old back out of bed and go get him. I really want to say something to WH, or just not be where I'm supposed to be sometime. But I won't. I guess I'll just sit back and take it.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M
Once again WH neglected to pick my son up from scouts. This time he texted kiddo after we had left to go to scouts, and he had left his phone at home. Kiddo has asked him to not put him in the middle if he needs to get another way home. He said ok. But then he did it again. Why will he not let me know if he needs me to pick kiddo up?? It makes me so angry! I had to get the 4 year old back out of bed and go get him. I really want to say something to WH, or just not be where I'm supposed to be sometime. But I won't. I guess I'll just sit back and take it.

Just document it. His consistent pattern of no shows makes you look like the more stable parent.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Just document it. His consistent pattern of no shows makes you look like the more stable parent.

I did, but what do I need this for?

The thing is, he knows that the kid is fine. He's not sitting by himself on the curb waiting, he's inside with the scoutmasters and their kids having fun. The only one inconvenienced is me, and he just doesn't care. That hurts a lot.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
M
M

To show you are the more stable parent when custody is determined. I am confused why you would think a wayward is reliable. Just accept that he is not reliable and you won't be disappointed. Has he been reliable or stable in any way in the past year?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G

To show you are the more stable parent when custody is determined. I am confused why you would think a wayward is reliable. Just accept that he is not reliable and you won't be disappointed. Has he been reliable or stable in any way in the past year?

No, he's not being reliable. I don't really expect it. It just feels like a purposeful dig at me, and while I guess I should expect that by now it still hurts that my husband of almost 18 years is doing things like that. Surely that's understandable?

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
G
OP Offline
G
Feels like a dig at me that he won't just let me know I need to pick the child up. Flat refuses to contact my IM, even when the child has asked him to.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
S
S
Melody is right. Just expect it.

I could write a book on the things my W ex H has done to me and my kids in the past four years. It's everybody else's fault, never his. Waywards are big blamers and play the victim card every chance they get.

People who knew him growing up, like my BIL who has been friends with my ex since childhood cannot believe their ears when they hear some of the things that have been going on.

I actually view the fact that he is doing these things that you can document as a positive thing. Let him keep doing things that make him look bad should he choose to fight you for custody down the road...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
G
OP Offline
G
Four years of acting crazy, SusieQ? Do they just never act like themselves again?

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
B
B
Four years of acting crazy, SusieQ? Do they just never act like themselves again?
Not while they are wayward.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

G
OP Offline
G
Isn't four years a really long time?

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
B
B
It is, but if you read SusieQ's story you will find out this is OW4 (I think that's the correct number, correct SusieQ) that WXH is married to and they are constantly fighting and drama.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

G
OP Offline
G
It is, but if you read SusieQ's story you will find out this is OW4 (I think that's the correct number, correct SusieQ) that WXH is married to and they are constantly fighting and drama.

Oh gosh. SusieQ, I hope I didn't sound insensitive. I'm really just trying to understand all of this. I am grateful every day for this group of people who are so willing to share their experiences and give advice.

Me BW
Kiddos - 15, 13, 6, 1
Page 51 of 66 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 65 66

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation