Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19
T
OP Offline
T
By the way.. I know my wife very well. When it comes to our relationship, she has only acted out of emotion.. never logic. The fact that she stands the risk of losing her house, children, family, and financial support means nothing to her because she feels that she is "angry" about something. She never, never, never appologizes for anything in our years and years of marriage. I always reach out to her after every single fight. I had gotten used to living with her this way.. and I always loved her anyway. She has completely gone off the deep end... The idea that a rational person would at least try to pull a marriage back together after a minor emotional affair is completely lost on her. I love her.. but, there is something seriously wrong with her.

M
M
Originally Posted by typicalman
I stood by her side the entire time even though she ignorned me while I was there (quite embarassing)... but he was there and nothing happened. She was just angry with me for "running off her friend".

I am really shocked that you would agree for her to see her boyfriend much less go with her. This reflects an extreme amount of enabling and capitulation. I can why your wife is so hostile. You don't seem to give a damn about your marriage.

Can you explain why in the world you would agree to go with her to see her boyfriend? I find that shocking in its complacence.

Even if I run him off for real.. which I can do.

Really? I would like to see this happen. Additionally, I would like to seee a more caring, proactive approach to your marriage. What do you do when your wife says she is going off to hang out in bars with losers?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

I
I
She is NOT a rational person. She is an addict.

It honesty doesn't matter who she used to be. Read the other threads. The other WWs spitting and hissing are exactly the same.

One WW had her husband committed, told him she hated him - he just shrugged it off. She told him she'd never forgive exposure and it humiliated her. Shrugged it off. She joined the OM in getting a restraining order against her husband. But the BH kept chasing him off.

Weeks later she fell into his arms and said she was so glad he'd never given up on her. OMs life was made so difficult he'd dumped her but her husband had persevered for her.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

I
I
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I stood by her side the entire time even though she ignorned me while I was there (quite embarassing)... but he was there and nothing happened. She was just angry with me for "running off her friend".

I am really shocked that you would agree for her to see her boyfriend much less go with her. This reflects an extreme amount of enabling and capitulation. I can why your wife is so hostile. You don't seem to give a damn about your marriage.

Can you explain why in the world you would agree to go with her to see her boyfriend? I find that shocking in its complacence.
?

X2 very uncaring.

I
I
The fact that she stands the risk of losing her house, children, family, and financial support means nothing to her because she feels that she is "angry" about something.

Right, while the other WWs did it because it would be good for their finances, marriage and reputation.

Good gravy man, she's nothing special.

M
M
By the way.. I know my wife very well. When it comes to our relationship, she has only acted out of emotion.. never logic. The fact that she stands the risk of losing her house, children, family, and financial support means nothing to her because she feels that she is "angry" about something. She never, never, never appologizes for anything in our years and years of marriage. I always reach out to her after every single fight. I had gotten used to living with her this way.. and I always loved her anyway. She has completely gone off the deep end... The idea that a rational person would at least try to pull a marriage back together after a minor emotional affair is completely lost on her. I love her.. but, there is something seriously wrong with her.

And there is also something very wrong with your approach. Rather than help your marriage recover, you have offered her "forgiveness" even though she has never ended her affair. Check this out:

Check this out:
Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley
The concept of unconditional love in marriage usually refers to a spouse�s lifelong commitment to care for the other spouse regardless of what the other spouse does. I�m in favor of a lifelong commitment to care regardless of unfavorable circumstances (health problems, financial setbacks, and other factors outside a couple�s control that can negatively impact a marriage). But I�m opposed to a lifelong commitment to care for a spouse when that spouse makes marriage-wrecking choices. It tends to give such people unrealistic expectations of entitlement�that they should be cared for, regardless of their willingness to care in return. Neglect and abuse characterize many marriages based on unconditional love. <----this is what has happened in your marriage. here

and this:

Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley
As it turns out, sacrificing your own pleasure so that your wife can be happy is the way to make her perpetually unhappy. Instead of making her feel fulfilled, it makes her feel frustrated, and you are likely to eventually give up. But if you meet her needs and resolve your conflicts enthusiastically, she will not only be happy and fulfilled, but you enjoy doing what it takes to make her happy for the rest of your lives together.
here

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
OP Offline
T

Really? I would like to see this happen. Additionally, I would like to seee a more caring, proactive approach to your marriage. What do you do when your wife says she is going off to hang out in bars with losers?

My wife told me that she was going. I do not have a choice. She said that I could go or stay home and that was my only choice. She made the bet that I would not go and she was shocked and angry that I went but I did.

What else can I do? Can I tell another adult what they can and cannot do? I thought that being by her side was the best approach to stand up for our marriage.. and at the same time avoiding any kind of fight with the OM.

I
I
You need to stop being so timid.

Why didn't your exposure targets come around and ask her if she could explain why she was flying off to see her boyfriend? Why wasn't she informed that you would do exactly nothing to help her see him? Why isn't OM in fear of legal action and public exposure? Why wasn't the party organizer or guests exposed to?

Can I tell another adult what they can and cannot do?

I'm just trying to imagine being told by my spouse that we are flying off to see the bit on the side... I can't.

It's only men who seem to fall for this 'you're being controlling' nonsense. Women sort it out.

With some heroic Plan A exceptions.

I could never be married to a man who would stand by the side of a decision to see my boyfriend!

I
I

My wife told me that she was going. I do not have a choice. OM.

This is what happens when the wayward drives the bus.

M
M
[
My wife told me that she was going. I do not have a choice. She said that I could go or stay home and that was my only choice. She made the bet that I would not go and she was shocked and angry that I went but I did.

What else can I do? Can I tell another adult what they can and cannot do? I thought that being by her side was the best approach to stand up for our marriage.. and at the same time avoiding any kind of fight with the OM.

I would have exposed her affair wide and far and made a major fuss about it. Going with her just smacks of enabling. I am unclear on how it was standing for your marriage by standing next to your wife and her boyfriend?

Like we have told you many, many times on this thread, if you want to turn this around, you need to expose her affair and run this guy off. It sounds like you have many other problems but that would be a great first step.

Exposure 101

M
M
[qand at the same time avoiding any kind of fight with the OM..

Have you ever confronted him about his affair with your wife?

Exposure 101

T
OP Offline
T
I need to know how to tell my wife that she can't go. Legally, what can I do? We are usually going to also see her family.. so it's not a trip purely to visit the OM. We just happen to be in the same town and she says "I'm going out tonight" I would love it if there is some way to forbid her from going and seeing her friends whom are toxic.. how do I do that? This is why I am on the forum.

T
OP Offline
T
[qand at the same time avoiding any kind of fight with the OM..

Have you ever confronted him about his affair with your wife?
No.. I'm happy to confront him and I think there is a good chance I could run him off for a while. At a bar with alcohol involved is not the right time or place for this confrontation, but I would be happy to do it. I have his phone number.. and I'd like to find his address too. Can I take legal action? That is only a possibility in some states I believe.

I
I
I need to know how to tell my wife that she can't go. Legally, what can I do? We are usually going to also see her family.. so it's not a trip purely to visit the OM. We just happen to be in the same town and she says "I'm going out tonight" I would love it if there is some way to forbid her from going and seeing her friends whom are toxic.. how do I do that? This is why I am on the forum.

I'd very much recommend full on snooping. You'd also get lots of dirt on the enabling friends.

Can you read the exposure thread in Melody Lanes signature? You need supportive exposure targets to help you drive home to her how skanky her behaviour is.

You can also expose OM to family, friends, and expose him online so his name is trashed in a Google search. Completely legal to tell the truth.

You should see what your legal options are with your local laws, ie restraining orders, alienation of affection, being named in any divorce he contributed to.

Who is this guy? Is he married, what's his line of work?

I
I
Here's a thread about confronting OM.

Good ways are confronting him publicly, at his workplace. Or calling him up to tell him you care about your wife and he is not welcome to contact her. OM are pansies so the hardest part will be not laughing as he wets himself.

You tell him he will never be accepted by the family and you will do everything in your power to keep her safe. Recording the discussion or having a friend along as witness is a good idea. Or to hold you back!

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...in=170321&Number=2791622#Post2791622

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by indiegirl

I'd very much recommend full on snooping. You'd also get lots of dirt on the enabling friends.

Can you read the exposure thread in Melody Lanes signature? You need supportive exposure targets to help you drive home to her how skanky her behaviour is.

You can also expose OM to family, friends, and expose him online so his name is trashed in a Google search. Completely legal to tell the truth.

You should see what your legal options are with your local laws, ie restraining orders, alienation of affection, being named in any divorce he contributed to.

Who is this guy? Is he married, what's his line of work?

Not married, self employed.. it's hard to make a good legal case because they have barely talked in months.. and all I do have is a couple weeks worth of texts with an "I love you", "I'm always there for you", "I miss you".. that sort of thing.. after that, the communications were all just normal.. Hi.. how are ya.. kind of stuff. This is a wishy-washy affair and hard to substantiate that it is an on going problem.. That makes the exposure so difficult. When I show people what I do have, there is no argument that it was inappropriate but that part of it seems to have completely stopped.

I think that the main issue that my wife possibly had was that if I cut her off from this individual, I would be cutting her off from other friends as well.

How do I step up the plan A so that she will want this relationship and all this other nonesense with the friends will not mean so much to her... ?

P
P
Typical wayward wife. Nothing new or surprising there. ANY BH could've written that.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

A
A
If you confront the OM in person, buy a VAR and wear it. It wouldn't be a huge surprise for him to try to say you assaulted him/threatened to hurt him and the VAR will exonerate you in a circumstance like that.

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
M
M
[ot married, self employed.. it's hard to make a good legal case because they have barely talked in months.. and all I do have is a couple weeks worth of texts with an "I love you", "I'm always there for you", "I miss you".. that sort of thing.. after that, the communications were all just normal.. Hi.. how are ya.. kind of stuff. This is a wishy-washy affair and hard to substantiate that it is an on going problem..

First off, you have to snoop to find something. As you said earlier, your wife told you to stop and you pretty much do what she dictates.

Secondly, just because lovers have "normal" crazy communications [what does that mean??] does not mean the affair is over. Any contact at all is a resumption of the affair. That would be like an alcoholic changing the name of his drinks to "business drinks" and pretending to be sober. Your wife and her boyfriend can't go back and be "friends" because their feelings have surpassed the romantic love threshold. So every time they communicate, those feelings are rekindled.

You really need to do some sleuthing and find out what is happening, because she very likely has other means of contact since you TOLD HER YOU WERE SNOOPING.

I see a lot of denial here..

Exposure 101

M
M
[

I think that the main issue that my wife possibly had was that if I cut her off from this individual, I would be cutting her off from other friends as well.

How do I step up the plan A so that she will want this relationship and all this other nonesense with the friends will not mean so much to her... ?

We told you. Expose the affair and run this man off. I would also do everything in your power to run off these toxic friends.

Exposure 101

Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 374 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation