Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19
T
OP Offline
T
She is on the run with my kids. I am horribly scared for them. Please help

M
M
Originally Posted by typicalman

At this point, I would call the police and see if they can bring your children home. I am sure her goal is to terrify and punish you using your children. Just be calm and get your kids.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
TM, it is not uncommon for a WS to act crazy for a few days after exposure in order to punish their BS and/or get a reaction. Don't allow yourself to be manipulated by her erratic behavior; that will make it worse!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M

Did you do this?
Originally Posted by Prisca
Follow through with what Jedi told you to do:

Originally Posted by Jedi
Call the school in the morning and ask if they are present. If they are not present, call Children Services and the Police.
Check your bank account balances.

Also contact a family law attorney. Tell the attorney that you are trying to save your marriage but want to protect your parental rights and want full custody of the kids if she leaves.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by black_raven
Check her credit card activity online. Have you secured your bank accounts?

Did you do this?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

At this point, I would call the police and see if they can bring your children home. I am sure her goal is to terrify and punish you using your children. Just be calm and get your kids.

Did you do this?

M
M

typicalman, people ARE helping. Are you listening and following up with what they recommend?

T
OP Offline
T
It's all done

T
T
typical,

It sounds like you're panicking and I can understand that, but take the spot-on advice from Jedi, Melody and NebDane - I.e. continue to check with their schools early each day, retain an attorney to represent you and your rights at this time, and file a report with your local police. I suspect that she is seeking shelter with her family members at this time to scare you. If her family lives near you, tell the police your situation and that you are concerned, and ask them to check with the family members to make sure both your W and your kids are okay. I agree with Melody in not trying to persist in trying to contact your W. Focus on the well-being of your kids.

Just saw your last post and it's not clear what you mean.

Tom

Last edited by Tom2010; 04/28/15 10:22 PM.
I
I
TM, she can't live off enabling friends indefinitely and you have legal rights she can't ignore. She has no plan whatsoever other than to make you panic. When her plan falls apart, yours will be intact.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

T
OP Offline
T
I know.

M
M
I know.

Please give us an update, typical man. Did she come home?

Exposure 101

T
OP Offline
T
She is on the run. Very far from here.

J
J
She is on the run. Very far from here.

What action have you taken?

N
N
What did the police say?

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
N
N
If she has fled as you described, get an attorney and get to court. This is what emergency hearings are for.

N
N
You are at war now, so you need to have that mentality. Your wayward has shown her true colors.

You are fighting for your marriage, but MOST importantly your KIDS.

DO NOT listen to any nonsense from her or her camp about exposure. It will a tactic they use, guaranteed.

You are in a legal fight now.

Tell us your updates, and plans.

T
OP Offline
T
Is there a leg to stand on?

J
J
Is there a leg to stand on?

What on earth are you talking about?
Why are you not answering any questions?

T
OP Offline
T
My wife saw an attorney, then fled the state with my children. There is no "rational" reason for her to have any fear to stay here... she is probably reasoning that the exposure is her reason and justification for leaving. I would not think that there is any legal basis for taking off with the children due to exposure particularly because a man is just trying to save his marriage and keep his family together. I am doing everything my attorney has advised to get my children (and hopefully my wife too) returned safely. I love all of them and their safety and well being is my primary concern. Is there any legal basis for or against exposure? What is wrong with asking friends and family to help support your marriage and how could that be justification for leaving with the children? I never thought my wife would leave our safe and loving home with our children.

Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 465 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation