Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19
T
OP Offline
T
yes, we are filed, and a standing order was filed. Not until the hearing date for the standing order can we get the order to bring the kids back which is > 3 weeks away. I'll be looking for any angle to get them back sooner.

M
M
Originally Posted by typicalman
yes, we are filed, and a standing order was filed. Not until the hearing date for the standing order can we get the order to bring the kids back which is > 3 weeks away. I'll be looking for any angle to get them back sooner.

I can't believe a court would let a parent take a child away unilaterally for 3 weeks. Have you asked around to see if another attorney thinks anything can be done faster? This is ridiculous.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
A
A
She has some of her own money stashed away. She put her attorney on my cc before I had a chance to shut it down. She will most likely go to her family who will support her in the short run. It's clear that she has had escape plans for some time.

Is her name on the credit card? If not, I wonder if you can dispute the charge.

I don't have experience with this, but I'm thinking that if the CC company starts investigating the transaction, the attorney may think twice about helping her any more if he thinks she may not be able to pay or if he loses this money.

BTW, I agree with everyone else who says to document everything especially things that show she is alienating you from your children. I believe there may be a conversation in here somewhere on how to document. (Be factual/objective not emotional in what you say. Put it in a notepad where ripped out pages are obvious.)

Good luck. This situation will get better.

T
OP Offline
T
I have a huge network of support here now.. and I am flexing every contact I have to find out. I can't believe either that someone can hurt a child like this and there is so little I can do in the short run. I also understand that it is the short run... I feel strongly that I will be able to protect my kids and take care of them in every way they need it longer term. I can't protect them completely from their mothers irrational actions and they are unfortunately learning the sad truth about their mother's selfishness. I would not speak ill of their mother too them, but her actions cannot be hidden. I feel horrible that they are going through it.. but it's the truth and better they find out sooner rather than later. No matter what.. their father loves them and will always be here fighting for them.

M
M
So while she's in another state, is she further away from OM? Is he still in the state you are in?

Have you confronted the OM? You need to tell him to get away from your wife and let him know that if she divorces you you will haul him into court and have him testify about how he alienated her affections from you.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
T
OP Offline
T
I told the OM to stay away from her. She is on her way to be close to where he is and where her family is. It will be several days of driving until they reach their destination.

P
P
Have you confronted the OM? You need to tell him to get away from your wife and let him know that if she divorces you you will haul him into court and have him testify about how he alienated her affections from you.
This is VITAL.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

N
N
I have a huge network of support here now.. and I am flexing every contact I have to find out. I can't believe either that someone can hurt a child like this and there is so little I can do in the short run. I also understand that it is the short run... I feel strongly that I will be able to protect my kids and take care of them in every way they need it longer term. I can't protect them completely from their mothers irrational actions and they are unfortunately learning the sad truth about their mother's selfishness. I would not speak ill of their mother too them, but her actions cannot be hidden. I feel horrible that they are going through it.. but it's the truth and better they find out sooner rather than later. No matter what.. their father loves them and will always be here fighting for them.

Please be aware that your WW is almost certainly poisoning your children against you. She's telling them all sorts of horrible things about you, and it will be hard for them not to believe them without you there to dispute her statements. They may be apprehensive when they first see you again.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
M
M
I told the OM to stay away from her. She is on her way to be close to where he is and where her family is. It will be several days of driving until they reach their destination.

I believe I would go there, too.

M
M
I would tell my boss that my wife had kidnapped my kids and taken them another state, and that I'd work on the road or as soon as I got back, but that I had to go to them. And I'd go. While the legal system works out the legal particulars.

M
M
typicalman, is there a restraining order against you? If not, go be with your family.

T
OP Offline
T
I can certainly make life very difficult for him if he does not stay away from her. Even if not, a relationship with him has very little to offer and it will collapse under it's own weight very quickly. Her fantasy will be short lived, but what happens from there is a big question. Will she get a moment of "clarity" and return? Alienation of affection laws exist in only a few states these days..

T
OP Offline
T
They are on the run right now.

B
B
They are on the run right now.
Who is on the run?

Can you go home?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

T
OP Offline
T
Wife and kids are on the run.

T
OP Offline
T
I have not left the house.

B
B
Originally Posted by markos
I would tell my boss that my wife had kidnapped my kids and taken them another state, and that I'd work on the road or as soon as I got back, but that I had to go to them. And I'd go. While the legal system works out the legal particulars.
^^^^ this.

Will you do this?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Alienation of affection laws exist in only a few states these days..

I wouldn't let that stop me from telling him I'll use it in court. Let him do his own legal research to find out if it'll work or not.

M
M
Originally Posted by markos
typicalman, is there a restraining order against you? If not, go be with your family.

P
P
It wouldn't be unusual for a WW to get a restraining order .....

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 242 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation