Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 41 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 40 41
G
OP Offline
G
Just letting everyone know I did file a report with the sheriff department just now. They said if I feel threatened by him tomorrow, to call ahead, and they will have someone here with me while he is here.

M: 47 H: 52
H asked for divorce: 3/31/15
H Moved out: 4/7/15
H Took divorce off the table: 4/17/15
I filed for divorce: 5/18/15
I entered Plan B: 5/21/15
G
OP Offline
G
I am going to run now to Wal-Mart, and get some new locks for the doors. I can't sleep anyway. Going to see if I can get the neighbor over early to change them out.

L
L
Originally Posted by Ginger872
Oh, and the smart recorder isn't working. I tried it on a phone call with my sister. It records me, but not her voice.

Sorry.

The App is called "Smart Voice"

That one works just like a tape recorder, but it's not for recording phone calls, just in person conversations.

I also use one that records both sides of All phone calls. It's App name is: "Call Recorder".

BUT..... You need to tweak the settings to record the other person speaking. The instructions that worked for me are written in ths comments/reviews right on ths App info page.

LTL

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by axslinger85
What we're talking about will make that very difficult for him and may actually discourage him from seriously considering divorce once he realizes what it will actually cost him.

Don't forget, he's been through this 2x before. He's told me before, he will do the DIY version of divorce, because it's much cheaper. I think that is what he is referring to when he's talking about legal separation.

I
I
He said he's outraged because of what I did to her. He said I was mean and vindictive and hurtful to her. He doesn't care what I do to him.

Translation - she's yelling at me to get my wife back under my boot!

Look at you go you rock star! You've definitely caused lots of trouble here.

Handy phrase: "I'm sorry your affair is so embarrassing to you."

Not proud and posing for the camera now are they?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

G
OP Offline
G
LOL.....I like that phrase, I'll have to write that down!

I was thinking about something on the way home from picking up the new door knobs and locks. So, if everyone was on her side, like he said they were calling me the psycho lady.........why would she have to close her page? If everyone was defending her, what's to be so ashamed of that you have to close your page? He is such a big liar!

P
P

I was thinking about something on the way home from picking up the new door knobs and locks. So, if everyone was on her side, like he said they were calling me the psycho lady.........why would she have to close her page? If everyone was defending her, what's to be so ashamed of that you have to close your page? He is such a big liar!

Mind said "everybody is so upset with you. They will never forgive you!" Yeahhhhhh right. I even got a cease and desist letter from a tort attorney hired by the other woman (that was delightful). The bottom line is that their upset that you are ruining their little fantasy. Don't let it get you down. Exposure is glorious. It may not work right away, but it is your best shot. And no matter the outcome of your marriage, it will hasten the inevitable death of their affair.

Last edited by PigletWiglet; 05/15/15 05:48 AM.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
U
U
He said he's outraged because of what I did to her. He said I was mean and vindictive and hurtful to her. He doesn't care what I do to him.

Oh call a whaaaaaaambulance! You were mean to the woman sleeping with your husband? Having an affair is the single meanest thing someone can do yet you are the 'mean' one trying to fight for your own marriage? You are mean for telling the truth about your own life?

Ridiculous. They think they are entitled to have an affair right in front of you while you cover for them. Don't listen to one self entitled word he says right now.

G
OP Offline
G
He said he never cheated on me! He justifies this because he said he no longer considers us husband and wife. It's just a technicality he said, a piece of paper.

L
L
Just letting everyone know I did file a report with the sheriff department just now. They said if I feel threatened by him tomorrow, to call ahead, and they will have someone here with me while he is here.

Take them up on their offer. Make sure they are present if and when he and the POSOW intend to show up, especially after he shows up trying to make a scene.

What a nice surprise, getting that dose of reality thrown in his face.

If he causes you fear and anxiety, follow up with any charges the police suggest.

LTL

L
L
He said he never cheated on me! He justifies this because he said he no longer considers us husband and wife. It's just a technicality he said, a piece of paper.

Most of the cheaters say this. Mine did too.

Ignore the Fog-Babble.

A conversation takes at least 2 people. If you disengage from listening to his outbursts, there is no words being exchanged.

LTL

G
OP Offline
G
Nearly every single one of her contacts has messaged me with a terribly nasty message!

M
M

So true!! And if their affair so wonderful what is wrong with spreading the good news?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Nearly every single one of her contacts has messaged me with a terribly nasty message!

Good.

You now know who the false friends are, unless you are talking about his or her friends.

Do you really want friends who support cheating?

It's all based on their lies.

The truth will surface and this WILL blow over.

LTL

G
OP Offline
G
It's still to new to me to see the light, or understand it. I just have a feeling it's gonna end badly.

B
B

Don't delete any. They may be useful later. Don't delete any affair related evidence. If you find it upsetting just don't read it but KEEP EVERYTHING.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
It's still to new to me to see the light, or understand it. I just have a feeling it's gonna end badly.

You need to understand that you had nothing to lose here because your marriage was already completely lost. Sure, he liked you being his "friend" but that is only because it made him feel better about sticking it to you. He wasn't warming up to you, he was just grateful you were enabling his affair.

I sort of doubt he has ever been held accountable for his affairs before so this is a very new thing for him. It seems to have had a major effect on him, so that is a good thing. Just hang in there and don't get upset. Your marriage was lost before yesterday and while it doesn't seem like it, this has given you a small chance. I will be honest and say that this is a long shot because your husband is a serial cheater. This is his pattern. He feels entitled to have affairs.

If it can be saved, we will help you do it!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M

Did you copy her friends list? Do you have her mothers contact information? I would try and find her right away and ask for her help. We have had many parents kill affairs.

Exposure 101

B
B
Are you still meeting the attorney this morning? Going to the bank?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
U
U

This was already ending badly Ginger. Your WH was having an affair right in front of you, and parading her around town, and about to file for divorce. All while you sat at home being his friend and enabling his destructive behavior, with the slim hope that he would come around on his own. This WAS bad. You were in a situation where you were not in control of your own life. You had handed the reigns to a fogged out serial cheating wayward to decide what to do with YOUR LIFE. How could that be any worse?

But now you have taken control of your own life back. You have made the bold decision to not enable his destructive behavior, or cover his lies. You have decided to fight for your marriage instead.

There is NO WAY it would have ended in reconciliation under the first situation. Perhaps he would have gotten bored with this OW and come back to you, but he would still be wayward and entitled and it would only be a matter of time until the next one.

There IS a small chance reconciliation will happen now, but it won't be 'marriage at all cost' but rather a marriage of extraordinary care where you do not get cheated on again. Anything less is a 'bad ending' isn't it?

Keep in mind that NONE of this was caused by your behavior, and it certainly wasn't caused by exposure. The fallout from his affair is caused by...HIS AFFAIR. His choice to have an affair is what is impacting him. You simply told people the truth about it. Any 'bad ending' you perceive from that is due to his behavior, not yours.

Page 11 of 41 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation