Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 41 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 40 41
G
OP Offline
G
I'm searching through her kids pages too. The OW doesn't have any descriptions on her photos, so I don't know who they are. The one photo I did find, all it says is "mom".

How do I go about finding a legal detective in our area?

M: 47 H: 52
H asked for divorce: 3/31/15
H Moved out: 4/7/15
H Took divorce off the table: 4/17/15
I filed for divorce: 5/18/15
I entered Plan B: 5/21/15
G
OP Offline
G
Thank you for the explanation Melody. smile

I
I
Just read this on the thread I posted to you.

Originally Posted by Reva
The WS has a long time to craft their story and lies whereas the BS is stunned and in shock when discovery occurs. The BS couldn't be more vulnerable and is probably grasping at anything to make sense of what's happening. That includes hanging on the WS's every word in the hope that this terrible chaos and betrayal can be explained.

I was in no shape to decipher lies from facts. Whenever I'd faced strife before the person I turned to for clarity and comfort was my husband. Now, not only couldn't I turn to him, he was the cause for the strife. He wouldn't let up on his line, "You haven't loved me for years." He completely re-wrote our history together. I was in such shock I couldn't understand what he was saying. When I questioned what he was saying, he just became more emphatic about his stance.

I write this to underline how vulnerable you are - the affair needs you to be its punching bag. You write about feeling discarded, like an old rug (I felt like an unwanted pet) but it's actually far worse than that. They never totally discard you. They will show up at your door and blame you for any discord or unhappiness between them two.

You need SUPPORT from your exposure cavalry, shooting down your attackers for you, and you also need ESCAPE in the form of Plan B.

Knowing he is not really your husband, but an alien mind takeover won't make it hurt less. You are in the habit of believing him when he speaks and on some level will doubt yourself whenever he attacks you.

Don't fear Plan B it is amazing and life changing.

Last edited by indiegirl; 05/16/15 09:53 AM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

G
OP Offline
G
Found one. Waiting for a call back.

G
OP Offline
G
indiegirl, the info you shared describes me to a "T". You always have such great info.

I don't fear Plan B, not at all. I will welcome the peace and quiet. I just fear the days when he is here working on the garage. I have to be out of my home, my comfort, knowing he is here, alone. He broke his way into the room in the barn yesterday, but I don't know what he took, the boat motors are still there, along with the wood he wanted. He took the boat without communicating with me, and the officer just let him take anything he wanted, saying it's "marital property". I get that, but shouldn't we both be in agreement?

I am going to load up the most valuable things, put them in my horse trailer, and bring them down to the neighbors. I don't trust him not to take, take, take. If he would do it by communicating with me, and he and I deciding what we each get........different story completely.

M
M
Originally Posted by Ginger872
indiegirl, the info you shared describes me to a "T". You always have such great info.

I don't fear Plan B, not at all. I will welcome the peace and quiet. I just fear the days when he is here working on the garage.

This won't work. He shouldn't be hanging around if you are in Plan B. How long will it take for him to finish the garage?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
R
I am the one who mentioned you can file for legal sep at a court house in the family law dept.
Yes. Talk to a lawyer first about the best way to do that.
But, you can do it to save money.
A lawyer doesn't need to bill you time for filling it out or filing it if you go yourself.
There are, as far as I have seen, people at the court house in the filing area to help you go through the steps.
The plus to doing it is that once it is filed, your H is messing with the law if he runs up more debt and you can legally extract yourself from the restaurant debacle sooner rather than later.

I
I
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

I don't fear Plan B, not at all. I will welcome the peace and quiet. I just fear the days when he is here working on the garage.

This won't work. He shouldn't be hanging around if you are in Plan B. How long will it take for him to finish the garage?

She was planning to go into Plan B on Wednesday, after he's finished his few days cleaning out stuff.

Read this thread on Plan B preparation.

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2482787

M
M
Ginger, are you certain he will be done with the garage next week? Because once you go into Plan B, it will be important that he is not hanging around.

Also, since you are his wife, he can't put the house on the market without your signature. Does he believe otherwise?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

I
I
Last night I guess the OW called the police on ME, after the Exposing to her friends. Except what happened is she had a warrant out for her arrest, and they went after her, and arrested her. My H took $500 out of the till to bail her out..

rotflmao

You know I missed this bit. Really hilarious if you think about. To a wayward, their right to secrecy is like oxygen. They couldn't do half of what they do without it. Who would sleep with a married man if they had to go tell their mother about it afterwards?

They get genuinely outraged and honestly believe the police and courts will force other people to keep their secrets. Whatever nutjobs!!!!!!

But she gets arrested herself because her moral compass is THAT broken!!!!!

Just waltz off into your Plan B sunset now my dear. Leave them to enjoy each other's drama.

G
OP Offline
G

I'm not sure, Melody, but if I had to venture a guess, knowing how lazy and procrastinating he's been with everything else lately, I'd say a good month if not more. The insurance only gives 180 days to get it done, and we got the check about 45 days ago. I know that I do not want him here.

The amount they gave was based off of a quote given by the construction company he chose.......a customer of the restaurant. The deal was, H was going to help him do it, so the construction company wasn't going to have to pay any employees. I am going to contact that construction company, I know him well, and talk to him.

The other thing I need to speak with the lawyer about, the check from the claims department for the garage damage was nearly $7,000., if he is going to do it himself, I need to know if any left over money is to be split between us.

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by reading
I am the one who mentioned you can file for legal sep at a court house in the family law dept.
Yes. Talk to a lawyer first about the best way to do that.
But, you can do it to save money.
A lawyer doesn't need to bill you time for filling it out or filing it if you go yourself.
There are, as far as I have seen, people at the court house in the filing area to help you go through the steps.
The plus to doing it is that once it is filed, your H is messing with the law if he runs up more debt and you can legally extract yourself from the restaurant debacle sooner rather than later.

I am making a "to do" list, and have included this for next week. Thank you!!

G
OP Offline
G
Ginger, are you certain he will be done with the garage next week? Because once you go into Plan B, it will be important that he is not hanging around.

Also, since you are his wife, he can't put the house on the market without your signature. Does he believe otherwise?

Yes, I am aware he cannot sell without my signature, but what it will come down to is how long we can continue to make house payments. I know he will be able to go back to the job he had before the restaurant, so he better get his butt in gear, and get on that. I know he will slack though. I know the boss well, can I message him, and tell him to contact my H to speed it up?

No, there is no way he will be done with the garage in 2 days. Not him alone working on it. I need to call the construction company, and speak to them.

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Last night I guess the OW called the police on ME, after the Exposing to her friends. Except what happened is she had a warrant out for her arrest, and they went after her, and arrested her. My H took $500 out of the till to bail her out..

rotflmao

You know I missed this bit. Really hilarious if you think about. To a wayward, their right to secrecy is like oxygen. They couldn't do half of what they do without it. Who would sleep with a married man if they had to go tell their mother about it afterwards?

They get genuinely outraged and honestly believe the police and courts will force other people to keep their secrets. Whatever nutjobs!!!!!!

But she gets arrested herself because her moral compass is THAT broken!!!!!

Just waltz off into your Plan B sunset now my dear. Leave them to enjoy each other's drama.

I know, isn't that just to good! I laughed so hard!

I do already have my IM, and he has agreed to it. I chose my uncle, because I felt H would be a bit more restricting as far as any crap he may try to say, vs to a woman. My uncle is very firm, and will do a very good job.

G
OP Offline
G
I contacted the owner of the construction company, who is a friend, and explained the situation to him. I explained that I'm not comfortable with H being here, and that my main concern is for the garage work to be done as quickly as possible. He is going to contact H, and work out a time to get this done quickly, he will get back to me in the next couple days he said.

Wouldn't this also be considered another exposure, too???!!! smile

L
L
You are not entitled to keep excess funds from an insurance claim payout. That would be insurance fraud.

The negotiated settlement claim was based on the contractors sworn writted proposal.

Typically, most HO-3 homeowners policies allow for ACV and RCV payouts. The ACV, Actual Cash Value after depreciation, is what you get if you do not complete the repairs and do not submit the final Certificate Of Completion, swearing the job is done.

The RCV, Recoverable Cash Value is the Held Back funds, which insurance lingo calls Depreciation. That dollar amount is only legally payable when the work is completed.

You may have a different policy than a standard HO-3 Policy, such as a Farm policy, since you mentioned a barn though.

It is VERY Easy to request an extension from the claims department to allow for additional time to get tbe work done.

Another point, the longer you are allowed to delay, then their pricing database gets updated with increased regional pricing and you then request that the claim be paid out to the future current timeframe to pay for the work.

I WOULD NOT LET THE WH SET FOOT ON THE PROPERTY TO DO THAT MONTH LONG PROJECT.

A true contractor can accomplish that in much less time.

LTL

I
I

Good point, it's likely he will drag it out so as to keep a fingertip hold on her.

I would send him an email saying he has two days maximum to clear things out because you need to reorganize it. That way you have it in writing that you gave him an opportunity.

Part of your prep might mean having some people round to clear anything he's left there after deadline. Get anything he could reasonably describe as his (stuff you don't want to be tripping over anyway) and send it to a storage facility or relative - You can tell him where in the letter.

L
L
By the way, thank you for posting that the POSOW was arrested when She contacted the Police.

That made my night. I was in pain from having just had 2 teeth extracted and couldn't sleep and that news made my night go more smoothly.

LTL

I
I
When Plan B goes into effect put alarms and locks on your garage. If he complains to your IM she should say she's been told the lawyers are sorting that stuff out.

L
L
He obviously doesn't know that you have made any withdrawals of your portion of the marital assets yet, does he?

When he finally figures it out, tell him to speak with your attorney about it.

There. No More Drama.

But, he will explode. Count on it.

LTL

Page 17 of 41 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 518 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation