Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 41 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 40 41
B
B
Originally Posted by JustUss
Sample Plan B letter, from SAA (revised edition) pages 77-78:

My Dearest __________,
I apologize to you for my part in creating an environment that helped make your affair possible. I foolishly pursued my goals without understanding my responsibility to meet your most important emotional needs. I was not there for you when you needed me the most and we are now both suffering for my mistake. [Add your willingness to address other complaints that the unfaithful spouse may have communicated prior to the affair.]

I am willing to avoid the mistakes I've made in the past and create a new life for both of us that will meet your needs. But I cannot do that until you end your relationship once and for all. Living with you under these conditions has been the most painful experience of my life, and I can no longer endure it.

Until your affair ends, and you are willing to follow a plan of reconciliation with me, I will avoid seeing you or talking to you. Our friends, ________, have agreed to help make arrangements for you to see our children on schedule that is mutually convenient. They will provide transportation. If you want to communicate about the children or any other mater, it will have to be through them.

I ask that you respect my decision to separate from you th is way. You must know about the suffering I have endured because of your relationship, and I simply cannot be with you any longer knowing that you are together. I still love you but I cannot see you under these conditions.

As soon as you are willing to permanently end your relationship, follow precautions to avoid absolutely any contact with the other person, and join me in a plan to restore our relationship, I will be wiling to discuss our future together with you.

I hope that we will be able to rebuild our marriage some day. I want us to be able to meet each other's emotional needs and to avoid doing anything to hurt each other. We can build a new lifestyle together in which everything we do makes us both happy. Then there will never be a reason for us to be separated. I want to be your best friend, someone who is always there for you when you need me. And I want you to be my best friend.

I cared for you when we married and I continue to care for you right up to this day. But I cannot be with you or help you as long as you are in this relationship.

With all my love,
(signed)

This letter should be delivered by your friends to the unfaithful spouse, and a copy sent to the lover with a note at the bottom saying:

I love ______ with all my heart and am willing to do whatever it takes to make her happy. I will wait for that chance.

From here Plan B Letter-Samples

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

G
OP Offline
G
Thank you BrainHurts....that was the sample I had used, and some of the members were helping me tweak the letter. BR said not to send the letter to the particular OW in my situation.

M: 47 H: 52
H asked for divorce: 3/31/15
H Moved out: 4/7/15
H Took divorce off the table: 4/17/15
I filed for divorce: 5/18/15
I entered Plan B: 5/21/15
M
M
Originally Posted by Ginger872
Thank you BrainHurts....that was the sample I had used, and some of the members were helping me tweak the letter. BR said not to send the letter to the particular OW in my situation.

You need to send the letter to the OW.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
BR said not to send the letter to the particular OW in my situation.

I said I personally wouldn't send one and explained my reason. I don't know if Dr H says to send one to the AP or not but others have sent one to the AP.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Dr. Harley recommends sending a copy to the OW also.

Nevermind...I never realized this ^^^ to be the case.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
G
OP Offline
G
Ok, got it. smile. Will do.

Is the revised letter OK now?

G
OP Offline
G
Ok, here's the revision. In the last sentence, I did take out the part that said "when we were married", because I don't know if he will get this before or after he is served, and I don't want him clued in.

My Dearest XXXX,

Remember when you used to tell me what a pretty smile I had, and how beautiful my eyes were, it would literally fill my heart with happiness every time you would say those things to me.

I apologize to you for my part in creating an environment that helped make your affair possible. I am willing to avoid the mistakes I've made in the past, and create a new life for both of us that will meet our needs. But I cannot do that until you end your affair once and for all. Living under these conditions has been the most painful experience of my life, and I can no longer endure it.

Until your affair ends, and you are willing to follow a plan of reconciliation with me, I will avoid seeing you or talking to you.

I ask that you respect my decision to separate from you this way. You must know about the suffering I have endured because of your affair, and I simply cannot be with you any longer knowing that you are together with her. I still love you, but I cannot see you under these conditions.

As soon as you are willing to permanently end your affair, follow precautions to avoid
absolutely any contact with the other person, and join me in a plan to restore our
relationship, I will be willing to discuss our future together with you.

I hope that we will be able to rebuild our marriage some day. I want us to be able to meet each other's emotional needs and to avoid doing anything to hurt each other. We can build a new lifestyle together in which everything we do makes us both happy. Then there will never be a reason for us to be separated. I want to be your best friend, someone who is always there for you when you need me. And I want you to be my best friend.

I cared deeply for you, and I continue to care for you right up to this day. But I cannot be with you, or help you as long as you are in this affair.

With all my love,

M
M
I would add the part in red so he knows who the intermediary is:

Until your affair ends, and you are willing to follow a plan of reconciliation with me, I will avoid seeing you or talking to you. If you have to relay any pertinent information, it will have to be communicated through my friend, SallyIM. Please respect my wishes to not contact me directly.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Thank you Melody! smile

Now to figure out how to get it to him?

G
OP Offline
G
I can't find anyone who will deliver the plan b letter to him. I may need to resort to leaving it in the PO box, and letting him know it's there. Or bring it to the restaurant myself, drop it off, and leave.

Last edited by Ginger872; 05/21/15 10:06 AM.

J
J
I can't find anyone who will deliver the plan b letter to him. I may need to resort to leaving it in the PO box, and letting him know it's there. Or bring it to the restaurant myself, drop it off, and leave.

You can mail it to the PO box. That is fine.
The guidance offered by Dr. Harley is that the letter should not be delivered by yourself. You want his last memory of you to be pleasant (if possible).

G
OP Offline
G
I'm going to have to let him know it's there, he rarely checks the mail.

Would it be ok to notify him like this?

I have left you something in the PO box, please pick it up today if possible. I love you, and you will always be in my heart.

Something like that, so it leaves a positive in his mind.

Last edited by Ginger872; 05/21/15 11:57 AM.

I
I
Originally Posted by black_raven
BR said not to send the letter to the particular OW in my situation.

I said I personally wouldn't send one and explained my reason. I don't know if Dr H says to send one to the AP or not but others have sent one to the AP.

It's Dr Hs advice. I was totally unsure about it - felt all wrong. But after I did it I was all "Yeah! Now she is ON NOTICE that it's still a scuzzy affair."

There is a specific wording of the postscript to the AP.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

B
B
...and you will always be in my heart.

I don't see anything wrong with texting him about the letter but I would stay away from any language that implies unconditional love like the above. That is not a concept MB advocates.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

G
OP Offline
G
So just say I left the letter in the PO box, please pick up, and I love you to him then?

G
OP Offline
G
This is what I wrote on the bottom of POSOW copy, in handwriting. I will deliver that to her PO box on a different day, I want H to get his first.

I love ______ with all my heart and am willing to do whatever it takes to make her happy. I will wait for that chance

B
B
That sounds fine.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

B
B
This is what I wrote on the bottom of POSOW copy, in handwriting. I will deliver that to her PO box on a different day, I want H to get his first.

I love ______ with all my heart and am willing to do whatever it takes to make her happy. I will wait for that chance

I don't like the last sentence. It gives the impression you will wait around indefinetly and that shouldn't be the case. Make "her" happy should be "him." I don't even really like the "willing to do whatever it takes to him happy" part either. That gives the impression of marriage at all costs...and to make him happy vs to have a healthy marriage where you are both happy.

I would replace it with:

"I love _____ with all my heart and am willing to take great efforts to save our marriage."

My two cents

Last edited by black_raven; 05/21/15 12:16 PM. Reason: change "my marriage to "our marriage"

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

G
OP Offline
G
Thank you BR, I truly appreciate everyone's help.

I'm having a very emotional, hard morning, knowing what is going to happen tomorrow when he is served. It's just so heartbreaking, it didn't need to happen this way, but I know I'm doing the right things to move forward. The unknown is so scary right now for me. One day at a time I guess. I can't help but morn everything that he has lost as well. I know he doesn't deserve my tears, but love does not just die.

G
OP Offline
G
I like yours better, BR.

Page 25 of 41 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 544 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation