Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 41 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 40 41
B
B
You're welcome, Ginger. We have all been there and it is heartbreaking.

I made a minor change to my previous post.

Hugs to you.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by black_raven
You're welcome, Ginger. We have all been there and it is heartbreaking.

I made a minor change to my previous post.

Hugs to you.

Thank you black_raven.

Is this line in red OK? I tweaked it a little.

I ask that you respect my decision to separate from you this way. You must know about the suffering I have endured because of your affair, and I simply cannot be with you any longer knowing that you are together with her. I still love you, we�ve been through alot together, but I cannot see you under these conditions.

Last edited by Ginger872; 05/21/15 12:35 PM.

M: 47 H: 52
H asked for divorce: 3/31/15
H Moved out: 4/7/15
H Took divorce off the table: 4/17/15
I filed for divorce: 5/18/15
I entered Plan B: 5/21/15
B
B
Originally Posted by black_raven
Originally Posted by Ginger872
This is what I wrote on the bottom of POSOW copy, in handwriting. I will deliver that to her PO box on a different day, I want H to get his first.

I love ______ with all my heart and am willing to do whatever it takes to make her happy. I will wait for that chance

I don't like the last sentence. It gives the impression you will wait around indefinetly and that shouldn't be the case. Make "her" happy should be "him." I don't even really like the "willing to do whatever it takes to him happy" part either. That gives the impression of marriage at all costs...and to make him happy vs to have a healthy marriage where you are both happy.

I would replace it with:

"I love _____ with all my heart and am willing to take great efforts to save our marriage."

My two cents
Just so everyone knows. It is what Dr. Harley wrote in SAA (which is the example letter I posted). Dr. Harley is the one who wrote the Plan B example with the following to the AP.

Originally Posted by Dr Harley
I love ______ with all my heart and am willing to do whatever it takes to make her happy. I will wait for that chance

I just want to make it clear this is what Dr. Harley advises.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
]
This is what I wrote on the bottom of POSOW copy, in handwriting. I will deliver that to her PO box on a different day, I want H to get his first.

That is perfect! That is the exact verbiage out of SAA. It lets her know you are not giving up and her days are numbered.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
I did write the word "him" in there also, not "her". But I'm confused now, should the letter have been tweaked the way it was, or use it word for word as the sample is....of course replacing her with him, and taking out the part about the kids.

I will leave the sentence to her as worded in the sample letter.

G
OP Offline
G
Just for reference again, this is the letter to H.

My Dearest XXXXX,

Remember when you used to tell me what a pretty smile I had, and how beautiful my eyes were, it would literally fill my heart with happiness every time you would say those things to me.

I apologize to you for my part in creating an environment that helped make your affair possible. I am willing to avoid the mistakes I've made in the past, and create a new life for both of us that will meet our needs. But I cannot do that until you end your affair once and for all. Living under these conditions has been the most painful experience of my life, and I can no longer endure it.

Until your affair ends, and you are willing to follow a plan of reconciliation with me, I will avoid seeing you or talking to you. If you have to relay any pertinent information, it will have to be communicated through my Intermediary, XXXX. His e-mail is: XXXXXX Please respect my wishes to not contact me directly.

I ask that you respect my decision to separate from you this way. You must know about the suffering I have endured because of your affair, and I simply cannot be with you any longer knowing that you are together with her. I still love you, we�ve been through alot together, but I cannot see you under these conditions.

As soon as you are willing to permanently end your affair, follow precautions to avoid
absolutely any contact with the other person, and join me in a plan to restore our
relationship, I will be willing to discuss our future together with you.

I hope that we will be able to rebuild our marriage some day. I want us to be able to meet each other's emotional needs and to avoid doing anything to hurt each other. We can build a new lifestyle together in which everything we do makes us both happy. Then there will never be a reason for us to be separated. I want to be your best friend, someone who is always there for you when you need me. And I want you to be my best friend.

I care deeply for you, and I continue to care for you right up to this day. But I cannot be with you, or help you as long as you are in this affair.

With all my love,

Last edited by Ginger872; 05/21/15 01:13 PM.

G
OP Offline
G
My Dearest XXXXX,

Remember when you used to tell me what a pretty smile I had, and how beautiful my eyes were, it would literally fill my heart with happiness every time you would say those things to me.

I apologize to you for my part in creating an environment that helped make your affair possible. I am willing to avoid the mistakes I've made in the past, and create a new life for both of us that will meet our needs. But I cannot do that until you end your affair once and for all. Living under these conditions has been the most painful experience of my life, and I can no longer endure it.

Until your affair ends, and you are willing to follow a plan of reconciliation with me, I will avoid seeing you or talking to you. Please respect my wishes to not contact me directly.

As soon as you are willing to permanently end your affair, follow precautions to avoid
absolutely any contact with the other person, and join me in a plan to restore our
relationship, I will be willing to discuss our future together with you.

I hope that we will be able to rebuild our marriage some day. I want us to be able to meet each other's emotional needs and to avoid doing anything to hurt each other. We can build a new lifestyle together in which everything we do makes us both happy. Then there will never be a reason for us to be separated. I want to be your best friend, someone who is always there for you when you need me. And I want you to be my best friend.

I care deeply for you, and I continue to care for you right up to this day. But I cannot be with you, or help you as long as you are in this affair.

With all my love,

XXXX

(handwritten)
I love XXXXX with all my heart and am willing to do whatever it takes to make him happy. I will wait for that chance.

M
M
I did write the word "him" in there also, not "her". But I'm confused now, should the letter have been tweaked the way it was, or use it word for word as the sample is....of course replacing her with him, and taking out the part about the kids.

You did the right thing.

I will leave the sentence to her as worded in the sample letter.

perfect!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
OP Offline
G
Thank you, Melody. I appreciate your willingness to help very much. smile

I
I
Absolutely perfect letter!

I am a wee bit concerned that your IM is a man? Is this a relative of yours..?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

B
B
Indiegirl, this is what she said earlier.

I do already have my IM, and he has agreed to it. I chose my uncle, because I felt H would be a bit more restricting as far as any crap he may try to say, vs to a woman. My uncle is very firm, and will do a very good job.

Married to Pearlseeker for 13 yrs
G
OP Offline
G
I have concerns now to, I've been thinking about that as well. If it gets to the point where H would consider coming back, will he relay the info. I'm going to tell him that it is not his duty to make that decision, it's no ones but mine to make, that he must send it to me, and let me make my own decisions as an adult.

G
OP Offline
G
I sent him the text, letting him know that I had put something in the PO box for him that would help explain things. I don't have much faith in that method, apparently he hasn't been to the PO to pick up mail for almost a month. Then I thought too, what if POSOW gets the text instead of him. This is not going well.

I
I
If your uncle is protective and concerned it might be an issue. Being an IM means you hear some quite provocative stuff that would anger someone who loved you.

I would say no way to a father doing it, but an uncle might be alright.

If he can be neutral and just pass on relevant info and block the spam - fine.

You just need someone who can present a neutral face and not get baited into debates about the A. It doesn't have to be anyone close, you can have an email only IM -this is preferable really.

I
I
I sent him the text, letting him know that I had put something in the PO box for him that would help explain things. I don't have much faith in that method, apparently he hasn't been to the PO to pick up mail for almost a month. Then I thought too, what if POSOW gets the text instead of him. This is not going well.

No it's fine. He will certainly go to see what's there when he cannot reach you any other way.

Your IM can send him an 'introducing myself' email. The IM could say the letter in the sd box explains his role. If he claims he didn't get it your IM could send him a copy - and explain about your text etc which would be just as good and just get OW in trouble.

I
I
I would see how you uncle does to start with. Have someone else in mind maybe if you need to switch him out.

G
OP Offline
G
Thank you indiegirl......it is set up as email only, my uncle doesn't want to communicate with H any other way. I will tell him he needs to remain neutral, and like you said, I can always switch if need be.

GREAT point about the text, and PO Box! I feel good about that now.

I will drop off the POSOW's copy Saturday at the PO. I know her PO box.

Thank you!

Last edited by Ginger872; 05/21/15 03:08 PM.

B
B
Email this to your IM.

IM Training School

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

G
OP Offline
G
He has it! Thank you! smile

G
OP Offline
G
H has his Plan B letter, he picked it up from the PO box same day, and POSOW's Plan B letter copy was delivered to her PO box today!

H has been served his divorce papers, and our temp hearing is June 1st. I'm very nervous, I don't want the divorce! My guess is he is just gonna run because he is pissed because of the divorce. But, I will try to keep the faith, and stay positive, moving forward in Plan B to work on me.

Page 26 of 41 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 526 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation