Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Prisca
If you want your relationship with your ex wife to work, you will move out and stop having sex with her.
You ignored this part of my post.

Prisca,

I didn't mean to ignore it, I just wasn't ready to respond. I know what I want to say, but need to be sure I say it correctly, and wish to re read a few articles to be SURE I don't misunderstand things. Fair enough?

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Originally Posted by Homelover
The OW is totally out of the picture, and I used Dr. Harleys guide to do so. I decided that about the time that thread ended. I am not going to try to cherry pick and make statements contrary to Dr Harley's advise.
How did you end contact?

Ended when I just cut her off totally (and at that time, only contact was an occasional text). Deleted ALL of the text, info, etc.

Deleting texts is not ending contact. Can she still call you if she wishes?

No

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by markos
The OW is totally out of the picture, and I used Dr. Harleys guide to do so. I decided that about the time that thread ended. I am not going to try to cherry pick and make statements contrary to Dr Harley's advise.
How did you end contact?

Ended when I just cut her off totally (and at that time, only contact was an occasional text). Deleted ALL of the text, info, etc.

Are you still living in the same area?

We never lived in the same town.... but yes in the same thee county area, which is several million people, she is several towns over, and I just don't go or need to go anywhere near her town.

M
M
Did she ever know your:

* Address
* Phone number
* Email address

If so, have you changed those?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
I
I
No

What's stopping her?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
S
Did she ever know your:

* Address
* Phone number
* Email address

Not only is this issue (NC and EPs to avoid contact for life) covered in the articles that you say you have read, but this has been covered repeatedly in your previous threads.

Is there a reason that you are being so vague and forcing us to question you repeatedly in order to get BASIC information regarding ending all contact with this OW??

My word.

Last edited by SusieQ; 06/16/15 02:38 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
We never lived in the same town.... but yes in the same thee county area, which is several million people, she is several towns over, and I just don't go or need to go anywhere near her town.

You told us in the last thread that you two had to text each other in order to avoid running into each other bc you lived in close proximity and frequently went to the same places. You basically said it was unavoidable unless you texted each other.

Can you explain the discrepancy?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S

I went back and double checked....you said "places" in one post and then you said one place in another post and added it was a big part of your life that you were unwilling to give up.

Did you change your mind?

Still not sure why we have to wrestle this information out of you.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
H
OP Offline
H
Did she ever know your:

* Address
* Phone number
* Email address

Yes, yes and yes.

And the final answer, yes and/or blocked.

P
P
You are being very vague.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by SusieQ
I went back and double checked....you said "places" in one post and then you said one place in another post and added it was a big part of your life that you were unwilling to give up.

Did you change your mind?

Still not sure why we have to wrestle this information out of you.

<<<<You told us in the last thread that you two had to text each other in order to avoid running into each other bc you lived in close proximity and frequently went to the same places. You basically said it was unavoidable unless you texted each other.

Can you explain the discrepancy?>>>>

SusieQ,

I have nothing to hide. I just decided that I could avoid EVERYWHERE (singular, plural) we went or she went in the past... a non issue for me. My friends and I have other placed to meet. We (OW and I) went to SEVERAL places together, and I really don't miss any one of them. There was one place that was a bit special, but a non issue. I just decided that it was appropriate to just end it, period. I hope I'm not sounding like I'm misleading you at all.... since I left her, we have never seen, spoke, wrote or crossed paths. There were a few texts, which was easy to just cut off. I'm sure she has another agenda and I'm just not interested. There's very little reason at all that she would "pursue me" for any reason. It's clearly over.

I really hope you see that I'm genuine and trying for help, and have answered all questions to the best of my ability and honestly. I mentioned early on that the OW was a non issue and that was the truth. There's just not a lot of detail, because there's just nothing left.

No discrepancy... the above says it all, but let me know if you need more details. We do NOT live in close proximity, but one of the places is fairly close, but certainly avoidable....

<<<<<<Not only is this issue (NC and EPs to avoid contact for life) covered in the articles that you say you have read, but this has been covered repeatedly in your previous threads.

Is there a reason that you are being so vague and forcing us to question you repeatedly in order to get BASIC information regarding ending all contact with this OW?? >>>>>>

Forgive me but I don't know what EPs mean. Yes, I've read the articles, and it's in place... not sure what you're referring to in "covered in your precious threads"......

I'm open, what am I missing?

H
OP Offline
H
You are being very vague.

Let me know about whatever, and I'll explain. Yes, there's a TON of details that have not been posted, but the meat of it has.

M
M
Did she ever know your:

* Address
* Phone number
* Email address

Yes, yes and yes.

So, you moved? That would be the only way I know to change your address.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
I
I
Did she ever know your:

* Address
* Phone number
* Email address

Yes, yes and yes.

Blocked isn't good enough. She could easily reach you from another number or email.

H
OP Offline
H
Did she ever know your:

* Address
* Phone number
* Email address

Yes, yes and yes.

Blocked isn't good enough. She could easily reach you from another number or email.

Blocked will work. If she called from another phone, it would not be in my data base and not answered. She does not have my business number and has never called me on it. The only email she has or ever responded to, is my personal email address, which only close friends, like her, my SO, kid, and a few friends have. It was easy to change.

The OW (as you call her), is not an issue, nor was she an issue once the divorce was final. She was not the cause of the divorce, nor did she affect it. She was not a topic of argument or fighting. She was also not an issue in me returning to my SO. When I returned to my SO, the OW was discussed, as other things, and we agreed to put those parts of our life behind us, not to be brought up again. The OW has NO effect on our relationship today... zero. My goal was to completely have her out of my mind (to where she didn't bother me in three months and I'm ahead of schedule.

So, the goal today is to improve the situation with the SO, and enjoy life. We are both stubborn enough and goal oriented enough to make it work... but there's no downside in constantly improving the quality, getting good advice from others, and support from good friends and counseling. We are at that point now, hopefully continuing up hill.

Can you offer anything to improve upon that?

J
J
I'm more than serious. I want this to work, but how do I avoid the OW if we both go to the same place. I have no problem with no contact at all, but I really don't want to see her. She feels the same.

This is what you posted on 5-14.
You now post that you have no contact with her.
I asked you before your previous thread was locked, Is this place where you and OW both go to a bar?

I
I

Every unknown number will become a trigger in that case. You aren't serious and it is outrageous that you expect your BW to put up with not knowing which calls will get through rahter than simply CHANGING YOUR NUMBER.

Dr H has done this once or twice you know.

H
OP Offline
H

Every unknown number will become a trigger in that case. You aren't serious and it is outrageous that you expect your BW to put up with not knowing which calls will get through rahter than simply CHANGING YOUR NUMBER.

Dr H has done this once or twice you know.

Tell me about why Dr H has had to change his phone number.....No, I didn't know that.

Last edited by Homelover; 06/17/15 06:01 PM.
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
I'm more than serious. I want this to work, but how do I avoid the OW if we both go to the same place. I have no problem with no contact at all, but I really don't want to see her. She feels the same.

This is what you posted on 5-14.
You now post that you have no contact with her.
I asked you before your previous thread was locked, Is this place where you and OW both go to a bar?

No, but why do you ask? And, I really feel it's inappropriate to bring up a thread that was closed. It was closed for a reason, correct?

H
OP Offline
H
Question for all.....

We are looking for additional things to add to our do list... things that will help us grow together.

We have some choices, of looking into simply simple times together... a few hours for a dinner, walk, bike ride, etc., and/or focusing more on things that involve a trip somewhere, overnite, a nice town to visit, or activity to participate in or what ever.

Looking for a good balance on what works well.

Of course the simple stuff we will do more often, but will more emphasis on a trip or two, even a few times a month be more meaningful?

Thoughts?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation