Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
A
She's telling your kids that because she's aware it makes her look bad. It's very typical for the WS to get angry about the BS not giving up.

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
J
J
Originally Posted by CatLes
Oh good. Just got the "Stop telling the kids that you love me. There is no hope for reconciliation."

Blah

Sir, you post sporadically so it's difficult to offer advice without knowing your circumstances.
I thought the children were with the wife out of town (with her lesbian lover cousin).
Where are the kids and where is your wife?

C
CatLes Offline OP
OP Offline
C
All the kids are with her in a cottage two miles away from my home. The cousin just came back into town three weeks ago and is living there with the wife and the kids.

One of the children is fully mine. The other two are stepkids. I get my son overnight twice a week and every other weekend according to our current arrangement.

My contact with my wife is exclusively though text message. I see her rarely and speak to her almost never and when I do it is almost entirely concerning kids and finances. She had an extended discussion with me on "it is our job to prepare the kids for their new lives. Telling our son that you still love me and want me to come home is unfair and damaging and gives false hope. There is no chance for reconciliation. "

We are almost done with the separation agreement. She is currently extra angry with me concerning finances and this bit about telling the kids that I still love mommy.

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

J
J
All the kids are with her in a cottage two miles away from my home. The cousin just came back into town three weeks ago and is living there with the wife and the kids.

One of the children is fully mine. The other two are stepkids. I get my son overnight twice a week and every other weekend according to our current arrangement.

My contact with my wife is exclusively though text message. I see her rarely and speak to her almost never and when I do it is almost entirely concerning kids and finances. She had an extended discussion with me on "it is our job to prepare the kids for their new lives. Telling our son that you still love me and want me to come home is unfair and damaging and gives false hope. There is no chance for reconciliation. "

We are almost done with the separation agreement. She is currently extra angry with me concerning finances and this bit about telling the kids that I still love mommy.

Why on earth did you AGREE to only seeing your son every other weekend?

C
CatLes Offline OP
OP Offline
C
It isn't every other weekend. It's every other weekend and Tuesday/Thursday every week overnight. Its Shared Physical and Legal custody. I have consulted several legal opinions on this. There are two stepkids in the mix as well that she has custody of.

Separating the kids from each other isn't going to fly according to several attorneys. Since I cannot control the visitation or the custody of the stepkids, their presence in my son's life and their visitation with their dad is a significant factor. I wanted full custody, couldn't get that. I wanted 50% custody, couldn't get that. She agreed to shared physical and shared legal. Until he gets older, that is the best I can do.

C
CatLes Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yes. That's me.

B
B
Yes. That's me.
What did you think of their advice?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

C
CatLes Offline OP
OP Offline
C
They were amazingly kind and it was good to hear that situations like this have happily resolved themselves. It's all just so insane. Not just an affair, not just an affair with a 20 year old, not just an affair with a 20 year old cousin, but an affair with a 20 year old female cousin that I have helped and loved over the past two years.

People really do lose their minds over affair partners. It's coming up on the six month mark since we have separated. People abandon their faith, their morals...everything.

If she did come back, it would be difficult to trust again after all the lies and falsehoods. I guess I will cross that bridge if it comes to that.

J
J
Does the cottage that the children are housed in meet the housing requirements of 3 children and two adults?

C
CatLes Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well its been several months since I posted. I thought I would give an update to the group. The soon to be ex wife (She is filing on September 1st) has proposed to the 21 year old lesbian first cousin and she has accepted. They will be getting married after the divorce is final.

Sometimes, I guess, you just have to let them go.

P
P
Uh, why doesn't she file today? There is nothing stopping her.

More importantly, why do YOU file today.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
C
CatLes Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My state has a one year waiting period. She can file on the year anniversary of our being separated.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Does the cottage that the children are housed in meet the housing requirements of 3 children and two adults?

Get serious about custody.
What about this question i posted weeks ago?

A
A
Sorry to hear this CatLes. If the wayward won't end the affair and files themselves, divorce is really your only option.

What are you doing to help handle the stress of this situation?

Are you working out at all? Any friends or family in your area?

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 425 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation