Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
M
M
Originally Posted by bellachaos
[
Man I really hope that fog dissipates!

yep!!! Living alone over Christmas without his family and without the OW will be a stark dose of reality that he sorely needs!

Did you contact the OWH again to give him an update? He can be your greatest ally at this time.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[
Man I really hope that fog dissipates!

yep!!! Living alone over Christmas without his family and without the OW will be a stark dose of reality that he sorely needs!

Did you contact the OWH again to give him an update? He can be your greatest ally at this time.

I haven't yet but I can. I am not sure he will care I know he said that their relationship was for sure over because of this affair.

Me, BW - 33
WH - 33
Married 8 years
Two kids, 4 & 1.5
In Plan B
M
M
[
I haven't yet but I can. I am not sure he will care I know he said that their relationship was for sure over because of this affair.

Have they separated?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
[

Have they separated?
I don't know.

Me, BW - 33
WH - 33
Married 8 years
Two kids, 4 & 1.5
In Plan B
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by apples123
Love the threats..." This will likely effect you the most." In his dreams. He hasnt calculated what CS will really be.

ETA: you should check how your state calculates child support. Do you have copies of all your financial statements?

I will and I will look to find what I have.

Me, BW - 33
WH - 33
Married 8 years
Two kids, 4 & 1.5
In Plan B
M
M
I would keep him in the loop because he needs to know your husband is out there prowling around.

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
I would keep him in the loop because he needs to know your husband is out there prowling around.
Ok, I just messaged him.

Me, BW - 33
WH - 33
Married 8 years
Two kids, 4 & 1.5
In Plan B
A
A
I just opened my email and find an email from him:

"I�m ready to move forward with the process of starting the divorce. From my perspective, it seems from the actions that you�ve taken, asking to move out, and not telling me it�s confusing to the kids for them to see me in the house � that you�ve also started the process of accepting that a divorce is going to be our next step. Is that true?"

He then outlines what the process will be like. Then he says "I believe that you and I can work through all of the above information. I�m going to make sure that you and the kids are taken care of as an outcome of this. This is going to be the biggest change for you, out of everybody. Throughout this process, there are some tactical things that you need to figure out. "

He then goes into talking about me finding a job and how child support will most likely work.

He finishes it with:
"I still need to find somewhere to stay, but I�m trying to wait until things are more final so that I know what I can afford.

I would like to come back to the house while we work through it. But, I�ll leave that up to you. I know you�re trying to heal from what I did to you. The lies, the cheating, all of it. For what it�s worth, I am very sorry for lying to you, and for cheating on you. There are no excuses and there is no justification. I know you�re trying to care of yourself, and I want to respect that and help as much as possible. But, it�s also got to be hard to be dealing with the kids by yourself and trying to spend time on you. I think it could be helpful for you if I came back home while we work through the divorce, and you can have more time to yourself. I can�t comprehend what you�re going through and what having me in the house means for you, so I just want to throw this out there and let you decide.

I�m around all day if you want to talk. "

Insert big huge eye roll from me. =/

I have been following your saga and I just want to pipe up to say - you are a total rock star and inspiration to me. Your strength is absolutely amazing and impressive. And willingness to wait for guidance and not react immediately to provocation is your best friend and I believe a trait will see you through this ordeal to the absolute best possible outcome.

I also want to say - MELODYLANE is a GIFT FROM GOD. I have watched her counsel so many on here and when they don't follow the advice I am shouting "no, no, stop, turn back..."

Regarding your husband's email above - BLECH. If I was in your shoes this would make me second guess myself too. But from the outside looking in? It only makes me want to vomit.

It's all pretty nauseating, but the phrase I underlined strikes me as particularly manipulative and desperate on his part. How kind and thoughtful he is to worry about a poor fragile creature such as yourself so much! (While he continues to twist the knife he has stuck in your back.) What a guy... Seriously - it is just SO condescending.

I really do believe he may come out of his fog in the face or your strength and love and you very well may have a marriage that is better than ever some day.

Stay Strong! You totally rock!!!

Last edited by AnyWife; 12/06/15 05:34 PM.
M
M
Thank you, Anywife!! smile

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by AnyWife
I have been following your saga and I just want to pipe up to say - you are a total rock star and inspiration to me. Your strength is absolutely amazing and impressive. And willingness to wait for guidance and not react immediately to provocation is your best friend and I believe a trait will see you through this ordeal to the absolute best possible outcome.

Thank you so much.

I also want to say - MELODYLANE is a GIFT FROM GOD. I have watched her counsel so many on here and when they don't follow the advice I am shouting "no, no, stop, turn back..."
She has been so helpful. Everyone has.

Regarding your husband's email above - BLECH. If I was in your shoes this would make me second guess myself too. But from the outside looking in? It only makes me want to vomit.

It's all pretty nauseating, but the phrase I underlined strikes me as particularly manipulative and desperate on his part. How kind and thoughtful he is to worry about a poor fragile creature such as yourself so much! (While he continues to twist the knife he has stuck in your back.) What a guy... Seriously - it is just SO condescending.

I really do believe he may come out of his fog in the face or your strength and love and you very well may have a marriage that is better than ever some day.

Stay Strong! You totally rock!!!

I do believe that his email was just another way to try and control the situation.

I am trying to stay so strong. Thank you!

Me, BW - 33
WH - 33
Married 8 years
Two kids, 4 & 1.5
In Plan B
M
M
Bella, please see my email to your IMs. If they cannot support you, I agree you should find another IM, but your H will disagree with anyone. He is refusing to respect your Plan B because he wants to "co-parent" with you. Please be aware that what he wants is to have access to you. He does not want to give that up, which is typical of a wayward spouse. His claim to want to "co-parent" for the sake of the kids is hilarious given that he has just destroyed 2 families in pursuit of his affair.

I need you to stand strong and not give into wayward pressure. If your IMs will not support your Plan B then you do need to find someone who will. And I don't give a damn if he approves of your IM choice or not. It is not his decision. Keep in mind that he does not have your best interest at heart, this is all about pure self interest. If he cared about his family, we would not be having this discussion.

Exposure 101

M
M
To add to this, plan b is in the best interest of your children because it protects your mental health. Not that your husband knows or cares about their best interest.. Protecting you from him is in their best interest.

Exposure 101

B
OP Offline
B
Bella, please see my email to your IMs. If they cannot support you, I agree you should find another IM, but your H will disagree with anyone. He is refusing to respect your Plan B because he wants to "co-parent" with you. Please be aware that what he wants is to have access to you. He does not want to give that up, which is typical of a wayward spouse. His claim to want to "co-parent" for the sake of the kids is hilarious given that he has just destroyed 2 families in pursuit of his affair.

I need you to stand strong and not give into wayward pressure. If your IMs will not support your Plan B then you do need to find someone who will. And I don't give a damn if he approves of your IM choice or not. It is not his decision. Keep in mind that he does not have your best interest at heart, this is all about pure self interest. If he cared about his family, we would not be having this discussion.
Yes, I did get your email, thank you again!

And yes, it is hard to stay strong but that is what I am going to do... what I have to do.

Me, BW - 33
WH - 33
Married 8 years
Two kids, 4 & 1.5
In Plan B
I
I
If anything it is preferable if the IM is someone who he doesn't know or approve of. The ideal IM won't give a rap about his opinion, so don't try and choose a friend or relative of his, you need someone who is in your corner entirely.

When WH gets in touch with IM saying "I don't agree with this and won't use you". The IM shouldn't really care and will just reply. "Here when you need me". You are offering contact about co-parenting and finances. That's where your responsibility ends. You don't need to tie a bow and a friendly face on it.

When he rants at IM about you, or tries to plead he needs to talk to you the IM should say "Don't see anything pertinent to pass back. My only instructions are to pass relevant child/finance messages." The IM won't mention a thing to you, protecting your peace.

This is easier if the IM is objective and isn't friends with WH.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by indiegirl
If anything it is preferable if the IM is someone who he doesn't know or approve of. The ideal IM won't give a rap about his opinion, so don't try and choose a friend or relative of his, you need someone who is in your corner entirely.

All of our friends here are our friends. I don't have really anyone that is just my friend. I picked this IM because I knew they would do a good job. They aren't in our 'inner circle' but are in our outer circle if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by indiegirl
When WH gets in touch with IM saying "I don't agree with this and won't use you". The IM shouldn't really care and will just reply. "Here when you need me". You are offering contact about co-parenting and finances. That's where your responsibility ends. You don't need to tie a bow and a friendly face on it.

When he rants at IM about you, or tries to plead he needs to talk to you the IM should say "Don't see anything pertinent to pass back. My only instructions are to pass relevant child/finance messages." The IM won't mention a thing to you, protecting your peace.

This is easier if the IM is objective and isn't friends with WH.
MelodyLane talked with them for a while so I think they are on board.

Also today I had a consult with a lawyer. I guess now we just sit and wait?

Me, BW - 33
WH - 33
Married 8 years
Two kids, 4 & 1.5
In Plan B
A
A
What did the attorney say?

B
OP Offline
B
What did the attorney say?

It will take a min of 60 days to finalize the divorce once it is filed, if it is uncontested. Once it is filed WH will be required to continue to support us till the divorce is final. Talked about division of property and custodial primary. Also I will work on a budget and think about finding a job after the holidays.

I think that was about it.

Me, BW - 33
WH - 33
Married 8 years
Two kids, 4 & 1.5
In Plan B
A
A
Did you discuss filing for adultery?

B
OP Offline
B
Did you discuss filing for adultery?

No. Is that a thing?

Me, BW - 33
WH - 33
Married 8 years
Two kids, 4 & 1.5
In Plan B
A
A
Yes, many states will allow you to file for cause. It is generally recommended here that you file for cause if you can - it creates a permanent record of the affair, can cause problems for the affair. Plus in some states, it is used in settlements and custody decisions.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation