Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
A
OP Offline
A
What do I do now? I'm so lonely.

B
B
What do you do now? You survive... and you WILL survive....I know....I thought it was the end of my world and I found my courage, I found my self esteem, I found my confidence, I found my strength....to the point where I no longer survive, I thrive....and you will too....but for now, you survive.

B
B
AprilMay, are you eating, sleeping and taking care of your basic health needs?

Now would be a great time to find a women's workout group, volunteer groups such as the local food bank or shelter, or other hobby groups. Especially if you can find things to do while your son is away it will help you through the transition.

Married to Pearlseeker for 13 yrs
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by buildsherhouse
AprilMay, are you eating, sleeping and taking care of your basic health needs?

Now would be a great time to find a women's workout group, volunteer groups such as the local food bank or shelter, or other hobby groups. Especially if you can find things to do while your son is away it will help you through the transition.

Yes, I am eating and sleeping better now than before. I am going to try to find some other things to do. Right now I am still doing my salsa class and trying to reach out to friends. I am having dinner with a friend tonight and then I am going to visit my college BFF this weekend

A
OP Offline
A
So WS asked if he can respond to my letter? That's all my sister said. I realized I didn't say anything in the letter about how to contact me if he wants to talk about reconciling? I know it's too soon but I am just curious

Last edited by AprilMay12; 11/15/16 11:19 PM.
M
M
Originally Posted by AprilMay12
So WS asked if he can respond to my letter?

He can respond to her and she can pass on only:

1. pertinent information about child visitation, finances
2. a willingness to reconcile that includes the commitment to a) end his affair, b) leave his job and c) recover the marriage

all in her own words.

Anything else should be never be passed onto you. I expect he will say things to try to get you to break Plan B but without making any commitments. In other words, he will want you to make the changes rather than him. I expect a longwinded fogbabble letter blaming you for his affair. That should never get to you!

Please tell your sister she can email me and I will help her.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
He probably wants to debate with you over the letter. That should not happen.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

So he sent her a message to tell her that as of Monday he's ceased all contact with his AP. He didn't say anything about reconciling or anything, just that.

U
U
If he hasn't quit his job then he hasn't ceased all contact with his AP.

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by unwritten
If he hasn't quit his job then he hasn't ceased all contact with his AP.

Oh yeah, I know this. I know he is interviewing for a new job. I'm sure he'll tell me (her) when he gets a new one.

S
S
Get her to re-send the Plan B letter. I don't have time to read back through the thread, but your letter should have told him what he needed to do if he wanted to be reconciled with you. Simply stating that he has ceased all contact is not good enough. He stated that before, but they were still having their affair. What concrete measures did you ask for, in order that you would consider reconciliation?

I know he hasn't mentioned reconciliation, but why else did he write this to her? He wants to go back home, but he wants to do so on his terms.

Nah-uh.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
U
U
If he does tell her when he gets a new one, she should not pass that on to you. She should not pass on any information that is not 100% in compliance to your conditions.

He will try to make good will efforts to sneak his way back into your life. Giving up the OW for a DAY does not mean anything. Interviewing for different jobs does not mean anything. You need a willingness to comply to your conditions 100%, and anything less than that should not even reach your ears.

M
M

So he sent her a message to tell her that as of Monday he's ceased all contact with his AP. He didn't say anything about reconciling or anything, just that.

WEll, if they work together, he hasn't ceased all contact. Can you ask her to email me and i will help her navigate through this?

Exposure 101

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Get her to re-send the Plan B letter. I don't have time to read back through the thread, but your letter should have told him what he needed to do if he wanted to be reconciled with you. Simply stating that he has ceased all contact is not good enough. He stated that before, but they were still having their affair. What concrete measures did you ask for, in order that you would consider reconciliation?

I know he hasn't mentioned reconciliation, but why else did he write this to her? He wants to go back home, but he wants to do so on his terms.

Nah-uh.

It said this:
"Until your affair ends, and you are willing to follow a plan of reconciliation with me, I will avoid seeing you or talking to you. (My sister) will be available to make arrangements for (son) and for all other communication. If you want to communicate about (son) or any other matter, it will have to be through her. I will not be available to talk by any means, as it is too painful for me to do so.

I ask that you respect my decision to separate from you this way. You must know about the suffering I have endured because of your actions, and I simply cannot be with you any longer knowing that you might be together. I still love you but I cannot see you under these conditions.

As soon as you are willing to permanently end your relationship, follow precautions to avoid absolutely any contact with the other person, and join me in a plan to restore our relationship, I will be willing to discuss our future together with you. I respect your desire to work on your own emotional struggles and your feelings of being unhappy in our relationship, but in my heart I do not want to permanently separate from you."

More or less. This was the original version which I tweaked a bit with Melody's help.

Last edited by AprilMay12; 11/16/16 09:50 AM.
A
OP Offline
A
If he does tell her when he gets a new one, she should not pass that on to you. She should not pass on any information that is not 100% in compliance to your conditions.

He will try to make good will efforts to sneak his way back into your life. Giving up the OW for a DAY does not mean anything. Interviewing for different jobs does not mean anything. You need a willingness to comply to your conditions 100%, and anything less than that should not even reach your ears.

Ok. I will reiterate that to her.

A
OP Offline
A

WEll, if they work together, he hasn't ceased all contact. Can you ask her to email me and i will help her navigate through this?

Ok she is going to call me later so I will tell her to contact you.

M
M
April, or you can just emphasize the letter to her as unwritten and Sugarcane posted. That is the key. Until he has committed to all of your conditions, there is nothing to discuss. He can't just claim to have ended his affair and done nothing to end it. Talk means nothing with a WS. As long as they still work together he certainly hasn't met that condition.

Exposure 101

U
U
Does your sister understand the conditions of your recovery? It is important for her to understand, so she can weed through his fogbabble. That is the reason for an IM, to read through the fogbabble and not pass it on to you until he is meeting the conditions 100% and is completely on board with your conditions.

A
OP Offline
A
April, or you can just emphasize the letter to her as unwritten and Sugarcane posted. That is the key. Until he has committed to all of your conditions, there is nothing to discuss. He can't just claim to have ended his affair and done nothing to end it. Talk means nothing with a WS. As long as they still work together he certainly hasn't met that condition.

Ok, understood. I will let her know.

A
OP Offline
A
Does your sister understand the conditions of your recovery? It is important for her to understand, so she can weed through his fogbabble. That is the reason for an IM, to read through the fogbabble and not pass it on to you until he is meeting the conditions 100% and is completely on board with your conditions.

Ok, I get it. So even just a partial change (like "ending" contact with AP) is not enough. I need to tell her to remind him that I will have zero contact until all conditions are met.

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 663 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation