Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Orchid Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Hi, <P>All here at mb. are a close bunch. Can you please give a check in status and let us know that you are ok? Disclosing your location is optional. But we do have some of the posters from the affected areas and there are many concerned ones out there. <P>Thanks,<BR>L. <BR>

E
E
Here and accounted for. I work in Rosslyn (a mile or so from pentagon) but do to strange circumstances I was about 15 minutes later than usual and therefore stuck on the highway (395 for those here) instead of directly in front of it. Ended up going the wrong way (with everybody else) down the HOV lanes. My phone has been out most of the day. My kids and H and I are all home safe. Thank the Lord. I pray for all the victims and their families. <P>It is so hard to try to explain this to the kids. They don't understand why people hate us. I attempted to try to explain...and maybe I'm wrong but this is my take...that some people in other countries don't have the advantage of hearing the whole story, they sometimes only hear what their government wants them to hear...and in some countries, children have to join that country's army and are taken out of school at an early age and don't have the benefit of a good education. And lack of education breeds hatred because you can't embrase what you don't understand.<BR>Kids looked at me like I was looney tooned. Anyway, that's just me trying to make some sort of sense of the hatred...<P>God Bless America.<P>Deb<P>

T
T
I'm in London, Ontario, Canada (about 2 hours west of Toronto). I have no family or friends in the affected areas. No major threats here. But the outpouring of help is incredible! Most of the local tv stations have been airing the CNN coverage all day today. People have been offerring their homes to those who were on the flights redirected to Canadian airports. Amazing! The blood banks are in full swing too... so that cdns can send some down there. Also, hundreds of paramedics and police are going to N.Y.C. to help (they've been told to pack uniforms and supplies for 5 days).<P>I know I wasn't looking forward to the 1st anniversary of Andrew's passing... but this is NOT the way I wanted my attention diverted. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Karen<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Topie25 (edited September 11, 2001).]

E
E
Karen - I'm sorry that you are also dealing with the anniversary of a loved ones death. I tried looking up your history but didn't find a reference in the ones I saw and therefore don't know who Andrew is. Please, if you would like to talk about him, I'm here to listen. <P>I would like to thank the Candadian group here for their support in this unbelievable crisis. It is so so scary. Almost surreal, like a bad movie. Almost all of the schools are closed tomorrow, I guess due to the state of emergency in MD, VA and DC. But the fed gov is open...I think that the Government being open is a good show to the rest of the world...like you can't shut us down or scare us, but I worry for the safety of the people. What is more important? I can't even begin to think about what the people in charge have before them tonight... <P>God Bless America<P>Deb<BR>

Although I am new here, I thought I would post. My family is fine, we live on the east coast. I have a friend who is personally affected because a friend of hers was on the first flight. Also, the man that was able to get through on his cell phone from one of the hi-jacked plane, was a local man's son. He said his son told him they were hi-jacked, they have knives, and they stabbed a flight attendent. Then, the line went dead. <P>Unbelievable. <shaking head>

E
E
What completely freaks me out, is HOW, in FOUR different airports, could people get through with weapons that could end with a hijacking? FOUR different airports. Have you flown lately? Do you know how tight security is? What has to be done? Strip searches or what?? It is sooo sooo scary.<P>2Worlds - I am so sorry for your friend. You have the hair standing up on my arms. I can't even imagine.<P>God Bless America.<P>Deb<BR>

A
A
Someone wanted this topic seen - huh?<P>Checking in from the west coast . Me, H, and kids are alright here. Really, really horrible day, just like OKC bombing, the burning of LA. I feel for our nation and for all the victims and their families - this is going to touch alot of our lives. I know there will be someone who knows someone who perished in the carnage of this horrible deed. The US is a wonderful institution, it is horrible that anyone would want to cause mass destruction like that. I just can't believe the images of today, I pray for everyone involved. aftershock

I
I
I'm here. Visiting my parents in Virginia. We are about 1hr from the Pentagon. I was planning on flying out today to get back home (Germany). I took my luggage outside and came back in. I turned on the television and could not believe my eyes.<P>I watched in horror and amazement. Then an hour later, went to bring my luggage back inside. Doesn't look like I will be flying home anytime soon. <P>Had to call my H who told me that all the bases overseas are on lock down and full alert. I'd rather be there than here is all I could feel. This is so very sad. Those people....... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Clouds <BR>

T
T
I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada not too far from Topie25. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you and your loved ones to keep you safe. I, along with many other Canadians today, also mourn the loss of so many innocent people. <P>

R
R
This is a great idea, Orchid. Thank you. I'm okay and all my loved ones are okay. Prayers to all. <P>This makes me cry. I'm sorry. This really is horrible.

E
E
WAT? OOOO? Cmon, check in...

M
M
Well,<P>Gina, JJ and I am ok as is most of PA. Being 60 miles west of NY was kind of frightening today. We [the ambulance service] were put on standby to possibly be mobilized to assist in the rescue efforts of the disaster that occured today. It appears that the National Guard and other EMS/Fire services will be adequate. Still can't believe the events of today.<P>Thanks for asking.

R
R
I was wondering about you and Gina, Tim. I knew you were close, but not realize that close. Prayers to you and yours.

C
C
I emailed WAT earlier today and he is fine.<BR>I live in the south and the government completely shut down today.

Thanks Orchid...I've been wondering all day...this is the first time today I have been able to get through...<P>As you know I am in Cali...but brother-in-law works as a lawyer in the Bronx...He is fine...could see destruction from the courthouse, though...<P>In prayer,<P>Marsha

L
L
I'm here in the South. Everyone in our family is fine.

O
Orchid Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Sorry for the multiple posts. Kept getting booted out.<P>Thanks for your status replies. Now where is Zen? Any other NY, DC, PA people?<P>L.

Yeah, I was wondering about ScaredinNY...think I have her email...I'll try that...<P>Cali<P>------------------<BR><I>Live Impeccably In Your Word.<BR>Don't Take Anything Personally.<BR>Make No Assumptions.<BR>Do Your Best Always. </I>

Z
Z
STL, the kids and I are all ok. We are in NM so we are very far physically from this terrible tragedy. STL's mom was not able to get to her 50th high school reunion today because of the grounded air traffic. But all I care about is that she is well. <P>I have a nephew who works in a building next to the World Trade Center. He did not feel well so did not go to work today. Fate is a very strange thing is it not?<P>This is very close to STL and me as we have relatives in NY and the DC area. Until last May STL worked in downtown DC. I was stationed at the Pentagon when I was in the Army.<P>But like all Americans we are affected because this is our country and we have been attacked. The terror is unbelievable. I guess this only goes to prove that evil is only limited by the resources available. <P>May God save our country and our world.<P>Z<BR>

T
T
I'm here and ok... we are about 2-3 hours north of NYC, but being on the Hudson river, everyone was a little bit nervous. I work at a college and we were told that they might be closing the bridges on the Hudson river and that anyone who lived on the other side should go home. I was considering that when a moment later they announced that the college was closing. One of our deans was actually outside directing traffic.<P>A lot of people here have relatives and friends in NYC... My 2 BIL's drive truck and often deliver in NYC, but I found out that they were both accounted for and ok. My parents were near the Canadian border in Washington State, and they called us, so all of my immediate family has been accounted for. Unfortunately, I don't know about some of my husband's relatives - he has cousins downstate. Although they live on Long Island, I know that one or more of them works in Manhattan.<P>It's horrible - we are far enough away to be unaffected, but close enough to be very scared.<P>I do find it interesting that the FBI has found a connection between one of the passengers and the terrorist organization suspected of this attack - and that there is an apparent connection as well to Daytona Beach - where my husband and the slug are living!<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR><B>Courage</B><P>Whatever course you decide upon,<BR>there is always someone to tell you<BR>that you are wrong.<P>There are always difficulties arising<BR>which tempt you to believe that your <BR>critics are right.<P>To map out a course of action <BR>and follow it to an end <BR>requires courage.<P><I>Ralph Waldo Emerson</I>

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation