Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
B
Good idea Orchid... I'm not far from LA. LAX and many city streets are closed and all courts and county bldgs. will be closed today. Schools are open. Some employees from my company (Boeing) were killed in one of the plane crashes. That's all I know so far. The phones have been down on east coast, so perhaps that could be affecting people's ability to get online to check in? Just a guess?

I
I
Still here. Saying a prayer for those who need it more than me now. Looks like I won't be on any business trips anytime soon.

K
KID Offline
K
Hi all-<P>I am in PA--about 60miles north of where the Pittsbugh plane went down. As a nurse we were all alerted to the possiblity of having to go into work to help out. No family in any of the general areas. Have a nephew who is in the military and he was able to call his folks just to let them know where he was. They are of course as the media says on the highest alert. Prayers go out to all. <BR>God bless them and our country!!!

E
E
Hi all...<P>My W and I start counseling today...somehow it seems a much smaller thing than it did yesterday at this time.<P>Good luck to all who may have had family involved.<P>E

B
B
I'm here - asking for prayers for my boss however, who works and lives in manahatten with his many other family members. I have been unable to contact him.<P>------------------<BR><I>Pain is a given, misery is optional.</I>

B
B
We are fine, but I nearly took all kids out of school. We wondered about evacuation for a little while, because we live near a depot of nerve gas that the army has not figured out how to get rid of. If that had all been released, well...

W
W
Finally checking in. We're in the DC burbs in Maryland. We are fine. My gov't office complex is in Rockville, 12 -15 miles from the Pentagon, but the tallest structure for miles around. We were evaculated pretty soon. Since we have the word "nuclear" in our name, we're always afraid some nut may think he can blow up the world by blowing up our building, but there's nothing remotely harmful here. <P>Military jets and helicoptors were all around yesterday afternoon. Today (Wed.) schools are closed, but all gov't offices open.<P>I broke Plan B yesterday and contacted W who works in an area hospital to let her know I had tabs on <son> and would get him from school - they dismissed early - knowing she would likely be unable to leave, even if she could get thru the traffic. I offered to be available for anything she might need from me in case she ended up stuck there for days. In times of crisis beyond our control, compassion should be expected.<P>SKM?<P>WAT

H
H
I'm fine boys are fine, in Houston of course. W is having problems with OM, SC are okay.<P>I have a 'Step'Aunt whose husband works in the WTC.. haven't heard anything yet. I barely know them.. and I'm only worried about my Stepdad, worrying about his sister.<P>------------------<BR>Semper Fi,<P><B>Husband2You</B><BR>«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»<BR><I>···In the valley of the blind the one eye'd man is King···</I><P>· E-mail: <B> husband2you@petroleum.org </B> · ICQ: <B><A HREF="http://wwp.icq.com/1206499" TARGET=_blank>1206499</A></B> · Formerly: <B>E m p t y</B> ·

C
C
Orchid, Doing okay here, family and friends all well, gave blood yesterday though, would like to remind everyone the red cross is asking for blood and money donations.

E
E
I'm here and my family and friends are fine. I live about 45 minutes away from where the plane crashed in Somerset.<P>My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone.

N
N
Orchid, this thread is a really good idea. I have been wondering how my friends are over in D/D, so I borrowed your idea. I hope you don't mind.<P>Jacky

J
J
I'm here.<P> jd

S
S
The family and I are fine, live on the west coast. OM is from NYC and has family there now. Make for some very confusing feeling and for a very hard day and days to come. My prayers to all.<P>silwl

J
J
I live in the DC area. H works in the Pentagon, but was not there yesterday. Thank God. Had a scary few hours until I heard from him. I am a teacher and had to deal with frightened children all day. Unfortuntately, due to our proximity to DC, some of our students had parents who were killed. I pray for us all.... Pray for wisdom of our leaders and the suffering of so many....

H
H
I'm here in the middle of fly-over country. The kids and I had a real quiet moment late yesterday when the oldest looked up and said that he didn't see any planes flying overhead. We can always count on seeing aircraft or their comtrails. We just got quiet all over again and the sadness came back to me. Good thing we could get back to the kickball game so we could keep our perspective. Somehow, they managed to beat me by one run. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] They enjoyed that. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>SG

F
F
I'm here, and I'm fine. No family or connections in the affected areas.<P>I'll do a quick check-in for GodlyMan as well. I heard from him on e-mail. He's out of the country on business, and will be delayed coming home because of all this. So keep him in your thoughts and prayers in his traveling.

M
M
Here and accounted for...<BR>So is ConfusedHeart, we are in the West and alive and kicking.<BR>

M
M
I'm here in SW MO. No friends or family on East coast but doesn't make me feel any less sad or just completly numb. As the mother of 5 I feel especially for all the children who went to sleep last night knowing they had lost a mother or father or both. Really makes my problems seem so insignificant at this point. God bless all of you.

M
M
On the west coast,everyone in my family is fine. My 8yo daughter has a classmate who's cousin was on one of the planes that crashed. Also, a teacher's aide at her school lost two sons on another one of the planes. Amazing how we can be physically so far from the tragedy yet still be effected so deeply. God's blessings to everyone!

A
A
I'm checking in from Delaware. Everyone here is fine although we have the misfortune of being sandwiched in the middle of a lot of the targets yesterday. I'm glad that Americans are pulling together as a Nation to support and pray for the victims and their families. My husband is Lieutenant in the Fire Department here and they are calling for volunteers to go to NY. Not sure if he will be one of them yet. Prayers to all.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 777 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation