Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3011372 11/24/19 03:11 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Synopsis of previous thread: started dating a co-worker about a month ago. Things have been going really great with her. We hang out all the time, our relationship doesn't interfere with our job, our co-workers are happy we "FINALLY" got together. We've both realized we have very strong feelings for each other, probably stemming from the close friendship we had prior to getting together.

Events of two nights: my ex-brother-in-law and his wife ran into my girlfriend and I while we were eating out. We were always on friendly terms and we chatted for a bit before he went along his way. Well, I guess he told my ex that I was dating, no big deal because I didn't tell him not to tell her. Last night, I'm laying in bed reading and I get a string of texts from my ex. She's doing ok, not great, but ok. Lives in a two bedroom apartment but somewhat struggling financially. She's sorry for how she neglected me. She's sorry she couldn't show me physical affection without me begging. She misses me. She realized what she had now that I've been gone for a year. The list goes on. I barely respond. When she's finally done I tell her that I've moved on with my life and it's for the best that she does as well. Including our marriage, we spent a total of 20 years together and we just weren't compatible.

Well, she apparently doesn't like the fact that I've moved on. Accused me of cheating with my co-worker - I didn't. In fact, I didn't meet her until after the divorce was finalized. Called me sick because I'm 42 and dating a 29 year old "child." The slew of insults went on and on until I finally told her enough was enough and that the only contact we'd have was the small alimony check I send her every month and when that's done in a few years to not ever contact me again.

I've blocked her number, e-mail, and across social media. Needless to say it fowled my mood the rest of the night.

Why, after a year, would she try to come back?

G
G
Why does it matter?

D
Administrator
Administrator
D
This thread is being locked due to multiple aliases for deceptive purposes. The OP has another alias, AviationNut1980.

MBDenali@gmail.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation