Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 32 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 31 32
C
OP Offline
C
Who in the heck told him I was out tonight?!!!!

C
OP Offline
C
Another request from IM to leave football stuff out for BF. I left the bag on the front porch. I was lying in bed and then BF pulled up in front drive, opened the front door and let DS in. DS came up to the bedroom and gave me a kiss and then they went.

He didn’t even need to come in the stuff was outside. I feel like he is checking up on me. Making sure I am home and that no one is in bed with me. Lord knows.

C
OP Offline
C
So it’s all been happening.

BF came back after football with DS. He let himself in the house again and stood in the kitchen. He said that DS was feeling poorly and that he had been up in the night and wanted to be with me. I just nodded and said ok. Then he said well it’s not really ok I am finding this devastating. I may have goofed but I said I am sure then Left the kitchen.

What’s going on? I guess he is worried about me meeting someone else but I am not giving anything away.

Luckily I was looking good when he came round and he was really looking me up and down.

L
L
Originally Posted by Coolbeginnings
He didn’t even need to come in the stuff was outside. I feel like he is checking up on me. Making sure I am home and that no one is in bed with me. Lord knows.

Change your locks today. You only need to change the tumblers, take the old ones out and go to a locksmith with them. Then you can pop in the new ones. The only tool you need is a screwdriver.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
C
OP Offline
C

Thank you.

Will get locks changed? Why is he doing this Living Well?

I don’t understand what’s going on.

Last edited by Coolbeginnings; 03/07/20 02:19 PM.
L
L
Thank you.

Will get locks changed

Good, you will sleep better now

Why is he doing this Living Well?

No idea and it does not matter. My XH used to stalk me. He knew when I was going to walk the terrier in the mornings and would follow me to the park. Eventually he got bored of being ignored by both of us.

3 adult children
(formerly lied_to_again)
C
OP Offline
C
I was out all day yesterday he came round again about 5 minutes after we got home to drop off an item of the kids clothing.

Feeling like I missed a chance to sort things out when he stood in the kitchen and said that he is feeling devastated?

G
G

L
L
Feeling like I missed a chance to sort things out when he stood in the kitchen and said that he is feeling devastated?

You aren't listening to us are you? Get your fingers out of your ears. BF is not going to even start to think about addressing the requirements you put into your plan B letter until he sees YOU start to be serious about plan B.

Right now he still thinks you will take him back without meeting any of your requirements. He wants his dinner cooked and to see his children every night and go back to treating you like a discarded sock. Keep this plan C up much longer and you will begin to hate him. You may also get ill at which time he will get custody.

Then it will not matter that he has dried out and done anger management because you will be past the point of no return. Is that what you want?

3 adult children
(formerly lied_to_again)
C
OP Offline
C
Ok I hear you all frown

On one hand I feel like I have done really well, despite his numerous attempts I have not buckled once. Or even contacted him.

On another hand you are telling me that I am doing Plan C but not sure why.

I had another message from IM for him asking for more time with the children:( I ignored and sent him a new schedule with no additional time. Yet to hear back on that.

Anger & anxiety has now turned to sadness on my part.

Came home from work early today feeling poorly.

Yes I now see his antics at the weekend at another pathetic attempt at guilt tripping me, nothing else.

So sad my life has turned out like this.

Last edited by Coolbeginnings; 03/10/20 01:13 PM.
L
L
On another hand you are telling me that I am doing Plan C but not sure why.

You said he was in your kitchen. That is Plan C for Catastrophe. Not only should he not be in your house, he should not enter your garden. Your children need to walk from his car, they are old enough to do that.

Cheer up, you have lots of life ahead of you and all of it is going to be better than being treated like a discarded sock.

3 adult children
(formerly lied_to_again)
G
G
The reason why we recommend a solid plan B is we learned to understand the MB program. It is designed to recover your life while minimizing damage and pain. If you have questions about the program, or if you don't like the plan, please use this forum for clarification, or contact Dr Harley again.

Wether or not your relationship will be able to recover depends on the willingness to follow the steps laid out in the plan B letter and participate in the MB program.

The chances of recovery are zero if the initial willingness is not there, if the requirements are not met. The longer you stay in a painful plan C, the more damage is done to you personally, so more time needed to heal from additional damage.

Plan B protects you and a solid plan B will help you regain control and sanity. You are in an emotional rollercoaster and every time you have contact, it is day zero. When you are in a solid plan B, your emotions will step aside and hand over the steering wheel to your ratio.
Take care!

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks all

So sick of not having my children even if it’s only for 2 nights per week.

BF is now asking via IM to have more time with the children and to talk direct so that we can agree a schedule going forward. He has also suggested seeing a mediator.

He already has them one night in the week and half the weekend?!

Crying again.

L
L
So sick of not having my children even if it’s only for 2 nights per week.

Of course you are

BF is now asking via IM to have more time with the children and to talk direct so that we can agree a schedule going forward. He has also suggested seeing a mediator.

So yet more attempts to break your plan B. Your IM should not be sending you these messages. Give IM a boiler plate response to send each time something like this comes in. An extract from your plan B letter would be good.

He already has them one night in the week and half the weekend?!

Crying again.

Nothing easy about the breakdown of a relationship. Had you thought about formalising the visitation through your solicitor?

3 adult children
(formerly lied_to_again)
C
OP Offline
C
Just want to say thanks for all your time and support Living Well.

So IM went back with a response to BF. Then BF has come back saying that he now doesn’t want more time with the children just to fix a schedule like every other weekend and one set night each weekend. Hurrah!!!!

So only with them 2 nights per week at the moment. He is so erratic one day requesting one thing then changing his mind later.

Have a good weekend all.

L
L
He is so erratic one day requesting one thing then changing his mind later.

No, he is being very consistent. Consistently poking large holes in your plan B. He is not interested in seeing more of the children, he is interested in seeing how long it take you to agree to be his discarded sock again :-)

3 adult children
(formerly lied_to_again)
C
OP Offline
C
LOL

He is gonna have a lonnnnnng wait!

Hope you are all keeping well in the States with the Coronavirus smile

C
OP Offline
C
Hi there

I am having really heart pangs for him today. I really wish I could think a bit more clearer, I seem to be pining for him way too much. I am spending a lot of time focusing on building a new life making plans, I have taken up tennis which I really enjoy.

BF seems to take over my thoughts most days. I am very embarrassed about the situation and just can’t seem to get to that place of happiness looking forward to a better life.

I am also filled with fear. Fear he is never going to change and fear that he has met someone new and because I live in such a small town it is going to rubbed in my face.

Funny though out of all this process I feel as though I am a better mother. I feel so much closer to the children.

Last edited by Coolbeginnings; 03/16/20 10:13 AM.
C
OP Offline
C
I now actually think been treated like a discarded sock is better than my children been away from me 2 nights per week.

Last edited by Coolbeginnings; 03/17/20 02:01 PM.
C
OP Offline
C
BF has sent to the house today a Mother’s Day card from Moonpig. Dear me.

Page 12 of 32 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation