Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
acdelco Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I am new to this forum and really don't know where to begin. I will keep my situation brief and try to get to the important stuff. If you think you need more information to provide any support or advice, please just message me or post.

I will post the main issues in bullet points.

[list]
[*]Issues

-she refuses to get vaccinated for Covid and is refusing to get our 2 kids vaccinated as well; she refuses to listen to the medical experts and accuses me of falling for the media
-she spends almost all of her waking hours in front of a computer screen in an office in the basement (not work-related as she does not work at this time)
-she has made the comment that she plans to move to a different part of the country to live in the future
-she has refused to have sex because I have been vaccinated
-I have started counselling and she has refused to join
-I get the feeling that if I said I am leaving and want a divorce that she is almost waiting for me to do it or at least wouldn't be upset with the idea
-She refuses to in anyway try to make the relationship better
-I feel like there is no future as she has her mind made up already

I am still living in the home, frustrated with life on a daily basis and no idea where to go from here. There is absolutely no point in trying to show her data in regards to the importance of being vaccinated. She simply will not budge. She thinks it is all media driven and thinks she knows best.

You may say that I have answered my questions already and there is only one alternative here for me. I understand that. I am hoping that is not necessarily the case. The last thing I want to do is split up and not be with my kids, and even our gorgeous pet cat. I am thinking a million thoughts, kids, finances, etc etc... Meanwhile, I can't live like this day after day. It is a lousy relationship and she has no interest in trying to make it better.

Last thing, infidelity is not an issue. I often wonder if she even likes sex. It sounds ridiculous but it is.

Any advice is most welcome. Thanks.

B
B
Originally Posted by acdelco
I am new to this forum and really don't know where to begin. I will keep my situation brief and try to get to the important stuff. If you think you need more information to provide any support or advice, please just message me or post.

I will post the main issues in bullet points.

[list]
[*]Issues

-she refuses to get vaccinated for Covid and is refusing to get our 2 kids vaccinated as well; she refuses to listen to the medical experts and accuses me of falling for the media
-she spends almost all of her waking hours in front of a computer screen in an office in the basement (not work-related as she does not work at this time)
-she has made the comment that she plans to move to a different part of the country to live in the future
-she has refused to have sex because I have been vaccinated
-I have started counselling and she has refused to join
-I get the feeling that if I said I am leaving and want a divorce that she is almost waiting for me to do it or at least wouldn't be upset with the idea
-She refuses to in anyway try to make the relationship better
-I feel like there is no future as she has her mind made up already

I am still living in the home, frustrated with life on a daily basis and no idea where to go from here. There is absolutely no point in trying to show her data in regards to the importance of being vaccinated. She simply will not budge. She thinks it is all media driven and thinks she knows best.

You may say that I have answered my questions already and there is only one alternative here for me. I understand that. I am hoping that is not necessarily the case. The last thing I want to do is split up and not be with my kids, and even our gorgeous pet cat. I am thinking a million thoughts, kids, finances, etc etc... Meanwhile, I can't live like this day after day. It is a lousy relationship and she has no interest in trying to make it better.

Last thing, infidelity is not an issue. I often wonder if she even likes sex. It sounds ridiculous but it is.

Any advice is most welcome. Thanks.

Welcome to MB.

How do you know infidelity is not an issue? How have you ruled this out?

With all her time on the computer she may very well be having an emotional affair. You need to rule this out. Have you checked her devices?

Who takes care of the children when she is on the computer all day?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

H
H
Hi there,

- Children are not very likely to get CoViD, because they have much less of the molecules that are needed for CoViD to latch on to.
- If they do get CoViD, they are very unlikely to suffer complications and there are many illnesses, that you don't worry about, that are more likely to kill or harm your children (graphicgraphic: no change in mortality in children compared to years without CoViD at al).
- Children under the age of 12 are more likely to suffer side effects of vaccination, than they are likely to have complications from CoViD.
- In Children between the ages of 12 and 16 the evidence is inconclusive.
- Generally, people below the age of 30 are highly unlikely to suffer complications of CoViD if they are not vaccinated and get it.

You can trust me that the information above is an accurate reflection of the scientific knowledge at this time. I am a medical doctor with a PhD in medical immunology and a full professor of prevention.
Disclaimer: The above is general information and not to be construed as medical advice. For individual advice you should consult a health practitioner who knows your family's medical history.

Of course you will see things in the news, but please consider, that some babies get heart attacks (I saw one) and young people die from meningitis from the normal flu. These rarities normally do not make it into the news and nobody is worried their 3-month-old will have a heart attack (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28238152/).

Hopefully, this will put things in perspective and you can stop bickering with your wife about vaccination and address actual marital issues.
Please familiarize yourself with the basic concepts and start Plan A.
- Why should she be willing to come out of the basement?
- For what?
- Is it pleasant to be with you or are you berating her?
- Are you wooing her with niceties, or are you telling her what a bum she is for sitting in the basement?
- Is she escaping you, or the children or?

Marriage is supposed to be fun. What did the two of you do when you fell in love? Go to the cinema, out to eat?
How much time do the two of you spend alone and how old are your children?

God bless, Happyheart

me, DH
all the children

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation